Specialty Dining offered in Princess sale

TwoCruisers

When I booked my cruise under the “3 for Free” sale Princess additionally offered free specialty dining. I now see the current sale is also offering free specialty dining. What are the chances that Princess will give away more spots in specialty dining than there is room for? I was hoping to go to specialty dining a couple of times on my upcoming 14 day cruise on the Crown Princess.

I will try to sign up for a couple of nights as soon as I get on the ship.

I'd check the terms, I believe it's one specialty dining, and they provide you the day and time of it. 

From what I understand, you could request it changed when you get on board.

I'd check your pricing between the two options, and see which of the two perks make more sense to you.

Generally the free specialty dining is set for the first night as that is when the specialty restaurants are often the least busy.   You can try to change, but that is up to their discretion and obviously to how busy they expect to be on other nights 

1 hour ago, TwoCruisers said:

When I booked my cruise under the “3 for Free” sale Princess additionally offered free specialty dining. I now see the current sale is also offering free specialty dining. What are the chances that Princess will give away more spots in specialty dining than there is room for? I was hoping to go to specialty dining a couple of times on my upcoming 14 day cruise on the Crown Princess.

I booked this deal once and it’s only one dinner through the entire 15 days of my cruise. I’m honestly not too worried.

The one time we had specialty dining they did not pick the night for us, we had credit on our accounts and we made our dinner RSVP onboard and had dinner, the cover charge was already credited on our account. 

These days we prebook the days we want dinner at a Specialty dining venue, but it's not required, even for Christmas we've been able to walk in once. 

Probably tables will be available in either the Crown Grill or Sabatini's. Sabatini's on the Crown Princess is very large. You might also be able to use your comp. dining for the Crab Shack. For the comped dining you will receive a gift card in your cabin on boarding day. It may have the restaurant, day and time mentioned. Just call the dining line or visit the restaurant on boarding day afternoon if you want to change. Doubt Princess will give away more spots than there are tables. Princess' promos are capacity controlled.

23 hours ago, wheezedr said:

Generally the free specialty dining is set for the first night as that is when the specialty restaurants are often the least busy.   You can try to change, but that is up to their discretion and obviously to how busy they expect to be on other nights 

I believe the dinner offered is for any night unlike the BOGO Specialty coupon which is only for the first night.

On the Crown they won't let you change that to other nights. 

You should be fine ... but you may have to be flexible with the date and time.  There is usually space available while you are in port.  They may only offer you a 5 PM dining time, but you should be able to make reservations for one of the dates you are onboard.  Be sure to make your reservation on the embarkation day.  

• 2 weeks later...

Great question! We booked a full suite on the Sky Princess ( so we have the specialty dining experience comped on embarkation day) AND we also have a second specialty dining experience comped, also on embarkation day, as a result of the promotion under which we booked the cruise. Anyone think Princess might accommodate a request to move one of these comped specialty dining experiences to a different night?

On 12/3/2019 at 4:30 PM, TwoCruisers said:

We have just got off Grand and the food was fantastic in the main Restaurants so I wouldn't be to concerned and pick another benefit.

On RCCL we go to speciality restaurants half the time but on Grand we never went once.