Soda

markrph

Coke brands only and just the fountain guns for the soda package, although on occasion you may get a sympathetic bartender. But don’t count on that happening often.  

Post 4 in the thread below discusses what is in the guns.

Edited by cherylandtk
  • Like 1

Package is just fountain soda and is basically limited to Coke Diet Coke and Sprite. There are additional flavors available when you purchase canned soda, cost $2.36 including the gratuity. You can bring on as much soda as you like on boarding and at ports of call. This is what we do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseformel said:

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if you bring your own soda onboard, can you bring a can into the dining room?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, cruiseformel said:

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if you bring your own soda onboard, can you bring a can into the dining room?

Thanks!

Yes you can I seed people do it all the time. 
Tony

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, markrph said:

Hi-- does Princess ( Regal Princess) have Coke or Pepsi products?  Is it just fountain soda if you buy the package, or can you requests cans also?? Diet Coke or Coke Zero or Diet Pepsi? Thanks

Carnival is switching from Coke to Pepsi in January. Pepsi also have the free style machines. Will Carnival use them? Who knows. It is also said that Princess will switch. I do like all the choices that Pepsi makes which would be available from the free style machines.

36 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Carnival is switching from Coke to Pepsi in January. Pepsi also have the free style machines. Will Carnival use them? Who knows. It is also said that Princess will switch. I do like all the choices that Pepsi makes which would be available from the free style machines.

A little clarification:  Carnival Corporation owns Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruise Lines, Holland America Cruise Lines, as well as others.

Carnival Cruise Lines is switching to Pepsi products in January.

There have been no announcements that Princess Cruise Lines (or any other of the Carnival Corporation lines) will be switching.

4 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

A little clarification:  Carnival Corporation owns Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruise Lines, Holland America Cruise Lines, as well as others.

There have been no announcements that Princess Cruise Lines (or any other of the Carnival Corporation lines) will be switching.

A little more clarification:  The press release spoke of Pepsi for Carnival (brand) North America cruises.  The simple fact is that Pepsi isn't as worldwide as Coca Cola.

21 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Correct! There has beed no actual notification of any other cruise line other than Carnival. Princess MIGHT switch also. GOOGLE Will Princess switch to Pepsi. Nothing positive at all that I can find. Even though Carnival owns Princess, they do not actually control Princess. You can easily find that out by calling Princess. When I asked them why they do not do what Carnival does the reply was. We do what we want. I was told flat out. Carnival has nothing to do with our operations. They own us but we are completely separate. I would think that goes for all the other lines Carnival owns.

Thank you to the recent posters, clarifying and distinguishing Carnival Corp from Carnival Line.  Much relief for this Diet Coke aficionado.  I had purchased the Premium Beverage Package for my next cruise, and shuddered at the thought of having to cart a case of DC along with my luggage.

On 11/18/2019 at 12:32 PM, twodaywonder said:

I believe the free style machines are Coke . . . not Pepsi.

1 hour ago, screamingreen said:

I believe the free style machines are Coke . . . not Pepsi.

No indication that once carnival switches to Pepsi that they will have the Pepsi free style machines which Pepsi DOES have. Just a note. I received a call today from Princess and they told me the new Sky Princess will have Coke fountain at the bars for the soda package and no free style machines at this time.

2 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

No indication that once carnival switches to Pepsi that they will have the Pepsi free style machines which Pepsi DOES have. Just a note. I received a call today from Princess and they told me the new Sky Princess will have Coke fountain at the bars for the soda package and no free style machines at this time.

By that do you think they mean that pop from the guns at bars?  Or is there some other dispensing option?

On 11/18/2019 at 3:10 PM, Shmoo here said:

Certainly hope Princess will Not switch to Pepsi.  

On 11/19/2019 at 7:06 PM, Redwing55 said:

By that do you think they mean that pop from the guns at bars?  Or is there some other dispensing option?

This device is actually called a fountain.

This just continues Princess' race for the bottom.

soda-fountain-563b.JPG

On 11/26/2019 at 11:56 AM, OCruisers said:

Certainly hope Princess will Not switch to Pepsi.  

I hope not too. I don't cruise NCL because they switched to Pepsi.  I'm not sure I would stop cruising Princess but I guess I would save money by not purchasing the soda package. But then I would have to haul on my own soda,ugh.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 8:15 PM, pablo222 said:

This device is actually called a fountain.

This just continues Princess' race for the bottom.

soda-fountain-563b.JPG

I guess you have some issues with Princess.  But a gun is a common term for liquid dispensers at most bars.   So, I'm missing your point.. whatever it may be.

TIA