IV Guarantee on the Edge..anyone booked one?

PTC DAWG

13 minutes ago, mcolem2v said:

My wife and I booked a Deluxe oceanview for 3.29.20, but we were able to change to a Guaranteed Aqua Class for less $600 less.

See you onboard...we are on the same cruise...

Flights from ATL to FLL appear to be mostly full, and prices are much HIGHER than last September.  Must be something going on in the area. 

Booked a concierge guarantee IV the day the Veteran's Day sale was announced (for Jan 12 Edge cruise). Room was assigned in about 3-4 days. Right underneath the magic carpet and next to the suite room that juts out. 😞I can't argue with saving about $700 but am kind of bummed to have what seems to be one of the worst possible concierge cabins.

3 minutes ago, lalauren said:

Booked a concierge guarantee IV the day the Veteran's Day sale was announced (for Jan 12 Edge cruise). Room was assigned in about 3-4 days. Right underneath the magic carpet and next to the suite room that juts out. 😞I can't argue with saving about $700 but am kind of bummed to have what seems to be one of the worst possible concierge cabins.

If there are any cabins open within your same category, you can call and request a new cabin.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

For kicks, just checked cruise planner, and the room is assigned..deck 7.  

Congratulations if you dont like the location you can change within the category or like I've done ask to be put back into guarantee pool. I scored a great cabin that way.

1 hour ago, lalauren said:

I would also say that you should try to move. The worst thing about those cabins is that the S3 suites have a window in their balconies that will look out to your cabin (except on 12) - see bottom picture below. I looked and you were assigned C3 most likely and there are some available on 11 toward the aft. The two closest ones to the aft elevators are connected cabins. If that bothers you, you could take 11259 (bed by bath) or 11261 (bed by balcony), but have a longer walk to elevator. I would probably take 11259 since it has a firewall so quieter.

image.png.b26dd8a6bc1b95aed8ed796997309d86.png

This is looking out one of those S3 balcony windows toward those nearby IV's (on a rainy day).

image.thumb.png.d95207924d42e13667cf674568e408bf.png

Edited by vtcruising

2 hours ago, lalauren said:

Hope you can change it.

I also booked a CC guarantee on Edge and was almost immediately assigned 11225.  Since I haven't completed my research on Edge cabins yet, I have no idea what I got.  Would appreciate any feedback because there are plenty of other cabins available. 

5 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

Hope you can change it.

I also booked a CC guarantee on Edge and was almost immediately assigned 11225.  Since I haven't completed my research on Edge cabins yet, I have no idea what I got.  Would appreciate any feedback because there are plenty of other cabins available. 

11225 is in a pretty good location in that it is high up and near the elevators. It is two cabins down from a bump out so may have a little obstruction of view to right (not much). It is a connected cabin, with a door inside the cabin (right near the entrance so not in living area) connecting it to 11227. It looks like the bed is near the veranda.

People haven't complained much about connecting cabins on the Edge - it is two doors (one in each cabin).  I have read about a couple of people saying they heard some noise in the next cabin, but the majority mentioned that they didn't hear noise in the connecting cabin.  Which date are you sailing? Maybe there are better C3's for that sailing, but yours is quite good.

image.png.089e5ad121ad365e9c290356fff77174.png

7 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

11225 is in a pretty good location in that it is high up and near the elevators. It is two cabins down from a bump out so may have a little obstruction of view to right (not much). It is a connected cabin, with a door inside the cabin (right near the entrance so not in living area) connecting it to 11227. It looks like the bed is near the veranda.

People haven't complained much about connecting cabins on the Edge - it is two doors (one in each cabin).  I have read about a couple of people saying they heard some noise in the next cabin, but the majority mentioned that they didn't hear noise in the connecting cabin.  Which date are you sailing? Maybe there are better C3's for that sailing, but yours is quite good.

Wow... Thanks so much vtcruising!.  That's great information.   The difference in price was pretty significant so I went with the CC Guarantee and I'm pretty happy with a mid-ship location.  The cruise is Eastern Caribbean, March 22, 2020.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

Wow... Thanks so much vtcruising!.  That's great information.   The difference in price was pretty significant so I went with the CC Guarantee and I'm pretty happy with a mid-ship location.  The cruise is Eastern Caribbean, March 22, 2020.

That is the closest available C3 to midship (except for the ones next to the S3's, which I really wouldn't recommend). If you wanted a non-connecting cabin, the closest would be 11242 on the starboard side or 11249 on port side. All of those aft C3 cabins are good - it just boils down to what is most important to you if you want bed by bath or veranda, closer to elevators or a non-connected cabin.  🙂

Edited by vtcruising

An update, as promised. I contacted my travel agent and she was able to change the not-so-great guarantee cabin (after it was assigned) to a C3 of our choice! (It took two requests and more than a week for Celebrity to make the change...but our room was still available, and I appreciate the opportunity to change.) Can't wait!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lalauren said:

An update, as promised. I contacted my travel agent and she was able to change the not-so-great guarantee cabin (after it was assigned) to a C3 of our choice! (It took two requests and more than a week for Celebrity to make the change...but our room was still available, and I appreciate the opportunity to change.) Can't wait!

That's one of the reasons why I book directly with the cruise line because your request will be handled immediately by any one of their agents. Once I booked with a TA and it took 3 calls they did not want to do it but I insisted. Glad you were successful.

I totally get that, drakes2. There are definite perks to booking directly. 

Just to be clear (so I'm not bashing anyone), my agent reached out to Celebrity right away (via email), but there was no urgency to the request, so it took a while. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 6:06 PM, drakes2 said:

Congratulations if you dont like the location you can change within the category or like I've done ask to be put back into guarantee pool. I scored a great cabin that way.

Wow, I didn't know you could ask to be put back in the guarantee pool! We have a suite guarantee booked for the 12/8/19 Edge sailing and still no cabin assignment. Good to know that if we don't like the assignment we can be put back in the pool. 

12 minutes ago, alishac said:

Wow, I didn't know you could ask to be put back in the guarantee pool! We have a suite guarantee booked for the 12/8/19 Edge sailing and still no cabin assignment. Good to know that if we don't like the assignment we can be put back in the pool. 

Since your cruise is coming up very shortly there may not be much availability in your cabin category. It's been a couple years since I booked a GTY and possibly the rules may have changed but at the time there was only 1 verandah left on deck 6 and it was obstructed so when it got assigned agent said I'll put you back into pool. Next day that cabin was sold and I got a non obstructed on deck 7.  It doesn't hurt to ask. 

• Like 1