Specialty dining question

matymil

21 hours ago, JaxsMama said:

I would think if your kid is ordering food you are paying. 

Hes only going to be 16 months so we would probably not order him a meal. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't like an age restriction

11 hours ago, matymil said:

But thank you for being concerned enough to tell me what to do with my family

You can and should bring your child to the steakhouse if you would like to eat there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coevan said:

you honestly think the Steakhouse is a venue for a 16 month old? 

Absolutely.  Kids are always at specialty dining restaurants on cruise ships.  Not sure why that offends you.  Switch over to Virgin.

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, coevan said:

no they are not, kids maybe, infants not so much

Nice edit.  Being that they have a kids menu and all.....  Any restaurant that is fine for kids is fine for toddler.  16 months is a toddler, not an infant.  And at that age they can regular food, like, what is on the kids menu.  So yeah, take kids to the Steakhouse if you want to. It's a family restaurant.

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:05 PM, BNBR said:

Nice edit.  Being that they have a kids menu and all.....  Any restaurant that is fine for kids is fine for toddler.  16 months is a toddler, not an infant.  And at that age they can regular food, like, what is on the kids menu.  So yeah, take kids to the Steakhouse if you want to. It's a family restaurant.

Thank you, here is an article from the CDC that backs your statement. We already purchased OUR TICKETS for the dinning. Thanks for all the constructive feedback.

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/childdevelopment/positiveparenting/infants.html 

Edited by matymil

Just now, manmachine said:

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

I love how we’re comparing a restaurant on a Carnival ship to an actual upscale steakhouse as if the $38 fee somehow turns it into an upscale restaurant. If someone wants to take their kids with them, there’s no reason they shouldn’t as there are no rules set forth by Carnival saying such. Some cruise lines, such as Disney, have minimum ages for their specialty restaurants and I think Virgin has minimum ages to even cruise.

Just FWIW before anyone throws this at me, I am not a fan of any kids regardless of age.

• Like 2

As long as the kid is well behaved   we take them  We also go early     Its a great learning experince.     We took the Grand daughter at her first at 18 months.    She did good.  We were also the only people in there       Just off the last cruise and 6,6, and 13 again they did good.   and again we were the only ones in there.