Changes on Koningsdam

Vict0riann

Yes, the K has a lot of art with a musical theme. Some of the pieces, like the ship made from a violin (or viola?) take a minute of looking before you realize what it's really made of. Those collage portraits are incredibly complicated. Its difficult to get a photo that does justice to them.

I didn't mind the often odd art, but what I did miss was more of the Stephen Card paintings. I think the two in the Crows Nest may be the only ones on that whole ship. 

We went to Sel de Mer last night.  The Fruits de Mer was a nice starter for four, but then I just had the calamari starter as my main course and shared a dessert with Pat.  

Tonight we are going to the Pinnacle.  I think there are a few new items on the menu.  I think I will try the scallops.

5D3E1113-7E7D-4381-A62D-30784AC7FFB9.thumb.png.ae2a597d8c99d4fca5f019d856dd3e3c.png4091EEC5-B211-473D-B0AC-C41DEA80EAA7.thumb.png.7f6ce4cfe4f308281633d21b668d7f2a.png817BFFA4-46B9-46F0-B7C5-33426A0DC43B.thumb.png.2cbed2397c404cf5b1c84f2c640fac48.png

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 1

Currently on MS Rotterdam and we also have the new When and Where.

Piano Bar area has been boarded up with coming soon graphics and new Billboard venue  (dueling pianos) should be up and running next cruise. In meantime Jamm our piano entertainer is playing in Crows Nest.

Former Sommelier Ferdinand just came on-board and is now the Beverage Manager. He recognized us from our Prisendam cruise.

All is good on Rotterdam. Cádiz today and Casablanca tomorrow.😃🚢

On 11/7/2019 at 11:12 AM, aliaschief said:

Piano Bar area has been boarded up with coming soon graphics and new Billboard venue  (dueling pianos) should be up and running next cruise. In meantime Jamm our piano entertainer is playing in Crows Nest.

Former Sommelier Ferdinand just came on-board and is now the Beverage Manager. He recognized us from our Prisendam cruise.

We can see where you are on the Navigator, which has a new ability to see where all the dam ships are!  Enjoy the crossing.  We have Captain Timmers, who has a wonderful sense of humour.  Every day at 4 he sits in BB King’s, answering questions and chatting with the passengers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skipper's Mom said:

Call me crazy but on the menus, doesn't it look like a ship on the print at the bottom of the page?  LOL!

I was going to call you crazy until I was through my second glass of wine and now I think I am crazy!  

Now if they printed in blue ink, it could be a blue hull beauty! 😍

So far the change regarding the timing of the happy hours has stayed the same - 4 to 6:30, in all bars.  Which is great, as we like the variety of times.  But we do have to have the same drink.  

People have evidently been complaining about the internet, so we will be getting a refund of 25% of the cost for the crossing.  I’m rather surprised, as most people know that it’s slow in the middle of theAtlantic Ocean!

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

So far the change regarding the timing of the happy hours has stayed the same - 4 to 6:30, in all bars.  Which is great, as we like the variety of times.  But we do have to have the same drink.  

People have evidently been complaining about the internet, so we will be getting a refund of 25% of the cost for the crossing.  I’m rather surprised, as most people know that it’s slow in the middle of theAtlantic Ocean!

Thanks for the update, Ann.

Good news on the Happy Hour, indeed 🙂 

Interesting about the internet. And nice on the refund!  I’ve certainly had blank spots on a crossing and, at other times decent internet for the entire crossing.  So much depends on the positioning of the satellite and what could be blocking it. 😉 

On 11/4/2019 at 12:54 AM, Vict0riann said:

We are having Sit & Stitch in the Captain’s Corner of the Crow’s Nest on sea days, this should be the first one.  I am early.  I seem to remember that this area was set up differently in 2018.   It is quite comfortable now, and I found two of Captain Card’s paintings, one of the Koningsdam.EDEF01BF-F0EF-4612-A229-4AA7F516A9A6.thumb.jpeg.59b74ba8e168d884b67af2adeac8ddbd.jpeg26B666FC-AB79-4981-A6D3-979D251DD734.thumb.jpeg.d440016bb2d75deca297f1a58de76e05.jpeg

Excellent to hear Captain Card is "back in business" with HAL after an unwelcome absence!

You and Pat enjoy the remaining part of your TA crossing, Ann! :classic_smile:

Thank you, Copper.  Sorry I haven’t responded sooner.  The internet disappeared for a time, and when it reappeared CC had kicked me off.  I usually log in with my email address, but CC wouldn’t accept that, I finally figured out that it wanted my Vict0riann name. 

So now we are home, need a little rest from a very port-intensive cruise.  It was wonderful seeing a bunch of new places.  I think the people we encouraged to join us were very impressed.  A special treat was Stromboli’s eruption after dark, and Captain Timmers spent some time nearby.  

On 11/7/2019 at 6:12 AM, aliaschief said:

Love Jamm