Coastal Kitchen Not for Jr. Suites - Oasis

7 hours ago, tomservo said:

I have a friend currently on the Anthem in a JS, he said “Went to make reservations at 5pm the first day and the first 5 days were booked up already. We reserved for day 7 & 9.”

I guess a lot of Ps got in there ahead of them. @twangster didn't seem to have any issues last sailing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomservo said:

I have a friend currently on the Anthem in a JS, he said “Went to make reservations at 5pm the first day and the first 5 days were booked up already. We reserved for day 7 & 9.”

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I guess a lot of Ps got in there ahead of them. @twangster didn't seem to have any issues last sailing.

Yeah you need to go early to make reservations and JS probably won't get prime time slots.

Repeat cruisers have learned this like your friends have and now make it a priority upon boarding.  

Having said that your friend should drop by off peak and ask if they can fit them in.  Have them swing by at 5:30pm and ask in there is space for that night at any time.  

To work around shows I went earlier than my reservation and asked if they could squeeze me in.  They did.

There were 50 pinnacle on my sailing.  I had 7:30pm reservations nightly.

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yeah you need to go early to make reservations and JS probably won't get prime time slots.

I was on the Anthem in November in a JS and I went to make reservations as soon as we boarded, I was able to get pretty much every night at 5:30. Then again the ship was maybe half full, so that may have played a part. CK was pretty empty around 5:30.

10 minutes ago, tomservo said:

I was on the Anthem in November in a JS and I went to make reservations as soon as we boarded, I was able to get pretty much every night at 5:30. Then again the ship was maybe half full, so that may have played a part. CK was pretty empty around 5:30.

Your friend may have waited to long

8 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

We got reservations at 8 PM for all 7 nights on HM.  They treated us like royalty!!  Great experience.  I think we had about 50 Pinnacles on the sailing but I think a lot of them ate earlier.  

Most are in bed by now😉

• Haha 3

On 1/22/2020 at 9:31 AM, Tulsacoker said:

I would be shocked if you could not dine at CK each evening especially if you are flexible on time

I’ve been on one cruise where guests staying in a GS were denied access to the CK regardless of time. They were unaware that reservations were warranted prior to the cruise. 

On 12/24/2019 at 1:35 PM, island lady said:

Yes, I emailed back and asked for 5:30, but when I got there and checked with CK manager, he told me he could not do 5:30.  I could understand that, since they would not want to hold the table for half hour, and no one would be that quick to eat and be out of there by then.  He told me we could come in "late" 15 -20 minutes if we wanted.  We did that a couple of times, but ended up the rest of the week at 5 pm, except the night we went to 150 Park Ave.  

It worked out OK.  

Hope to sail with you and Sandy again soon also.  Was not the same without the two of you this time!  😞 

Happy Holidays to you both!  🙂 

We’ve always asked for 630 dinning time and has been granted. We were always seated at this time except for one week where we were never seated on time. 

58 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We’ve always asked for 630 dinning time and has been granted. We were always seated at this time except for one week where we were never seated on time. 

Same here... Now I will put that to the test on our 12 day TA on Harmony  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve been on one cruise where guests staying in a GS were denied access to the CK regardless of time. They were unaware that reservations were warranted prior to the cruise. 

You can't consider a ship with 250 Pins in this discussion without adding a disclaimer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Even with no Pins, its impossible for everyone to get 630😉

6 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

So how does P's make reservations at CK pre-cruise? 

Phone a friend😉

Or maybe the CK Mgr sees your name on the manifest, knows your preference,  and pencils you in. Just guessing.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 6:53 PM, John&LaLa said:

Therein lies the problem. 

That menu is only offered one night, no way every one eligible gets it.

This is why CK would be better if they went back to 2 really good menus vs the current offering 

John, what are the current offerings?

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

John, what are the current offerings?

I don't have access to the menus now. Will be on Harmony Next week. I could try and do a picture review showing some of the dishes, but I doubt we eat there very much. Harmony has a fabulous WJ

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't have access to the menus now. Will be on Harmony Next week. I could try and do a picture review showing some of the dishes, but I doubt we eat there very much. Harmony has a fabulous WJ

I would appreciate that.  Haven't been on RCI in a couple of years and are considering returning.  We weren't all that impressed with the Harvest/Vineyard menus on our last cruise.  It would be nice to see how that's changed.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

I have been on Celebrity many times, often in Sky Suites which are the Celebrity equivalent (in size) to Royal Caribbean Junior Suites.  On Celebrity, people in Sky Suites can take all their meals in Luminae (their Suite restaurant) and there is always enough space.  The difference is that Celebrity Zenith members are not admitted to Luminae.  Celebrity is a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean and it is about time for Royal Caribbean to follow their subsidiary's example.  If Royal Caribbean provided the same perks for Junior Suites that Celebrity provides for Sky Suites, then it would surely also charge more for Junior Suites so there is also a revenue motivation there.  It is also not a matter of there being too many Junior Suites because on a typical Royal Ship (the Oasis), 3% of the total cabins are Junior Suites while on a typical Celebrity Ship (the Solstice), 3% of the total cabins are Sky Suites. 

Edited by actuarian

20 minutes ago, actuarian said:

The difference is that Celebrity Zenith members are not admitted to Luminae.  Celebrity is a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean and it is about time for Royal Caribbean to follow their subsidiary's example. 

That there would be trying to move a mountain. I'm assuming Zenethis were never able to dine in Luminae where Pinnacles were allowed.  

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

You can't consider a ship with 250 Pins in this discussion without adding a disclaimer

5 cruises on Oasis Class. 4 great experiences in the SL/CK. All 5 had 630 dining time.

Seems as numbers increase, it will become more of an issue. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight