Q about Ruby Princess Balcony Cabin with Third Guest

jlynchtx

I have never cruised with Princess before and we are thinking cruising to Alaska on the Ruby Princess this summer. There will be three of us in the cabin and I was thinking about booking a balcony cabin (I don’t think I can afford anything bigger). My son is the third guest and he is 15 years old. My question is, where does the third person sleep in the balcony cabins? I am used to the carnival balcony cabins with the couch and these rooms look smaller.
The Princess website said something about a rollaway bed, but I don’t even see room for a rollaway bed. Am I missing something? Anybody have any pictures of a balcony cabin with the third bed?

Thanks for your help!

The two lower beds are set up as singles, and a bed pops out of the ceiling or protrudes from the wall.  I think they were in the ceiling on the Ruby.  I may be confusing it with an interior cabin where they do protrude from the wall. 

There is no room for a rollaway. It might help if you posted the actual cabin you were looking at

Edited by jennybenny

Ok, that is very helpful. Thank you! I couldn’t find any video room tours on YouTube where someone had the third bed down or set up. From the pictures it looks like you can even have the lower bed set up as a queen if you want to. 

If you book a triple cabin (balcony cabins that are marked with a black triangle), there will be one bunk bed like in the photo above. If you book a quad cabin (balcony cabins marked with a red dot, that sleep three or four), there are usually fixed twin beds with a bunk bed above each. If you want to try to do a queen bed with the bunk above it I would book a triple cabin. That would most likely be a BB midaft balcony cabin or some of the BA midship balcony cabins.  Also a few of the B2 premium balcony cabins. 

Edited by rocklinmom

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

If you book a triple cabin (balcony cabins that are marked with a black triangle), there will be one bunk bed like in the photo above. If you book a quad cabin (balcony cabins marked with a red dot, that sleep three or four), there are usually fixed twin beds with a bunk bed above each. If you want to try to do a queen bed with the bunk above it I would book a triple cabin. That would most likely be a BB midaft balcony cabin or some of the BA midship balcony cabins.  Also a few of the B2 premium balcony cabins. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

We cruise with 3 in a cabin all the time with our now teenage son. The pictures above are accurate for a balcony cabin set up for 3 on the Emerald and Sapphire so I'm almost certain they are the same on the Ruby.  Princess cabins are smaller than Carnival cabins as they have no sofa or real sitting area.  3 people in a Princess cabin will be tighter than you have experienced on Carnival but it can be done.  

We have had room stewards that made the beds into a queen but we have also had them refuse and only allowed the twin set up because the upper was open.  We were told it was a safety hazzard.  We have also experienced a rollaway and would never do that again as the cabins are way too small.  

If you want a larger balcony try and pick a cabin on the Caribe deck.  These larger balconies are only half covered but having the extra size/space is great especially when you have 3 people in the cabin.