Coastal Kitchen Not for Jr. Suites - Oasis

34 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Just got off the Anthem on a B2B. Was in a Junior Suite for the first sailing and ate in the Coastal  Kitchen half of the nights. We had a 5 night dinner pkg so only went when we weren't enjoying Specialty Dining. The only change I noticed was that Pinnacles were not allowed to bring guest due to the large amount of Pinnacles on board. 

Bringing guests is a rarity any cruise in my experience,  but thanks for the info

12 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Apparently, you have not been lucky.  We have dined in CK many times thanks to our wonderful Pinnacle friends.

Whatever, but truth be told, since CK has existed we have either sailed Sea, Sky, or been PC

STAR is next, no need for CK dinner 

Just remembered. You 'always' sail in suites. Why would you need to be a guest🤔

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tulsacoker said:

Stop by and get a cocktail at 4 pm and see the gnashing of teeth 

The word on FB is that the nice DL is allready closed, and Blaze is full time until drydock

Not sure if that's to start tearing it apart, or are they setting it up as a Pinnacle lounge

If so, I have a ton of places to stop by

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

The word on FB is that the nice DL is allready closed, and Blaze is full time until drydock

Not sure if that's to start tearing it apart, or are they setting it up as a Pinnacle lounge

If so, I have a ton of places to stop by

Not sure i would leave the room ... have the genie deliver everything. First time having an Owners suite it felt like a shame to not have dinner delivered and enjoy the space 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Just off the Allure yesterday. Last week there were 77 Pinnacles on our sailing. The Pinnacles could only reserve 3 nights at the Coastal Kitchen for dinner.

We ate at 6:30 PM each evening. It was only busy early 2 of the 7 evenings.

Looks like Royal continues to make positive changes. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Did they restrict how many nights JS cruisers were allowed to reserve?  

3 hours ago, STANMELB said:

The Coastal Kitchen Host said there was no limit for Junior Suites.

That is good to hear -- we also eat later -- 8 PM reservations

• Like 1

18 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Just off the Allure yesterday. Last week there were 77 Pinnacles on our sailing. The Pinnacles could only reserve 3 nights at the Coastal Kitchen for dinner.

We ate at 6:30 PM each evening. It was only busy early 2 of the 7 evenings.

I have thought about this as we make Pinnacle in three weeks and will be sailing on the Anthem Transatlantic but we have booked a JS.  I have heard that sometimes CK will offer Pinnacles (Specialty Dining) on Transatlantic's if there is to much crowding.  Perhaps we will try to upgrade to a GS or OS if we get the Royal Up for this sailing.  However, we did purchase the 5 night dining pkg so perhaps not.  I do love the specialty dining but Coastal Kitchen is fabulous on the Anthem. 

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Allure leaves on her TA in 4+ weeks. I'll let everyone know whst accomodations are being made. Haven't heard anything yet.

FWIW, never been offered a specialty dinner if CK was full. Truly unlucky, I guess.  On Birthday cruise they offered us 30% discount every night as I recall

On that terrible night getting seated on Presidents Cruise, we were offered Wonderland but we declined. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I'm a little scared that i booked a Transatlantic on Harmony in 2021 

I would remain positive. I think it took the 2018 Presidents Cruise for Royal to realize they had an issue.  It appears they are making overdue changes. Going to give them another try in October. 

• Thanks 1