JS Oasis 14626?

Hey all

Back with a question about Oasis JS 14626. I've searched and only found stock photos and was hoping someone might have photos and/or videos? It doesn't say that there is a Pullman available which would be disappointing but sometimes there is one and it's not listed? *She asks fingers crossed*

I've read it's below the pool area which can be very noisy. Yes? 

Edited by CruisingMomma88
Error

So frustrating! DH spoke to RCCL agent directly for 2 hours+ and they insisted that Pullman was guaranteed even though we had to go with them choosing our cabin due (guaranteed JS) to late booking. Apparently that was the only option available. So we get the cabin number today and here we are. Grrrr....ship is full too from what we've been told. Anyone make a suggestion? Worth it to call and see? 

Edited by CruisingMomma88
Ereo

I may be wrong, but I don't think any JS has a pullman.  Only pull out couches. And it may be a "fold down" couch, where the back folds down to make the bed.  If it's only 1 person that won't be a big deal at all.  And I agree, any cabin under the pool deck you may hear the scraping of chairs, etc. 

Download a free standalone (i.e., non-streaming) white noise app for your phone. It is a lot easier to get used to a constant level of a little noise than to sporadic out-of-place noises. We use White Noise Lite, or just a 6" electric fan. The cabins are so quiet that without some consistent noise I would go crazy with tiny creaking sounds or a voice in the hall.

I’ll be in this cabin sailing on Dec 29th!  I am also concerned about noise and always avoid decks below public areas but we wanted 3 Junior Suites in a row and this was our only option.  I read on one of the threads that they added more sound protection to this deck as part of the recent dry dock but would love to hear from recent cruisers.  I’ll bring earplugs and look into the white noise app idea.

What date do you sail?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, LisaDee said:

I’ll be in this cabin sailing on Dec 29th!  I am also concerned about noise and always avoid decks below public areas but we wanted 3 Junior Suites in a row and this was our only option.  I read on one of the threads that they added more sound protection to this deck as part of the recent dry dock but would love to hear from recent cruisers.  I’ll bring earplugs and look into the white noise app idea.

What date do you sail?

Hey there...you're on now and I'm hoping you'll have better luck than we did. The noise is pretty noticable in that cabin IMO. We still managed to have a great time but I wouldn't pick this as a priority next cruise. Hopefully they left the lovely Green room divider curtain for you. 🙂 We requested it and they were great about it. If Tyron is the room attendant then you'll be pleased. He's quite nice and makes great towel creatures! Enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 8:13 PM, CruisingMomma88 said:

Hey there...you're on now and I'm hoping you'll have better luck than we did. The noise is pretty noticable in that cabin IMO. We still managed to have a great time but I wouldn't pick this as a priority next cruise. Hopefully they left the lovely Green room divider curtain for you. 🙂 We requested it and they were great about it. If Tyron is the room attendant then you'll be pleased. He's quite nice and makes great towel creatures! Enjoy.

Hi, I'm finally getting back to CC after a great cruise followed by a return to "real" life of work and other responsibilities.  

Yes Tyron was our room steward.  He kept our cabin spotless.  I really don't feel the need for twice a day cleaning so I put the "do not disturb" magnet on the door most days and only took it off when going to dinner.  We DID have the green room divider but didn't use it.  Did other rooms not have it?  We had 3 Junior Suites in a row and I didn't notice the others being different.

We could hear occasional noise from the pool deck above us during the day, it mostly sounded like kids running but it really didn't bother me.  I never heard anything at night.  I'm a light sleeper and would have been upset to hear noise at night.  The bed was SUPER comfortable although the bottom sheets kept coming off in the middle of the night.  Why don't they use fitted bottom sheets???  I loved the closet, it was huge, more like a dressing room than just a closet.  The shower had fantastic water pressure although it was an awkwardly high step up into the tub (and I'm 5'10").  I know the tub is considered an upgrade in the JS but I'd be happier with just a regular walk in shower without the tub (our kids are teenagers, though; I get it with little ones a tub is nice).

I would have no concerns with booking these rooms in the future.  We had 14626/14630/14632 for my husband and me, our 2 teenagers and my parents.  The balcony is noticeably larger on 14632.  Having the balcony dividers opened on the 3 cabins was awesome and so convenient to check in on each other.

Happy to answer any questions about this cabin.

• Thanks 2