Favorite cruise song ?

George C

24 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Both lead singers John Kay of Steppenwolf and Rudy Martinez of ? Mark and the Mysterians were both really cool. Same laidback style. 

How many people who post on CC have ever heard of Question Mark and The Mysterians ?Its like comparing them to Electric Prunes and Ultimate Spinach😀

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

How many people who post on CC have ever heard of Question Mark and The Mysterians ?Its like comparing them to Electric Prunes and Ultimate Spinach😀

I guess just us old cool farts. "96 Tears". ✌️ Now that I think about  it John Thorogood would be part of the that laid back, cool lead singers.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, sfaaa said:

All kinds of different magic from 60's to 80's. Black Magic Woman by Santana. You Can Do Magic by America, Magical Mystery Tour by Beatles just to name a few. 

America was on two of our recent cruises including last year , had a chance to talk to them and got them to sign some albums and cd covers , this was on music charters. Saw Santana open for Dylan a few years ago. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

How many people who post on CC have ever heard of Question Mark and The Mysterians ?

The group?  No, didn't "ring a bell" in my memory.

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I guess just us old cool farts. "96 Tears"

But, their song 96 Tears?  Yes!  

I think in those years of listening to music on my GE portable radio that used a large 9 volt battery while doing some work, I didn't pay much attention to the groups that were singing.  But, the music?  Lots of great songs of that time!

56 minutes ago, George C said:

America was on two of our recent cruises including last year , had a chance to talk to them and got them to sign some albums and cd covers , this was on music charters. Saw Santana open for Dylan a few years ago. 

How about Nathaniel Rateli and the Night Sweats opening for Dylan ?

Ahhhh!  My favorite. When I was child, my family loved him!  I saw him for the first time at forest hills tennis stadium and I was hooked!!  After that, he would appear yearly at a local venue, westbury music fare. Such a wonderful performer! How about “Scarlet Ribbons?”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrammieK said:

I saw Dylan in 1965 at the forest hills tennis stadium. It was one of his first appearances with an electric guitar. Opening act....mamas & papas. 

Wish I had seen him in 60’s have seen him in every decade since about ten times , with Tom Petty a couple of times , also with Paul Simon and several others. Agree with Harry Belafonte and Jamaica Farewell , fantastic song and artist. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Are you familiar with the British group Renaissance ? 

I don't recognize the name and am not familiar with their music.  Fact is there are many songs, old and new, that I enjoy and have no idea who the artist is/was.  

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

96 Tears is a great song.Are you familiar with the British group Renaissance ? If not check them out.They have been around since the late 60’s and are one of my favorite bands.

Our bass player (in our garage band in another life) liked them, but I never did. 

16 hours ago, George C said:

Wish I had seen him in 60’s have seen him in every decade since about ten times , with Tom Petty a couple of times , also with Paul Simon and several others. Agree with Harry Belafonte and Jamaica Farewell , fantastic song and artist. 

I saw him at his very first NYC appearance in April ,1961 and then again in 1965.I saw Richie Havens in 1962,Aretha Franklin and James Brown in 1960 .

20 hours ago, GrammieK said:

I saw Dylan in 1965 at the forest hills tennis stadium. It was one of his first appearances with an electric guitar. Opening act....mamas & papas. 

Mama’s and Papa’s were originally performing as the Magic Cyrcle .They changed their name having been influenced by the Hell’s Angels because female members were called mama’s.