Enough pool deck chairs on Edge?

Jorg_

Was thinking of booking Edge for next year, but have a small question after having seen some pictures and videos of the ship:

- Is there much less pool deck chairs on Edge compared to Reflection/Equinox?

We really do like to be able to spend a couple of hours out in the sun when on a cruise, especially if it's a sea day. But by the pictures it looked like a very few pool deck chairs and so could very quick get full and over crowded.

Love to hear your comments. Thank you.

it is very hard to predict how many other sun lovers will be on your cruise, but one thing that Edge lacks is seating in the shade on the pool deck, so some people who normally might sit in the shade may be forced to shift into the sun.  On the other hand, since suites have their own sun deck, they might not choose to be on the main pool deck.

I don’t have any first hand experience yet, but have read many reviews. Most people mention they thought it was easier to find chairs than on other ships. Sitting directly next to the pool may be difficult as on any ship. The Retreat sun deck and the Rooftop Garden areas being more usable than the lawn probably pull some Traffic away from the pool.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

he Retreat sun deck and the Rooftop Garden areas being more usable than the lawn probably pull some Traffic away from the pool.

Agree - it looks like less seating to me, though I'm not sure, but it never seemed completely full as I've seen on other ships. I've wondered if the Retreat was part of the reason - RTG is a good thought too - I would much rather hang out there personally, if no wind.

Edited by vtcruising

It may be different on a Caribbean Cruise than to my Greek and TA cruise, but I always saw 100's of seats available.    Seating by the pool may be more difficult but there were always loungers available.    The question of shade often come up.    I saw lots of shaded lounger which were often under overhangs.   The only time I saw the shaded area with limited seating was on a day a rain came up and everyone ran from the open deck and settled in the protected shaded area.

The only time I saw limited seating was on a cooler rainy day and seats in the Aqua Spa Thermal pool were gobbled up early in the day.    The pool butlers were putting out little tags about removing towels if not occupied for 30 minutes.   They were also enforcing this rule.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The pool butlers were putting out little tags about removing towels if not occupied for 30 minutes.   They were also enforcing this rule.

Hi there!!!  Good  -- glad to hear it... Need to go after the "chair hogs..." We were on one cruise where one women was trying to hold on to 10 lounge chairs for family members. I called one of the pool butlers and he said she can only hold a second chair for a short period.. Needless to say she was not a happy camper... She then started arguing with him... Oh Well...😁