Accounting

I keep track of spending as I spend. I have a notes app on my phone and everytime I purchase something I will log it in so when I get an invoice I can compare. If there are menus or pricelists I will take a photo of it along with any receipts I receive as I have had previous experience of vanishing ink😂

On our just completed cruise on Sea Princess we had someone's alcoholic drinks put on our account when we were having hot chocolates. We became suspicious when the waiter tried to return the wrong cruise card to us and when we said it wasn't our card went off and tried to give our card to the people who had ordered the alcohol.

We had the problem again with someones coffee order being put on our coffee card, again when we were having hot chocolate, and again the waiter tried to return the incorrect cruise card to us.

Then when we ordered coffees they were charged to our account and not taken off the coffee card.

It seems you need to be vigilant or otherwise we were unlucky. Certainly didn't get any "bonus" drinks.

Yes, you do have to be vigilant in checking your onboard account. Most of the waiters are very good but it only takes one whose mind isn't on his/her job for mistakes to happen.

I was actually a bit surprised that we made it through 35 nights on Sea Princess on our last cruise without a single mistake.