OASIS - URGENT HELP NEEDED - FROM CURRENT PASSENGER 12/08/19

Wonderful news! So happy for you that honest people found them and gave them to guest services. This is a lesson for all of us to keep our valuables home so that this kind of thing doesn't happen. 

This will be a Merrier Christmas for YOU!😂

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

UPDATE - MY RINGS WERE FOUND!

I just received an email stating my rings were found. They are sending them back to me via FedEx (only $9.02).

I know that the only reason I am getting them back is because of the help from the people on this board. I cannot thank you all enough, I am literally crying.

Thank you and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all 🥰

I'm so happy for you. My friend said the Genie retrieved the rings from the safe and they were taken to lost and found. They are being shipped out on Sunday.

I know that you already know this but I didn't want you to think that I forgot about you.

• Thanks 1

I left my wedding ring on the bedside table after a 1-night cruise in Halong Bay in Vietnam...on my HONEYMOON! 😳 I didn’t even realize it until we were checking into the hotel in Hanoi hours later, and I was devastated. (Just a basic platinum band so not $$, but sentimental obviously)

For some reason the cruise director had given me his card and mobile # and I got in touch with him, and the office staff shortly thereafter let me now they had it. But getting it to me was going to be an issue as we were leaving for the US the next morning and shipping was a no-go as customs would have stolen it apparently. So they found a driver who would drive the ring on the 4 hour trip (this was late afternoon already)...for US$80. DEAL!!! Pretty sure I gave him $100 and lots of positive word of mouth online for the boat company! And no help from Cruise Critic. 🤣

I think if this was left on an airplane you’d never see it again. Though I did get my wallet back from Continental Airlines at EWR once - without the cash naturally. 😅

(FWIW, these are the only two times I’ve left valuables behind! I swear!)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smplybcause said:

I don't bring really valuable/sentimental jewelry on cruises, but I've recently bought a small travel case for my jewelry. It has spots for necklaces, earrings, rings, and bracelets and is smaller than an iPad (though thicker than one) and easily fits in the safe with room to spare. It's been pretty handy so far. 

Yes, I’m getting one for Christmas... finally. I don’t bring jewelry with me, just the two rings I wear every day but my fingers swelled up and I had a heck of a time getting them off and just stupidly threw them in the safe. Lesson Learned. 😁

2 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I'm so happy for you. My friend said the Genie retrieved the rings from the safe and they were taken to lost and found. They are being shipped out on Sunday.

I know that you already know this but I didn't want you to think that I forgot about you.

I cannot thank you and your friend enough for going out of your way to help a stranger. Sincerely, thank you (and the genie!).

could you possibly get me the name of the Genie? I would like to write to RCL. 😁😁😁

Edited by Ready 2 Cruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gordiej said:

I left my wedding ring on the bedside table after a 1-night cruise in Halong Bay in Vietnam...on my HONEYMOON! 😳 I didn’t even realize it until we were checking into the hotel in Hanoi hours later, and I was devastated. (Just a basic platinum band so not $$, but sentimental obviously)

For some reason the cruise director had given me his card and mobile # and I got in touch with him, and the office staff shortly thereafter let me now they had it. But getting it to me was going to be an issue as we were leaving for the US the next morning and shipping was a no-go as customs would have stolen it apparently. So they found a driver who would drive the ring on the 4 hour trip (this was late afternoon already)...for US$80. DEAL!!! Pretty sure I gave him $100 and lots of positive word of mouth online for the boat company! And no help from Cruise Critic. 🤣

I think if this was left on an airplane you’d never see it again. Though I did get my wallet back from Continental Airlines at EWR once - without the cash naturally. 😅

(FWIW, these are the only two times I’ve left valuables behind! I swear!)

Wow! That would have been so stressful, what wonderful people. So glad for your happy ending!

My mom never takes off her wedding ring unless required for surgery or something like that. I personally can’t sleep in any jewelry because I feel too twisted up or swollen in it by morning.  I learned a while back to get a habit or sometimes after a *fun* night I wake up and go on a search. So when I travel,  I put all my daily (wedding ring, watch, etc)  jewelry in a water glass and put it in the safe every night.  Even at home I have 2 spots where I put my jewelry. Just easier for me. 

Glad you got your rings back!!  

Edited by cindivan
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, CruisingAlong4Now said:

Also, some advice.  I keep a gallon size plastic bag in the safe.  Everything goes into the plastic bag. Never directly into the safe. Then, when  I'm leaving, I just have to grab the plastic bag. No problem about leaving things in the dark safe.

Putting things into some kind of container within the safe is a great idea.  I don't travel with valuable jewelry, but still.... passports, cameras, etc... all into a plastic bag from now on.

OP --  I can only imagine how you must have felt upon realizing the absence of your rings.  I'm so happy for you that they were found and are being returned.  Merry Christmas! 🎁

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

I cannot thank you and your friend enough for going out of your way to help a stranger. Sincerely, thank you (and the genie!).

could you possibly get me the name of the Genie? I would like to write to RCL. 😁😁😁

Her name is Joyce.

• Like 1