Cruise Critic website problem. Error code: 2S136/J

Sorry, there is a problem

There are no unread content items.

Error code: 2S136/J

Whenever I click on "next unread topic" and there is no next unread topic I get the above error. This is only on the main Crystal board, not on the Symphony roll call board which works properly. It started with the new Cruise Critic website, went away after a couple of months and then came back again. It's very irritating so I hope it can be fixed (again).

Edited by TER777

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

Is this the only topic on Cruise Critic to not get a single response? Does no one else suffer from this disfunction? Moderators, can’t you please get it fixed?

I’ve never used that function (next unread topic). I always use “go to topic listing”, b/c I only read the ones that interest me. E.g., I’m not interested in anything regarding Singapore or other Far East destinations.

It is doing the same to me, so far only on the Crystal board and not on a couple of others where I have also read all the old posts.  I did not see it as a huge problem, but agree it would be nice if they fixed it.  They should not show the arrow to go to "Next Unread Topic" if there isn't one, instead of the error message after you click it.

1 hour ago, RLMSLL said:

What browsers / devices have the issue?

I am using Microsoft Edge.  It only happens when all the topics in the entire board have been marked as "Read."  I have 3 boards in that status, and it only happens on the Crystal one.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:35 PM, TER777 said:

Whenever I click on "next unread topic" and there is no next unread topic I get the above error. This is only on the main Crystal board, not on the Symphony roll call board which works properly. It started with the new Cruise Critic website, went away after a couple of months and then came back again. It's very irritating so I hope it can be fixed (again).

Tracie, It's working the same way for me, but can I ask.........if you have already read all the content items why do you want/need to click the "next unread topic" arrow?  When there were still topics I hadn't read, the next unread topic arrow took me to them.  After I read all them I got the message above, which is that there are no more unread topics. Am I misunderstanding your question?

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
added

Normally the "Next Unread Topic" arrow should not be there, and then you would know that you have read everything, and would be unable to click it or get an error message.  If you don't click it (or go back to the topic listing), you don't really know if someone posted something while you were reading the last topic.  All it causes is one unnecessary click to the error message, when otherwise you would just go somewhere else.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:35 PM, TER777 said:

What browser are you using?  

On 11/13/2019 at 12:35 PM, TER777 said:

I can't duplicate it on the main Crystal forum with Firefox or edge., the next unread topic arrow is not there after marking the forum read. Are you on a ship with limited internet and reading cached messages or is this happening with reliable internet?

This problem happens if a topic in that forum that you hadn't read was moved. Hit the back button on your browser to get back to the real last topic. Then click on "go to topic listing", mark the forum as read, and the problem won't recur until the next time something is moved.

Edited by gnome12

6 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

I can't duplicate it on the main Crystal forum with Firefox or edge., the next unread topic arrow is not there after marking the forum read. Are you on a ship with limited internet and reading cached messages or is this happening with reliable internet?

I get it using Safari on my I-Phone and Chrome on my Windows PC at home with reliable internet. 

5 hours ago, gnome12 said:

This problem happens if a topic in that forum that you hadn't read was moved. Hit the back button on your browser to get back to the real last topic. Then click on "go to topic listing", mark the forum as read, and the problem won't recur until the next time something is moved.

I don’t understand that, but I tried your suggested workaround and it worked. Thanks. 

46 minutes ago, TER777 said:

I don’t understand that, but I tried your suggested workaround and it worked. Thanks. 

I think the issue is that the system thinks that there is a topic with an unread post (the one that got moved) but when you hit go to next topic it can't find it, and it gives you an error.

10 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I think the issue is that the system thinks that there is a topic with an unread post (the one that got moved) but when you hit go to next topic it can't find it, and it gives you an error.

Wow!  Thanks for this.  I could not figure out even how to recreate the problem.  Appreciate the help