Norwegian Joy Concierge email

partsgal

If I'm booked in a suite or the Haven, I usually receive the letter from the PreConcierge, not the actual concierge on the ship, around the same time as I receive my luggage tags or around 50 days prior to the cruise itself.  Some feel that contacting them is worthwhile while others....not so much.    NclConciergeDesk@ncl.com is the email address.  1.855.625.4283.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, partsgal said:

Looking to get in touch with concierge before our cruise. Sometimes I don't hear from them as I'm supposed to. If anyone knows  their email address please let me know. We are cruising March 1. Thanks

You are never contacted by the ship's concierge. And you are not suppose to be contacted by them. Per post above, 50 days prior to cruise,. you should receive a letter from the pre-concierge and luggage tags via snail mail.

We feel that the pre-concierge has little value and prefer to build a rapport with the real concierge and butler on the ship when we embark.  You can ask them for regular or decaf coffee pods (the default is both are provided in your room). 

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2019 at 8:13 PM, BirdTravels said:

You are never contacted by the ship's concierge. And you are not suppose to be contacted by them. Per post above, 50 days prior to cruise,. you should receive a letter from the pre-concierge and luggage tags via snail mail.

This is incorrect. We have ALWAYS received an email from the concierge prior to our Haven cruises, with the suite selection letter attached, asking for our requests. 

The concierge can also assist with dining reservations and other special requests pre-cruise. 

48 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

This is incorrect. We have ALWAYS received an email from the concierge prior to our Haven cruises, with the suite selection letter attached, asking for our requests. 

The concierge can also assist with dining reservations and other special requests pre-cruise. 

You are NEVER contacted by the ship’s concierge. You get contact information to the guest services call center for Haven guests. These people have zero capabilities that you don’t online. They can not get you a seat at a sold out restaurant or show. They can help you decide on regular or decaf coffee. Zero use to us. 

The ship’s concierge on RCCL will contact you a few days prior to cruise. But NOT NCL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

You are NEVER contacted by the ship’s concierge. You get contact information to the guest services call center for Haven guests. These people have zero capabilities that you don’t online. They can not get you a seat at a sold out restaurant or show. They can help you decide on regular or decaf coffee. Zero use to us. 

The ship’s concierge on RCCL will contact you a few days prior to cruise. But NOT NCL. 

You might want to tell NCL that, because as I said, I have ALWAYS received an email FROM NCL prior to my Haven cruises. 😉 

And they have ALWAYS provided much more assistance than "regular or decaf coffee". 

Maybe they just don't like you? 🤭😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We get a letter and an email when we are booked into Haven.   The luggage tags come in the mail with a welcome letter and then email is from the concierge.
We aren't that complicated tho.  So I usually book whatever I can online and then if we have Adrian, he always will make magic happen for whatever we ask.  Other concierges are not as magical as Adrian. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaryZ said:

We get a letter and an email when we are booked into Haven.   The luggage tags come in the mail with a welcome letter and then email is from the concierge.
We aren't that complicated tho.  So I usually book whatever I can online and then if we have Adrian, he always will make magic happen for whatever we ask.  Other concierges are not as magical as Adrian. 

Thank you for confirming that we aren't the only ones!

I really didn't think we were receiving special treatment! 😂

We generally have them confirm the dining & show reservations we have made and share any special requests such as no seafood in daily treats. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

You might want to tell NCL that, because as I said, I have ALWAYS received an email FROM NCL prior to my Haven cruises. 😉 

And they have ALWAYS provided much more assistance than "regular or decaf coffee". 

You are very confused.  The letter you get in the mail IS NOT from the ship's concierge.  The letter is giving you contact information to the onshore concierge.  That person then relates your requests to the ship's concierge.  The ship's concierge is far too busy to be in direct contact with the 1000's of guests that will be on board in the weeks and months ahead.  Come on, this is just common sense.

Edited by Love my butler
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Love my butler said:

You are very confused.  The letter you get in the mail IS NOT from the ship's concierge.  The letter is giving you contact information to the onshore concierge.  That person then relates your requests to the ship's concierge.  The ship's concierge is far too busy to be in direct contact with the 1000's of guests that will be on board in the weeks and months ahead.  Come on, this is just common sense.

I'm not at all confused, although BirdTravels has done their best to cause confusion by tossing in "ship's" concierge when that's not what the original post was about. 

The OP inquired about getting in touch with the concierge, period. Anyone with common sense understands that there is a full concierge department, consisting of a shoreside team as well as individual teams on each ship. And that is what OP was inquiring about; contacting the team, not the specific concierge on their ship. 🤦‍♀️

The second person to respond answered OP's question. BirdTravels then went on to claim that the concierge department NEVER contacts cruisers precruise, which is 100% incorrect; but he tossed in "ship's" concierge to cause confusion. 

The fact is that emails ARE sent to Haven cruisers prior to cruising, with the suite selection letter and an offer of further assistance if needed. We've received the same standard email for every Haven cruise:

"Attached is your SSL (Suite Selection Letter), please review and advise of your preferences. Please let us know if there is anything  else that we may assist you with."

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

1 hour ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

I'm not at all confused, although BirdTravels has done their best to cause confusion by tossing in "ship's" concierge when that's not what the original post was about. 

The OP inquired about getting in touch with the concierge, period. Anyone with common sense understands that there is a full concierge department, consisting of a shoreside team as well as individual teams on each ship. And that is what OP was inquiring about; contacting the team, not the specific concierge on their ship. 🤦‍♀️

The second person to respond answered OP's question. BirdTravels then went on to claim that the concierge department NEVER contacts cruisers precruise, which is 100% incorrect; but he tossed in "ship's" concierge to cause confusion. 

