Did you book during the "4-perks included" Veterans Day Sale? Check your balance due.

bhughey

17 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Is it possible the 2nd invoice has a line item for gratuities or something that hasn't had the matching credit applied?  That sometimes happens. 

Likely that's what happened. It's all to do with accounting.

Had the same issue here where what was showing on my reservation in my Celebrity Account as balance due did not match the invoice via email that I received after getting the new offer added to my reservation. The invoice was correct but the balance due shown for my reservation in my Celebrity Account was higher. There was a line item adding the difference as Pre-Paid Gratuities. Called Captain’s Club a couple of days ago and was told they are still trying to catch up with the correct discount codes and the balance due should be corrected soon.

Looked today and, while there is still a line item for pre-paid gratuities, the cruise totals have been adjusted to the correct amount due. I had the new promo added to my reservation on 11/7 and the accounting finally caught up today. So give it a few days to let them get caught up and then give them a call if things haven’t worked their way out.

Edited to add: OP... After re-reading, my situation is not really the same as yours. In my case I wasn’t super worried because my invoice was correct and that is my “contract” with celebrity. It was just my reservation totals in My Celebrity account didn’t match. If your invoice that was emailed is wrong, I think I would really push to get that corrected while things are still fresh. Otherwise, I’m just not sure what proof you would have as to what you booked down the road. Just my 2 cents...

Edited by SeasideMemories
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, YMLM4 said:

Where do I find the balance for my cruise on the Celebrity website? I got the Veteran's Day Sale Perks and received an updated 

invoice via email but I can't find the info on my Celebrity Account.

TIA!

Login to your Celebrity Account and you should see your reservation. On the far right you will see a link for Manage My Reservation... Click that. Then over to the left hand side you should see a link to Reservation Details. Click that. From there you should see some of your details such as Cabin Selection, Dining Time, Onboard Credit, Cruise Price and Balance Due... What you will not see, from what I can tell, is what your perks are. That would come from your emailed invoice from Celebrity. Hope this helps.

I found the reservation details but only the cabin number and dining time are listed.

Nothing else is showing except Add-Ons. I thought maybe it was because I was on my iPad but it’s the same on the desktop.

23 hours ago, bhughey said:

Same - and we did so in this instance as well, but after hanging up the phone, I received the new invoice with the higher price. This has never happened to me before so felt compelled to call and confirm it was a typical X - IT "oopsie". Of course, that resulted in 50 minutes of my life I'll never get back..........

Oh sorry I missed that when I read your post.

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Oh sorry I missed that when I read your post.

I also have the 4 free perks on my May 2020 Med cruise. Yesterday noticed a charge for gratuities and was told they will drop off in less than a week. I'm wondering if there will be a further sale for black Friday 

14 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

My understanding is that the grats will have been factored in the 4 perks offer, certainly not charged 'extra' per day on board.

They removed the charge for gratuities from my invoice yesterday. She just entered the code for it said the system would have picked it up in a couple of days. 

On 11/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, joelmarj said:

Yep, I’m said friend and they said it would come off at final payment.  I guess my only concern is that is not until next year and I would hate for the story to change then  It does sound like others here have seen it happen and resolved so I’m hoping for the best.   I must say that Celebrity would save an awful lot of money they spend in customer service if they could get their IT team to be more efficient.  How many excess calls fo they get because of issues like this.  

You shouldn't wait until final payment, do it now.  Call and speak to a supervisor, I did.

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

I don’t see anything on the invoice showing $14 per day added for the drink package. Maybe it is buried in the price somewhere. I just don’t want it added daily while we are cruising. That would mess with my OBC!  

$14pppd is just for a classic beverage package. Not for premium beverage package. The 4 perks that come as part of the Veterans Day sale is the premium beverage package 

My perhaps unreasonable fear is that ( while we got the 4 perks... with premium package for only $440 more than a no frills NR fare) they will charge us some $25+/pp/day 'premium fee' once we are onboard. I will go nuclear if that happens.. 

6 minutes ago, kearney said:

My perhaps unreasonable fear is that ( while we got the 4 perks... with premium package for only $440 more than a no frills NR fare) they will charge us some $25+/pp/day 'premium fee' once we are onboard. I will go nuclear if that happens.. 

Why $25+pppd? And not $14+ or $18.33+?

Seems like a very easy chargeback, if it ever had to come to that (plenty of steps before that near last resort), if a cruise company want to charge more than the invoiced amount at the time of booking (where the invoice included everything that you had booked)