Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

Just trying to get my money's worth out of this premium plus beverage package... Taking a bottle of Veuve Clicquot back to the room... I guess they're still on the fence about this situation, but I haven't had any trouble ordering it...

IMG_20191206_195016.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Wilson!

It looks like you had a fabulous time!  Your commentary and pics did not disappoint.

The Encore is not for me (since they killed off Spice), but how are the Studio Cabins compared to other NCL Ships?  I am guessing they are similar? Are there newly installed USB Ports near bed?  TV Rotation?  Has the precariously perched/hazardous soapdish in shower been replaced??  LOL! Someone may benefit from this information..even though trivial 😲

When is your next cruise?  I need to mark it down .  Enjoy!

🙂

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Meimei 100 said:

Hi Sid,

Thanks for the review.

Would you recommend the vibe pass? With all the wind, still wondering if this is a good option?

thanks so much!!

Vibe was only really windy on the one day, and it hasn't been a problem since then. If you like a place to escape the crowds, and have bartenders that learn your name and know exactly what you want even before you order, then yes... If you're ok trying to find the best seat you can get by the pool, even if it's not the one you really want, then maybe you'd be ok without Vibe...

15 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Hi Wilson!

It looks like you had a fabulous time!  Your commentary and pics did not disappoint.

The Encore is not for me (since they killed off Spice), but how are the Studio Cabins compared to other NCL Ships?  I am guessing they are similar? Are there newly installed USB Ports near bed?  TV Rotation?  Has the precariously perched/hazardous soapdish in shower been replaced??  LOL! Someone may benefit from this information..even though trivial 😲

When is your next cruise?  I need to mark it down .  Enjoy!

🙂

Studios are exactly the same, other than the bed is slightly smaller, like the Bliss... There are USB ports by the bed. There are no color changing LED lights like breakaway and getaway. The soap dish is the same, and I even talked with Jovo the General Manager about it... He's going to look into possibly drilling a hole in the bottom of them... If that does happen, then you'll have me to thank for it, because I did insist that it was my number one gripe about all the studio cabins...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Vibe was only really windy on the one day, and it hasn't been a problem since then. If you like a place to escape the crowds, and have bartenders that learn your name and know exactly what you want even before you order, then yes... If you're ok trying to find the best seat you can get by the pool, even if it's not the one you really want, then maybe you'd be ok without Vibe...

Ahh yes, that pretty much seals it, I'm trying for Vibe passes.  That's my kinda place.

• Like 1

So, it's 8:30 on Friday night... The next to last night of the cruise... I've had probably eight, maybe nine drinks today, and I feel like I could just go to bed right now and call it a day... There are all of these people, decades older than me walking around like they're just getting started, and are going to party on into the night... I guess that if I ever make it to that age, I'm going to want to go to bed at four o'clock in the afternoon...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Studios are exactly the same, other than the bed is slightly smaller, like the Bliss... There are USB ports by the bed. There are no color changing LED lights like breakaway and getaway. The soap dish is the same, and I even talked with Jovo the General Manager about it... He's going to look into possibly drilling a hole in the bottom of them... If that does happen, then you'll have me to thank for it, because I did insist that it was my number one gripe about all the studio cabins...

You Rock!  Simple installation that Engineers smarter than us let fly.  I will be following...

🙂

• Like 1

Tortola is just beautiful. I hope to go one day. I get images of pirates and large ships with tattered sails when I look at those photos you posted leaving port. 

You have spoiled us, Sid. And I hope you have been able to truly have some “me” time between this amazing review and your generosity with “C.” You’re a good, kind man and I hope you know that. The world could certainly use more Sid’s!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, DubNHub said:

Tortola is just beautiful. I hope to go one day. I get images of pirates and large ships with tattered sails when I look at those photos you posted leaving port. 

You have spoiled us, Sid. And I hope you have been able to truly have some “me” time between this amazing review and your generosity with “C.” You’re a good, kind man and I hope you know that. The world could certainly use more Sid’s!

The world can definitely only stand one Sid...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1