The fact is that emails ARE sent to Haven cruisers prior to cruising, with the suite selection letter and an offer of further assistance if needed. We've received the same standard email for every Haven cruise:

"Attached is your SSL (Suite Selection Letter), please review and advise of your preferences. Please let us know if there is anything  else that we may assist you with."

I think you are mixing everything up.  The pre-cruise concierge letter comes from the NCL call center that should also include your Haven luggage tags.  They give a land based email and a call center phone number for special requests prior to sailing.  I am sailing next month and looking at the letter as I type this.  Notice it is NOT signed by anyone especially a concierge.  Bird is correct.  You will not get in contact with the concierge prior to your cruise.  The call center simply forwards your requests to the ship prior to sailing.  Not only is the letter not signed by a concierge but try calling the number.  They answer "Norwegian Cruise Line, how can I help you."

The OP wanted to get in touch with the concierge which others pointed out correctly will not happen prior to your cruise.  Bird did not cause any confusion and simply stated the facts.  The concierge is busy with the daily tasks on the ship and has nothing to do with you until you board.  Your NCL requests through the call center concierge desk will be forwarded to the ship.  The statements from part of the letter you posted prove our point 😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Thank you for confirming that we aren't the only ones!

I really didn't think we were receiving special treatment! 😂

We generally have them confirm the dining & show reservations we have made and share any special requests such as no seafood in daily treats. 🙂 

Well...it appears we are special....lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

The pre-cruise concierge letter comes from the NCL call center that should also include your Haven luggage tags. ...

The statements from part of the letter you posted prove our point 

No, what I quoted came from an EMAIL from the concierge team, and that email did not include luggage tags; luggage tags are sent via snail mail, not email. 😉 

My only point is that communication with the concierge team IS established prior to your cruise, and IS - or at least can be - established via email. 

Did you ever consider maybe you are receiving everything (including the suite selection letter) via snail mail because you have not opted in to email for everything? 

On that note, I'm done here, as my initial response was only to clarify that yes, communication with the concierge does commence prior to one's cruise, and can absolutely be via email.

Happy sailing! 

On 11/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, partsgal said:

Looking to get in touch with concierge before our cruise. Sometimes I don't hear from them as I'm supposed to. If anyone knows  their email address please let me know. We are cruising March 1. Thanks

To answer your question, the email address is NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com. This will email the shoreside pre-concierge, not the actual concierge on the Joy. The pre-concierge arranges things before you board. We find them to be hit or miss, but it’s always worth asking!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

No, what I quoted came from an EMAIL from the concierge team, and that email did not include luggage tags; luggage tags are sent via snail mail, not email. 😉 

My only point is that communication with the concierge team IS established prior to your cruise, and IS - or at least can be - established via email. 

Did you ever consider maybe you are receiving everything (including the suite selection letter) via snail mail because you have not opted in to email for everything? 

On that note, I'm done here, as my initial response was only to clarify that yes, communication with the concierge does commence prior to one's cruise, and can absolutely be via email.

Happy sailing! 

You are still wrong and still confused.  You CANNOT establish communication with the ship's concierge via email prior to your cruise.  I suppose you could if you have their address, which I do, but that is not how the process works.  ALL your communications go thru the shoreside services desk.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

You are still wrong and still confused.  You CANNOT establish communication with the ship's concierge via email prior to your cruise.  I suppose you could if you have their address, which I do, but that is not how the process works.  ALL your communications go thru the shoreside services desk.

Oh for Pete's sake. Can you not read?

I said concierge TEAM, not "ship's concierge". That was your buddy's (alter ego's?) addition to the conversation. 😂

You absolutely CAN establish contact with the CONCIERGE TEAM prior to your cruise.

As others have already said, use NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com to establish contact if you have not already received an email from them.

Talk about being confused! 😂🤦‍♀️😂

Go insist you're right and others are wrong elsewhere. 🙄

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

You are very confused. 

The topic of this thread is getting in contact with the Joy’s concierge. You can not do that. 

The concierge you are being contacted by on every one of your cruises is a minimum wage call center person in Arizona assigned to take Haven requests. They are NOT the ship’s concierge. They are not Concierges. They have no ability to book any shows or dinner reservations you can’t do yourself online. They are guest service personnel there to hold your hand and make you feel important. We sail in a suite or Haven room a couple of times a year. 

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...
On 11/5/2019 at 8:13 PM, BirdTravels said:

We feel that the pre-concierge has little value and prefer to build a rapport with the real concierge and butler on the ship when we embark.  You can ask them for regular or decaf coffee pods (the default is both are provided in your room). 

It us SUPPOSED, not suppose.

On 1/24/2020 at 8:44 PM, Wendy&Grumpy said:

I’m 42 days away from my cruise. This is first time I haven’t received email yet or luggage tags. Guess I’ll call this week

16 minutes ago, cabincop said:

I’m 42 days away from my cruise. This is first time I haven’t received email yet or luggage tags. Guess I’ll call this week

At the twenty-nine-day mark of our upcoming cruise, we had not received anything, either.  So I sent an e-mail to the Norwegian concierge desk.  Within two days, it responded, confirming the date that the luggage tags had been sent.  It also attached all of the other letters and literature to the e-mail.

Avout five days later, I received the luggage tags and letter in the mail.  Part of the reason for the delay was probably because it was sent to my travel agent, who then forwarded it to me.

1 hour ago, cabincop said:

For our cruise last week, we got a pre-concierge email exactly 130 days prior to departure (to coincide with the opening of dining reservations).

Update: We got our hardcopy letter and tags 33 days prior to departure. Pre-pandemic, that letter would show up exactly 50 days pre-departure. 

image.png.022883e42e50b484f5376f0fa5078503.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1