Some Magical questions and answers

Jamericannn

Lately there has been a lot of post with questions and answers about the Carnival Magic. Many of these answers seem to contradict each other. Seeing that I am less than 2 weeks away from cruising on her I figure out I would make this post. 

Please add all your questions here about her and I will try to get the answers to those questions when I return. I will try to include as many pics as I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's fantastic that you made this post and are willing to do this!  I'm excited to be boarding Magic for the first time on 1/18/20.  I'm curious to see HOW long the lines are - buffet, shows, comedy club.  I know to go into it with a lot of patience - but I think seeing a visual might help.  I would also really like to see how crowded the Alchemy Bar is - that's our favorite spot!  I would also love to hear your general review of the Magic.  Thank you for taking the time to do this post for everyone.  🙂  I'm really looking forward to following it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamericannn said:

Lately there has been a lot of post with questions and answers about the Carnival Magic. Many of these answers seem to contradict each other. Seeing that I am less than 2 weeks away from cruising on her I figure out I would make this post. 

Please add all your questions here about her and I will try to get the answers to those questions when I return. I will try to include as many pics as I can.

Following - we are on 3/14

• Like 1

Of course there will be contradictions in people's answers.  What contradictions are you specifically referring to?   

There are people on these boards that are answering questions that have only been on one cruise and then there are people that are very knowledgeable because they are seasoned cruisers and specifically, Carnival cruisers.  You have young people on these Boards, elderly people, singles, married, etc., and every one of these people view and interpret their journey and experiences differently.

People will read, hear, or see what they want to and can twist and turn their viewpoint until it becomes something that they are comfortable with and it then becomes their Gospel.

Questions regarding timetables, events, procedures, etc., can be found on Carnival's web site prior to boarding.  Once you are on board, read the Fun Times in your stateroom for information regarding activities on board, time schedules for all dining venues, etc.  You will find almost everything you need to know about your cruise on the web site and informational pamphlet.

Reviews offering comments on individual's likes and dislikes of food venues, entertainment, etc., are that of the individuals alone and should be regarded with a grain of salt.  

• Like 1

I will be on the Magic 12/20 for the New Years Cruise.  As I understand it, the Magic was scheduled for a refurb 9/20.  That appears to have been changed.  If you can find out the new date for the dry dock and what they might be doing, that woukd be great.  Thank you.

11 hours ago, Sue Goodreds said:

I think it's fantastic that you made this post and are willing to do this!  I'm excited to be boarding Magic for the first time on 1/18/20.  I'm curious to see HOW long the lines are - buffet, shows, comedy club.  I know to go into it with a lot of patience - but I think seeing a visual might help.  I would also really like to see how crowded the Alchemy Bar is - that's our favorite spot!  I would also love to hear your general review of the Magic.  Thank you for taking the time to do this post for everyone.  🙂  I'm really looking forward to following it.

We sort of recently have cruised the Magic and I was extraordinarily worried about the lines, and the only real line issue was with the buffet where the Mongolian Wok is and then the pasta station.  Otherwise, the complaints about the lines I think were a little overblown, and we sailed on a full ship 🙂 Magic is our favorite ship of all the cruise lines we've been on.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 6:36 AM, Sue Goodreds said:

Currently in Grand Turk. The lines are not very crowded except for peak hours. Things are not as bad as some people make it out to be. I will post pics later

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 6:29 PM, xitappers2bx said:

We sort of recently have cruised the Magic and I was extraordinarily worried about the lines, and the only real line issue was with the buffet where the Mongolian Wok is and then the pasta station.  Otherwise, the complaints about the lines I think were a little overblown, and we sailed on a full ship 🙂 Magic is our favorite ship of all the cruise lines we've been on.

It's all relative I guess.  We found the buffet lines often obnoxious on Magic.  I guess manageable, but annoying.  It's poorly designed and often we were having to wait behind 15+ people.  Comedy on any Carnival ship is obnoxious as well.  Get there early if you want seating.  Magic was no difference. 

Alchemy bar was rarely an issue getting a seat.  Only when there was entertainment in the venue really and even then you could generally squeeze in.

BBQ has a huge line for the first hour.  After that can walk right up.

Pizza sometimes had a line that wrapped around.  A few times we gave up and didn't even bother.

Even disembarking had a massive slow moving line.

Cruise ruining lines?  No.  But if you are used to other companies that don't have these issues, then it's certainly noticeable and not pleasant.

Edited by BNBR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 7:39 PM, BNBR said:

It's all relative I guess.  We found the buffet lines often obnoxious on Magic.  I guess manageable, but annoying.  It's poorly designed and often we were having to wait behind 15+ people.  Comedy on any Carnival ship is obnoxious as well.  Get there early if you want seating.  Magic was no difference. 

Alchemy bar was rarely an issue getting a seat.  Only when there was entertainment in the venue really and even then you could generally squeeze in.

BBQ has a huge line for the first hour.  After that can walk right up.

Pizza sometimes had a line that wrapped around.  A few times we gave up and didn't even bother.

Even disembarking had a massive slow moving line.

Cruise ruining lines?  No.  But if you are used to other companies that don't have these issues, then it's certainly noticeable and not pleasant.

The worst lines we have had on any cruise was the Breeze, but that was also our biggest ship so Im expecting the same with sister ship Magic in April.

Assuming they still ration out the bacon at the morning buffet, I saw that was an issue people werent impressed with on the Breeze compared to any other ship we have sailed.

Lido deck was always full and pools were disgustingly murky on the Breeze so also thinking this will be the same for us on the Magic as well.

We are doing our cruise for the ports, otherwise we would have chosen a smaller ship.