Yacht Club Changes

sidari

2 hours ago, 2013cruiser2013 said:

We made final  payment for our April YC on Seaview. There is no mention of the minibar under the "Yacht Club Experience" section in our booking confirmation, but Premium Internet package is listed as included without any asterisk about starting May 2020. 

The unlimited minibar is listed under Yacht Club Privileges - for all YC ships, it's not specific to one. As I'm sure has been mentioned, if they continue to provide non-alcoholic drinks as unlimited, then technically they're still correct in their advertising..

Copied directly from website:

"PRIVILEGES
Dedicated priority check-in and check-out
Butler service available 24-hours
Dedicated concierge available 24-hours
Room service available 24-hours
Unlimited drinks in all MSC Yacht Club areas, the mini-bar in your suite and throughout the whole ship
Complimentary beverages in all onboard bars and restaurants, according to the selection available in each venue
Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers)
Most rewarding experience for MSC Voyagers Club points"

Can also confirm today as I sit in Ocho on the balcony, the minifridge is comp and restocked as well. No changes since our sailing in June. Venchi Martinis still 11$ and comp as is the Gelato. 

The food in the rest, definitely difference in menu choices (less) and some quality issues with some dishes while others just knock it out of the park. So I think consistency is still coming together to an extent. Still a great experience. 

All in all, MSC YC is now my exclusive cruise of choice.  Ive parted ways with NCL. Thanks Frank, it was a hoot while it lasted, your Encore design, lack of detail to the interior vs previous BA class (look closely you will notice it), and Haven pricing was last nail in the coffin. After stepping off Encore three weeks ago and stepping on SS in YC again this week, you ruly realize the beauty and magnificance MSC invests into the experience and vessels for us the guests, not investing solely for profits for bean counters and investors. Really even more excited with Ocean Cay coming up Friday looks outstanding!!! 

Booked 4 more times and adding a 5th through 2021. My home away from home. 

I just wanted to kind of put the finishes on this thread. Lots of concern for nothing. Truly. 

**Note: Mini Fridge doesnt come with champers or strawberries, we put ours in there, and theres a few items consumed as its mid day. 

1A971476-87C1-4E04-907B-27E3C6C11318.jpeg

E039EA5C-1876-4221-A8D0-AD02BBEC2CED.jpeg

68C55B9B-BBFF-4962-BF04-3A971F52BBC4.jpeg

13B4E852-6E51-4193-9438-37A4FCF1E5B0.jpeg

AB85043B-D27B-4E1E-AA0A-F8616C00D5A1.jpeg

FAFBB096-4371-4462-9F57-108108F28781.jpeg

9A64EB48-4C13-4F04-8689-19F8016EC02E.jpeg

AB28D701-B662-462A-921D-EF7A08C39D9D.jpeg

0CFD1371-EDD1-4A43-BA6C-F32B1781286F.jpeg

Edited by BoundForSea

On 12/7/2019 at 8:50 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Just off the Seaside.  Everything in mini bar was complimentary and was restocked as it was used.

Thank you.  Including alcohol?

I will only want some beer and diet coke.  Will they restock?
Last two years, I asked for Corona and Diet coke and it was restocked as we drank.

Thanks so much!

4 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you.  Including alcohol?

I will only want some beer and diet coke.  Will they restock?
Last two years, I asked for Corona and Diet coke and it was restocked as we drank.

Thanks so much!

Yes, beer and diet Coke. No changes on Seaside from what you experienced last year.  At lesst, no changes yet!

1 minute ago, reedprincess said:

Yes, beer and diet Coke. No changes on Seaside from what you experienced last year.  At lesst, no changes yet!

This is fabulous thank you.

BoundforSea, is Venchi still included?  It was last year when I sailed but I cannot keep track any longer.

I am sailing in February. Last year, I was able to get gelatos and chocolate martinis and drinks, without charge.
Is this still the case?

Thank you all!

18 minutes ago, js said:

This is fabulous thank you.

BoundforSea, is Venchi still included?  It was last year when I sailed but I cannot keep track any longer.

