Port Everglades Terminal 25 covered access

finny2

Yes, the area right near the terminal is covered - BUT when you have to get to where the taxis/cars pick you up after your cruise there is a long walk on a sidewalk that is not covered.  I know because we walked through the pouring rain in January to get to a taxi.  You probably won't have an issue with a car/taxi dropping you off right in front of the terminal to board the ship but when you disembark you may have issues finding a cab right in front of the terminal as they are not allowed there.   Of course, my experience is almost a year ago so perhaps they have installed a covered walkway on that sidewalk by now. 

No covered walkway as of last week.  Very long walk from the terminal exit to the  taxi line,    We got a porter at the luggage area and we were  "greenlighted" all the way to the taxi line.....but if  the weather is poor not sure of a solution...maybe X can help????  What about a hired car that can get closer to the covered  exit???

Notes also that the ramp getting off the ship is fairly steep unless they have alt exit for wheelchair  and scooter guests..,once in the terminal there are elevators..

In reality X  made a fancy suite waiting area and hi tech upgrades,   but did almost nothing to really  improve the logistics of  this terminal,  It is limited by the location and water! And the gen boarding area is austere!

Edited by hcat

19 hours ago, finny2 said:

Does terminal 25 have covered access? I use a power wheelchair and I can’t use it in the rain. If it’s raining on embarkation can I get from a vehicle without getting wet?

19 hours ago, finny2 said:

Does terminal 25 have covered access? I use a power wheelchair and I can’t use it in the rain. If it’s raining on embarkation can I get from a vehicle without getting wet?

Is Terminal 25 only for the Edge, or, can you access other Celebrity ships? Thanks.