Which Carnival Shops have piano bars?

DeeandNatalie

10 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

All of them.  I avoid them like the plague, though! 😋

Why? I think it'd be a nice place to spend a few hours. Every time we went to the piano bar, the place was totally empty. Kind of like the library, except more so. Maybe with more cruises under my belt, my attitude might change. 

All of them.  There is a social media site where you can look up who your piano bar player will be.  And then you can either google/ask around for reviews on them to see if it's someone you'd enjoy listening to.  It's something like Carnival Piano Barbarians and the list is in the announcement post so you don't need to join unless you want to

• Like 2

From my experience there is a wide range talent wise in the piano players that Carnival uses on their ships. On some cruises the piano bar is packed every night while other cruises the piano bar never gets crowded. 

Several years ago we were walking by the piano bar on Magic around 8 PM. It was already crowded even though the piano bar wasn’t officially open until 9 PM. I told my wife either my watch is wrong or the piano player must be really good. Turns out the piano player (Patrick Duffy) was outstanding. He is still the only piano player I would book a cruise he is on just to listen to him play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

From my experience there is a wide range talent wise in the piano players that Carnival uses on their ships. On some cruises the piano bar is packed every night while other cruises the piano bar never gets crowded. 

So agree with the above.  While some of the piano players are really good and make the piano bar a fun place to be,  others are just awful. :classic_sad:

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Several years ago we were walking by the piano bar on Magic around 8 PM. It was already crowded even though the piano bar wasn’t officially open until 9 PM. I told my wife either my watch is wrong or the piano player must be really good. Turns out the piano player (Patrick Duffy) was outstanding. He is still the only piano player I would book a cruise he is on just to listen to him play. 

I loved Partick!  Just had him on the Valor in October. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Why? I think it'd be a nice place to spend a few hours. Every time we went to the piano bar, the place was totally empty. Kind of like the library, except more so. Maybe with more cruises under my belt, my attitude might change. 

Oh, I love the Piano Bar to sit during the day and read!  One of the rare places on Carnival ships that it's quiet.  It's at night when there's actually stuff happening that I avoid it.  I'm a music snob and I just don't like so many songs that are popular and really don't like the sing-along thing.  

My husband is a professional musician. The piano bar is one of our favorie things about cruising. We make friends with the piano player and the regulars. We thorughly enjoy it. That's the great thing about a cruise - you can do what you like and if you don't like it then don't do it.

• Like 1

In my experience they ALL have them, but hit and miss on the quality. I've been on the ELATION (years ago) when Duke's, the piano bar, had the best one ever. An entire bar from a little town in California had 30 people on this cruise. What a group ! Pianist and 2 waitresses had to have made a fortune in tips.He ended up closing Duke's with us and we all went to the disco until they closed. He later took us to the pizza place to top the night off. Great times. 🙂

Pianist, sorry can't remember his name, was stacking his loot on Carnival so he could eventually buy a bar somewhere on the California coast and quit the cruise ship gig.

Edited by glrounds

We spent more time in the piano bar on our last cruise than any prior. Patrick Duffy was the piano bar entertainer and can only recall only one other Carnival employee who made us feel so welcome and a part of the group right off the bat.

The piano bar was one of the highlights and most memorable part of our cruise.