Coastal Kitchen Not for Jr. Suites - Oasis

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I would remain positive. I think it took the 2018 Presidents Cruise for Royal to realize they had an issue.  It appears they are making overdue changes. Going to give them another try in October. 

What are you October plans? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

That's very helpful.    

Our next cruise will be interesting.  I had weight loss surgery a week ago today.  Losing about a pound a day.  Typical meal is about a 1/4 cup but really not hungry.  You said the W/J was especially good on Harmony.  Is it better that the other ships?  That might work better  since I'm suppose to be eating multiple small amounts.

Phew..that early out from surgery eating anywhere but the buffet was torture for me.  I'm 10 years out now and while I can eat normal amounts of food, I still can't eat throughout an entire 3 course meal.  I need all the courses served at once so I can eat a teeny bit of what I want and then get on out of there before I graze through the rest sitting there waiting.  Wouldn't change it for the world, though..surgery was the best decision I ever made.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

On that terrible night getting seated on Presidents Cruise, we were offered Wonderland but we declined. 

I wouldn't have gone there either. 

But CB inferred Pinnacles were given choice

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I would remain positive. I think it took the 2018 Presidents Cruise for Royal to realize they had an issue.  It appears they are making overdue changes. Going to give them another try in October. 

Yes, changes were made to 2019 Birthday cruise. There were also changes scheduled for the 2019 Oasis Spring TA, but it got cancelled.

As you know, we booked Star on Allure TA to stay above any craziness. But truthfully, the sailing seems pretty dead. Other than closed DL, i haven't seen any announcements about special accomodations to keep both suites and C&A folks happy

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

What are you October plans? 

October 25 Presidents Cruise out of Barcelona. We were on the Freedom President Cruise in 2017 and it was amazing. Great excursions.  We are likely to be eating in the WJ a lot. Off the ship early and back on late. We get the drink package so not a big deal for drinks. Can’t drink that NA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, changes were made to 2019 Birthday cruise. There were also changes scheduled for the 2019 Oasis Spring TA, but it got cancelled.

As you know, we booked Star on Allure TA to stay above any craziness. But truthfully, the sailing seems pretty dead. Other than closed DL, i haven't seen any announcements about special accomodations to keep both suites and C&A folks happy

So that huge beautiful DL is closed for the TA?

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Phew..that early out from surgery eating anywhere but the buffet was torture for me.  I'm 10 years out now and while I can eat normal amounts of food, I still can't eat throughout an entire 3 course meal.  I need all the courses served at once so I can eat a teeny bit of what I want and then get on out of there before I graze through the rest sitting there waiting.  Wouldn't change it for the world, though..surgery was the best decision I ever made.

I'll be about 10 months out on my next cruise.  I appreciate your insights.  It's been a week and I'm losing about a pound a day.  Next Monday I can have scrambled eggs.  Whoo, whoo.

• Like 2

We have only been cruising for 2 years. Staying with Royal for our next four cruises (will be diamond before our 12 day TA) but will be switching between RC and celebrity after that. i like Royal and right now like trying different ships but keep reading Celebrity suites might offer more.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But just speculation that it will be closed on the Eastbound TA?

Correct, but now I'm reading the lounge is still available,  but they are not using it for Happy Hour.

Best of both worlds for all those Diamonds that don't drink, but go to lounge to meet with 'like minded people' 🤣🤣

• Haha 1