Stops at San Juan cancelled for 2020/2021 season!

cube1982

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I would love a full day port stop in San Jusn.  It seems like far to many are 7 to 2 or 3 to 11.  Not a fan of either although I find the 7 to 2 marginally better. 

Agree, we have been twice where it was 7-2.  Felt like we barely got to the beach and had to turn around and come back!  I like 8-5 days in port where I can have all day at my favorite beaches.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I could say that about "gosh". Anyway moving along...we've been to SJ many times and heading there again March 2020. We've also been on a few cruises. Not to many ports in the Caribbean (east, west and western) we haven't been to before. We especially like leaving from SJ as the cruises are more port intensive. We aren't huge sea day fans. Also enjoy the day stops in SJ. 

Ditto to all of that indeed, my DS friend!  🙂   We board Vision next month, B2B2B out of SJ. 😎

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would love a full day port stop in San Jusn.  It seems like far to many are 7 to 2 or 3 to 11.  Not a fan of either although I find the 7 to 2 marginally better. 

Since we don't have to change cabins between leg one and leg two next month...that gives us plenty of time to spend the day in old town next month, since ship does not leave until 8 pm.  🙂 

• Like 1

NJ short cruise EPIC fail IMHO- first 4 night itinerary out of Bayonne and they make it a 4 night to Canada - leaving on Tuesdays! SMH... why would someone take 4 days off to go on a 4 night to Nova Scotia?? - doing a 4 night to Canada instead of what NCL and Carnival are doing which is much more attractive- 4 nighters to Bermuda -at the very least they should have done it over a weekend for a quick cruise fix to Northeast people... oh well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/3/2019 at 10:30 AM, 20165 said:

Gosh, that would be wonderful if they removed PR from the stops.  We are booked on Harmony in June 2020 and PR is one of the stops.  PR is our second least favorite stops, Nassau being first, so a sea day or another island would be wonderful.

PR would be okay if was a full day stop. The half-day don't really give you much to do.  We usually get off the ship just to stretch the legs and find some dive bar watering hole somewhere to find some local flavor you won't get wandering around the pier area.

As for those that suggest stay on the ship and treat it as a at-sea day, that isn't really a ideal option either when 1/2 the ship is shut down.

57 minutes ago, Ivy86 said:

Apparently it’s not true Royal Caribbean will still stopping in SJ port on all 2020 itineraries 

Correct. The thread title is incorrect or had a typo.

It's the unreleased 2021-2022 itineraries that may have a reduction in SJ stops from previous years.  (see post# 114 from Ourusualbeach)

On 12/3/2019 at 6:25 PM, Aviator of the Seas said:

Official letter from the boss himself:

Translation: We own the public relations high ground.  Give us the ability to influence what's happening or suffer from the loss of 900,000 tourists.  The ball is in your court.

For us, as we have done some full week trips to San Juan, as a cruise stop it's more or less been there, done that, bought the T-shirt (a day is nothing like a full week trip), and it wouldn't be upsetting to me to have another sea day or a different stop.  It sounds like our Feb. 2020 Harmony cruise will still stop there, though, and that's great as we booked an Old San Juan walking tour, something we haven't done before (previously our exploration of Old San Juan has just been on our own) and we've stayed in Old San Juan before too.  I don't know if it's just my imagination or not, but the last time we were in Old San Juan exploring on our own (did a cruise from there - not RCCL), shops at least seemed very generic vs. more unique like they had been in the past. But then I'm not someone who likes to shop anyway.   

Interesting thread.  Puerto Rico can certainly use any tourist dollars it can get.

We are doing the Harmony cruise mostly for chill out family time and the big ship.  DS for sure wants to see Coco Cay, but other than that I don't think our party really cares where we go and everyone likes sea days.