Superbowl

massfamilyof4

10 minutes ago, massfamilyof4 said:

We will be on Epic (Western Caribbean) for the Super Bowl. Is there a chance they won't have the Super Bowl coverage? Our group of ten will be so mad if we  don't get to watch the Brady and the Pats win #7! 😜🏉

We sailed from San Juan on Superbowl Sunday and were able to watch the entire game on the big screen and various places on board. Alot of fun!  They delayed sailing until the game was over.  It was a few years back and the first win MVP Eli had over Tom!  😆😆😆🏈🏈🏈 Only downside on watching the game on board was they weren't showing those great Superbowl TV commercials!  

• Like 1

We have watched a few Super Bowls on NCL ships and have decided that we would rather be home. A few issues:

You don't get the commercials. 

Few if any pre game coverage.

The last time there were pretty bad audio problems.

Seating can be an issue. Get to the Atrium early to get a decent seat. 

• Like 1

For the Pats last four trips to the Big Game I have been on a cruise ship. '15 & '17 I was on the Getaway; they won! '18 I made a poor decision and was on another line; they lost 😞 Last year on the Breakaway!! They won! I have just booked a trip on the Bliss leaving Super Bowl Sunday. I have my Tedy Bruschi jersey already packed to watch the Pats play. 

So to answer your question, in the past anyway, the game has been on. I know that I will personally throw the cruise director and anyone else over board that would be responsible for the game not being played. 

Go Pats!!

• Like 3

We were on the Jade during the last superbowl. We watched it in the Atrium but I think

it was being shown elsewhere too. They brought in extra chairs but we were able to

get one arriving about an hour before and having  cocktails beforehand. People were bringing

in food from elsewhere (wings) to eat during the game. It was fun.

• Like 1

I have been on NCL ships for the last two Super Bowls. They show the game on every available screen on the ship and even do some fun team color decorations in the Atrium. As another poster noted though, there are no commercials. So if any of your group likes to watch just for the commercials, they are out of luck.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 7:58 AM, Roadsofa said:

For the Pats last four trips to the Big Game I have been on a cruise ship. '15 & '17 I was on the Getaway; they won! '18 I made a poor decision and was on another line; they lost 😞 Last year on the Breakaway!! They won! I have just booked a trip on the Bliss leaving Super Bowl Sunday. I have my Tedy Bruschi jersey already packed to watch the Pats play. 

So to answer your question, in the past anyway, the game has been on. I know that I will personally throw the cruise director and anyone else over board that would be responsible for the game not being played. 

Go Pats!!

We were on the breakaway this year for the super bowl!  It was a fun night, even though we are not patriots fans!!  Watching the game on the big screen in the Spice area was very cool!

• Like 1

Was on Dawn last year out of SanJuan....game was on Patriot haters everywhere, can not really blame them....won 1200 dollars in the Super Bowl squares 3 and 3 was very lucky and Pats win was icing on cake...will be on Epic this year as well🏈🏈🍺🍺

• Like 3

This will be our 4th super bowl cruise and if the football Gods will it... we'll be watching the Pats again!! It's amazing how many people on the boat don't like the Patriots so it's kinda fun when you see other Pats fans, nice bonding thing lol. It was also nice to educate some Pats haters about all the charity work they do, how Craft has revitalized Foxboro and our surrounding towns ( I'm about 10 min from stadium), how humble Brady actually is and to remind people that for years n years they couldn't GIVE away tickets cause the team was so bad and the stadium was a dump. 

Each year, on getaway, escape and bliss its been on in the atrium, by the pool, in your room tvs and I'm sure other bars. It was also on at Spice H20 which was the best place to watch but the Bliss didn't have a screen and the Escape had a private party booked that year, which stunk! So no worries fellow Mass neighbor... if we're blessed again with them in it this year, you'll be able to watch it!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Was on Dawn last year out of SanJuan....game was on Patriot haters everywhere, can not really blame them....won 1200 dollars in the Super Bowl squares 3 and 3 was very lucky and Pats win was icing on cake...will be on Epic this year as well🏈🏈🍺🍺

Bostonfred, you won't be able to miss our group of ten! Avid Pats fans! "They only hate us 'cause they ain't us 😜"!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Mark my word.  Even with cheating and always getting to play in the worst division in football, the Patriots will NOT be in the Super Bowl.  But look on the bright side, you will enjoy your cruise more and wont be locked in watching TV.

+1 (plus fixed it a little bit)

On 11/12/2019 at 6:09 AM, massfamilyof4 said:

Bostonfred, you won't be able to miss our group of ten! Avid Pats fans! "They only hate us 'cause they ain't us 😜"!

Will keep an eye out...my son in law taught my grandson that phase except he would say to people..you hate us because you’re anus...8 year olds can get away with a lot 

• Haha 1