Guaranteed

GICNJC

We have had a guaranteed booking for quite some time now.   Just wondering if anyone has showed up to the ship with a guaranteed and not gotten at least what they were guaranteed or worst yet been left behind?  We are less than 30 days out.

25 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

We have had a guaranteed booking for quite some time now.   Just wondering if anyone has showed up to the ship with a guaranteed and not gotten at least what they were guaranteed or worst yet been left behind?  We are less than 30 days out.

No, we were upgraded. No problems with guarantees. Contractually you will get, at least, the category you booked with and a chance of a free upgrade.

Edited by Classiccruiser777

Oceania will be offering passengers lots of offers to get them to switch cruises (we did this once), take an upsell (we did this a couple of time) and even take a downsell (which we also did once).  That downsell was too, too tempting since the huge refund we received paid for our next cruise in a VS.  (Our downsell was from a PH to a B2 which ended up being a B1.)

They will do whatever they have to do to make sure that you get your guaranteed cabin.

Mura

P.S.  Upon thinking about it they might also try to coerce you into taking a different cruise.  When we did that (back in October 2011) we had been booked in a PH on Regatta for an Alaska cruise.  To get us to give up that PH they offered upgrading us to a VS at no extra cost on a Med cruise.  We ended up on Marina which we'd been wanting to try anyway.  They increased our already hefty OBC to $1250 and gave us some other perks.  We took a hit when we had to change our flight reservations, but it wasn't too bad since instead of flying from NY to Seattle we flew instead to L.A. and visited family.  That turned out to be fortuitous since my mother (who had long been ill with Alzheimers) died a few weeks after we were there.

Edited by Mura
  • Like 1

I asked to plan for worst case scenario.   We have been offered upsales in past.  Taken some, no to others.  This trip we arranged own flight there to stay with my sister for two weeks in Perth and visit Sydney for five days prior to cruise.  Using Oceania flight home from Bali.

The bottom line is that you will get at least what you booked, and no, you won't be left. On my last trip we had an inside guarantee and got exactly that. It was given to us about 2 weeks before the cruise. 

FWIW, I think there have been considerably fewer upsells, downsells, moveover offers etc it the past year or so than there used to be. 

My Sirena 7 day Caribbean cruise is Jan. 25. I booked an outside guarantee but had a cabin assigned immediately. Now I see the ship is sold out, all categories are waitlisted. Is it likely I will be upgraded or will I still be in my original assigned cabin?

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

My Sirena 7 day Caribbean cruise is Jan. 25. I booked an outside guarantee but had a cabin assigned immediately. Now I see the ship is sold out, all categories are waitlisted. Is it likely I will be upgraded or will I still be in my original assigned cabin?

They may offer you an upsell just depends on how bad they want your cabin