Soda Limit Question

Why not meet up and board with them.  Let them carry their own sodas on board.  Otherwise, no, they will not let you on board with twice your allotment, even with their boarding passes.  There would be nothing to stop them from then boarding with another 12 pack each.

• Like 1

You could try- I find that Galveston is hit-or-miss... last time I sailed from there they asked about my 1 bottle of wine, didn't even blink when I told them I had 4 cases of soda in my travel cart, for our group that was sailing together... the easiest would be if they could meet you at the port and you all board at the same time, but if not, I would go ahead and try it... but that's me.

5 hours ago, Pineapple Princess said:

Will be driving to Galveston and will bring our 2 twelve packs of soda in carry on roller bag.  Friends will be flying in day of cruise and wont be able to stop for sodas, etc.  Any possible way we can carry their drinks onboard??  I can get a copy of their boarding passes.  Thanks

have the taxi or Uber driver stop for soda, no big deal. Never been to Galveston, but some ports have stores within walking distance.

19 hours ago, Pineapple Princess said:

Will be driving to Galveston and will bring our 2 twelve packs of soda in carry on roller bag.  Friends will be flying in day of cruise and wont be able to stop for sodas, etc.  Any possible way we can carry their drinks onboard??  I can get a copy of their boarding passes.  Thanks

If you know approximately when you're friends would be arriving at the cruise terminal, maybe you could time your arrival there so you would meet up at about the same time. Then you could hand them their sodas before checking in. 

16 hours ago, coevan said:

have the taxi or Uber driver stop for soda, no big deal. Never been to Galveston, but some ports have stores within walking distance.

The airports in Galveston  (just like Orlando to Canaveral) are a long way from the port, so cab or Uber may not be doable cost wise.  Many take the shuttle the cruiseline offers.  If hiring a van, ask the driver to stop along the way and up the tip to compensate for the extra time.

Otherwise meet at the port and divvy up the soda there. Make sure they have left space for it!

I always pre arrange travel to the port and have the driver pre purchase and have in car. I tip him a little extra for doing this but it has always worked out great. I bring a near empty backpack and just load it up on the trip over. I have done it for the last time though- welcome aboard Mountain Dew!

Edited by CaneDawg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, evandbob said:

The airports in Galveston  (just like Orlando to Canaveral) are a long way from the port, so cab or Uber may not be doable cost wise.  Many take the shuttle the cruiseline offers.  If hiring a van, ask the driver to stop along the way and up the tip to compensate for the extra time.

Otherwise meet at the port and divvy up the soda there. Make sure they have left space for it!

https://www.cruzely.com/how-to-get-from-the-houston-airport-to-the-galveston-cruise-port/

actually for 2 or more Uber and Lyft are much cheaper than the shuttle as Uber is not per person and you do not have to wait for other guests to fill the shuttle