Haven’t heard from genie. Sailing in 12 days. Should I be concerned?

I am sailing on Symphony on November 30th. I won my RoyalUp bid and went from a grand suite to a star loft. I was upgraded a couple of weeks ago. I got my pre cruise survey but I have not heard from a genie. I am not demanding but I would like to make sure my meals and shows are planned. I have been star class once before and I remember communicating with the genie several weeks out. I’m sure my upgrade is slowing the process. Not sure what to do or at what point to reach out. 

42 minutes ago, CruisingHusker said:

I couldn’t stand it anymore and I emailed the suite concierges. We will see if that makes a difference. 

It isn't a bad idea at all.  It just guarantees that things get moving sooner than later, and helps to relieve any possible anxiety. 

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It isn't a bad idea at all.  It just guarantees that things get moving sooner than later, and helps to relieve any possible anxiety. 

Thanks, Andrew. I’m excited to be staying in “your” room after following your Symphony review. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We also are doing a Royal up bid for our Jan cruise- did you bid low, med or high level?  I do not think we will get a move up as their appears to only one 2 bedroom aqua suite left.

I think my bid was on the weak side. Minimum was $1700 pp. I bid $1860pp. Found out I got it about 3 1/2 weeks before the cruise. 

17 minutes ago, CruisingHusker said:

I think my bid was on the weak side. Minimum was $1700 pp. I bid $1860pp. Found out I got it about 3 1/2 weeks before the cruise. 

We did a similar level bid-  We are currently in a CLS.  Hopefully we will hear in the next few weeks- however we love the crown loft suite- so I am thrilled regardless.  But would like to experience the royal genie and the other perks!

15 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We did a similar level bid-  We are currently in a CLS.  Hopefully we will hear in the next few weeks- however we love the crown loft suite- so I am thrilled regardless.  But would like to experience the royal genie and the other perks!

My last star class suite was a 2 bedroom aqua theater suite on deck 8 on Harmony. It was life changing for me. I would be willing to bid higher on that room but there are only 2 of us this time. 

I finally heard from our genie, Sunil. I have read that his pre cruise communication isn’t the best but he’s amazing on board. I hope that’s the case. I’m glad I reached out and didn’t wait for him to contact me. That might not have happened. I can relax now!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruisingHusker said:

I finally heard from our genie, Sunil. I have read that his pre cruise communication isn’t the best but he’s amazing on board. I hope that’s the case. I’m glad I reached out and didn’t wait for him to contact me. That might not have happened. I can relax now!!

Pre cruise communication is a big part of their service in my opinion. I would be dissapointed 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruisingHusker said:

Sunil was amazing on board and with pre-cruise communication for us. While on board we communicated with him in person, by FB Messenger and lastly by phone. I’d gladly have Sunil as our Genie again any day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruisingHusker said:

I agree with what you have heard.  Sunil was our genie on Ovation.  We did not hear much from him pre-cruise (but this was also due to Royal not being sure whether the Royal Suite Class programme would apply on our sailing which was out of Singapore and not China and he told us he was all set for vacation until a couple of weeks out!) but onboard he was amazing.  My kids loved him.  We bumped into him again when we were on Symphony (we had a different genie) and he was still always going around trying to give his guests the best possible cruise experience.  I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!

• Like 2

On 11/25/2019 at 7:26 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Sunil was amazing on board and with pre-cruise communication for us. While on board we communicated with him in person, by FB Messenger and lastly by phone. I’d gladly have Sunil as our Genie again any day. 

Andrew, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that so far Sunil is amazing. He couldn’t be any better. I mentioned you and he had nothing but wonderful things to say about you and Lisa. He said you even emailed on Thanksgiving. That’s really special. And suite 1724 is awesome. We are loving the giant balcony. Thanks for the reassurance!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingHusker said:

Andrew, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that so far Sunil is amazing. He couldn’t be any better. I mentioned you and he had nothing but wonderful things to say about you and Lisa. He said you even emailed on Thanksgiving. That’s really special. And suite 1724 is awesome. We are loving the giant balcony. Thanks for the reassurance!

cruisinghusker, enjoy “our”😉 Air BNB this week and Star Class.  Please pass our hellos onto Sunil. He should be going home for a Christmas, if all goes as planned, so I bet he is pretty excited.  We love that balcony. 

• Like 1