OASIS - URGENT HELP NEEDED - FROM CURRENT PASSENGER 12/08/19

Disembarked Oasis this morning. I just finished unpacking and realized I left 2 valuable rings in our safe! We were in cabin 7318 and our steward was Anthony from India.

Would anyone be willing to check with guest services or Anthony and see if they were found and turned in?

I spoke with customer service and was advised to complete their online lost and found form. I did but I don’t really trust their process.

I would be eternally grateful if someone would help me. 

Please dm me and I can give my name, reservation number, and a description of the rings. Thank you.

p.s. I also posted this in the current sailings roll call.

38 minutes ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

Disembarked Oasis this morning. I just finished unpacking and realized I left 2 valuable rings in our safe! We were in cabin 7318 and our steward was Anthony from India.

Would anyone be willing to check with guest services or Anthony and see if they were found and turned in?

I spoke with customer service and was advised to complete their online lost and found form. I did but I don’t really trust their process.

I would be eternally grateful if someone would help me. 

Please dm me and I can give my name, reservation number, and a description of the rings. Thank you.

p.s. I also posted this in the current sailings roll call.

FYI, there is no DM function on Cruise Critic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

Thank you 😊 

I tried to pm you, but wasn't able to send it. I had to go to Guest Services for something else, so I asked about your rings.

They said they have your letter asking about your rings. Nothing has been turned in or found yet.    As I was standing there, the clerk emailed a message to housekeeping asking for another reply.  I asked for a number that would be answered and this is the phone number they gave me - 800-256-6649.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, EasyGoinGal said:

I tried to pm you, but wasn't able to send it. I had to go to Guest Services for something else, so I asked about your rings.

They said they have your letter asking about your rings. Nothing has been turned in or found yet.    As I was standing there, the clerk emailed a message to housekeeping asking for another reply.  I asked for a number that would be answered and this is the phone number they gave me - 800-256-6649.

Thank you so much! 🥰

UPDATE - MY RINGS WERE FOUND!

I just received an email stating my rings were found. They are sending them back to me via FedEx (only $9.02).

I know that the only reason I am getting them back is because of the help from the people on this board. I cannot thank you all enough, I am literally crying.

Thank you and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all 🥰

• Like 81
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

I just received an email stating my rings were found. They are sending them back to me via FedEx (only $9.02).

I know that the only reason I am getting them back is because of the help from the people on this board. I cannot thank you all enough, I am literally crying.

CC is the ONLY reason you're getting your rings back? 🙄 Maybe you should also thank the person who found the rings and turned them into Guest Services and the crew on the ship who facilitated their return to you.😇

Also, some advice.  I keep a gallon size plastic bag in the safe.  Everything goes into the plastic bag. Never directly into the safe. Then, when  I'm leaving, I just have to grab the plastic bag. No problem about leaving things in the dark safe.

Edited by CruisingAlong4Now
  • Like 13

Last year, after I got home, I got an email from Celebrity stating that they found something in our cabin. They didn't say what it was.  Email said that if I was missing an item, contact them to arrange return.  I didn't realize that i was missing a pair of shoes.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

So pleased you got them back! Cruise critic is a great thing isn’t it? 

Merry Christmas 🎄Dianne

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CruisingAlong4Now said:

I keep a gallon size plastic bag in the safe.  Everything goes into the plastic bag. Never directly into the safe. Then, when  I'm leaving, I just have to grab the plastic bag. No problem about leaving things in the dark safe.

I don't bring really valuable/sentimental jewelry on cruises, but I've recently bought a small travel case for my jewelry. It has spots for necklaces, earrings, rings, and bracelets and is smaller than an iPad (though thicker than one) and easily fits in the safe with room to spare. It's been pretty handy so far. 

• Like 1