I am sailing in February. Last year, I was able to get gelatos and chocolate martinis and drinks, without charge.
Is this still the case?

Thank you all!

He did mention that Venchi was comped in his first sentence.  Hope that's still true is Feb and March!

Can also confirm today as I sit in Ocho on the balcony, the minifridge is comp and restocked as well. No changes since our sailing in June. Venchi Martinis still 11$ and comp as is the Gelato

19 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

Can also confirm today as I sit in Ocho on the balcony, the minifridge is comp and restocked as well. No changes since our sailing in June. Venchi Martinis still 11$ and comp as is the Gelato. 

The food in the rest, definitely difference in menu choices (less) and some quality issues with some dishes while others just knock it out of the park. So I think consistency is still coming together to an extent. Still a great experience. 

All in all, MSC YC is now my exclusive cruise of choice.  Ive parted ways with NCL. Thanks Frank, it was a hoot while it lasted, your Encore design, lack of detail to the interior vs previous BA class (look closely you will notice it), and Haven pricing was last nail in the coffin. After stepping off Encore three weeks ago and stepping on SS in YC again this week, you ruly realize the beauty and magnificance MSC invests into the experience and vessels for us the guests, not investing solely for profits for bean counters and investors. Really even more excited with Ocean Cay coming up Friday looks outstanding!!! 

Booked 4 more times and adding a 5th through 2021. My home away from home. 

I just wanted to kind of put the finishes on this thread. Lots of concern for nothing. Truly. 

**Note: Mini Fridge doesnt come with champers or strawberries, we put ours in there, and theres a few items consumed as its mid day. 

1A971476-87C1-4E04-907B-27E3C6C11318.jpeg

E039EA5C-1876-4221-A8D0-AD02BBEC2CED.jpeg

68C55B9B-BBFF-4962-BF04-3A971F52BBC4.jpeg

13B4E852-6E51-4193-9438-37A4FCF1E5B0.jpeg

AB85043B-D27B-4E1E-AA0A-F8616C00D5A1.jpeg

FAFBB096-4371-4462-9F57-108108F28781.jpeg

9A64EB48-4C13-4F04-8689-19F8016EC02E.jpeg

AB28D701-B662-462A-921D-EF7A08C39D9D.jpeg

0CFD1371-EDD1-4A43-BA6C-F32B1781286F.jpeg

I see another one tired of NCL antics, for your convenience, of course.

Plus likelihood of making private island much better than NCL with skips due to weather.

20 hours ago, JAGR said:

He did mention that Venchi was comped in his first sentence.  Hope that's still true is Feb and March!

Can also confirm today as I sit in Ocho on the balcony, the minifridge is comp and restocked as well. No changes since our sailing in June. Venchi Martinis still 11$ and comp as is the Gelato

Thank you. I saw it but was hoping I wasn't mistaken LOL

Are you saying we are now paying for Venchi drinks?

1 hour ago, js said:

Thank you. I saw it but was hoping I wasn't mistaken LOLAre you saying we are now paying for Venchi drinks?

________

22 hours ago, JAGR said:

JS: note that JAGR says Venchi martinis are $11 and "still comp" as is gelato. Meaning no, not paying for Venchi drinks. On Seaside.  Basically, no changes to Seaside - yet 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

JS: note that JAGR says Venchi martinis are $11 and "still comp" as is gelato. Meaning no, not paying for Venchi drinks. On Seaside.  Basically, no changes to Seaside - yet 

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, George C said:

Just want to add you can upgrade drink package for 17 a day per person and then you can order any drink in any bar with no limit, we were drinking Johnny Walker blue , 21 year old chevis regal and XO cognacs . 

Thank you.  I have thought about this but the breaker is if everyone in the cabin needs to upgrade. I would get use of this from the wine but my mom only has a 2-3 drinks a day so I do not want to upgrade if we both have to do together.

Thank you.

12 hours ago, js said:

Thank you. I saw it but was hoping I wasn't mistaken LOL

Are you saying we are now paying for Venchi drinks?

To be clear comp means complimentary therefore Venchi Martinis at 11$ are complimentary as is the gelato. Free for those following along at home.