Take-Out from the Main Dining Room?

BillHoo

I was wondering if the MDR can accommodate a takeout tray?

If I wanted to eat off the MDR menu, but did not feel like sitting there, can I order a meal To Go?  then I can take back to the room and eat on the balcony.

not as such.   dessert is commonly wrapped up to go, but a full meal will not necessarily be.  you can ask, but  you may not get  it.   and i will just be covered with the domes, it won't be packed up in a take out container.

or, book a suite and get it  delivered via RS at no charge.   

4 hours ago, lakelorain said:

Yes you can.  I've done it when my husband wasn't feeling well and for my grandkids.  

I can see the dining room's allowing a dinner with a cover to be taken to a cabin when someone isn't feeling well, but it is putting an extra burden on the staff in the dining to ask for that just because you feel like it.  JMO.

40 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I can see the dining room's allowing a dinner with a cover to be taken to a cabin when someone isn't feeling well, but it is putting an extra burden on the staff in the dining to ask for that just because you feel like it.  JMO.

I agree.  I've seen others take food back for later or to give to their storeroom attendant.  

9 minutes ago, lakelorain said:

I agree.  I've seen others take food back for later or to give to their storeroom attendant.  

Why?  The stewards do get to eat.  I've never seen anyone take food back to their steward.  And, yes you can ask to take your meal or part of it with you.

Edited by BND

You can definitely take food out of the MDR. We've done it many times. Sometimes for kids who were in AO and other times if someone doesn't feel well.  Last year, when the Head Waiter noticed that my father-in-law did not come to the MDR he took out his phone and called my father-in-law, asked him what he wanted for dinner and sent the food to the cabin.  

36 minutes ago, BND said:

Why?  The stewards do get to eat.  I've never seen anyone take food back to their steward.  And, yes you can ask to take your meal or part of it with you.

I don't agree with taking food to your stateroom attendant but I've seen others do it.

59 minutes ago, BND said:

Stewards don’t get to eat the same quality of food as served in the MDR. I know a few people who bring food to crew members. Especially on lobster night. 🤭

I’ve always brought treats back for my steward.  Cookies mainly.  
I always have a bag stashed in my room of extra cookies from the buffet.  

ziplock bags are your friends on a cruise.   Lol