Shower Doors or Curtains on M-Class Ships

lifeisrealygood

We have cruised on all of the M-Class and the S-Class ships over the years.  We really like the S-Class shower DOORS, and do not like the M-Class shower CURTAINS.  I have been "googling" every day, and cannot find anywhere if the curtains will be replaced by doors when these ships get "Solticized" or "Edgified".   

HELP!!!!  Does anyone know for certain that shower doors will be installed on all M-Class ships when they get redone.  

For the M-Class already "Solsticized", do the curtains remain, or have they been replaced with doors.  

• Like 1

Sailed on the updated Summit In September - M class ship.  The shower curtains were gone.  There is a rectangular shower with a glass door.  The cabins and bathrooms were completely re-done.  The S class ships have curved shower doors.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

How would you compare the two showers?

There wasn’t any change in the cabin layout, the M class bathrooms are still smaller than those on the S Class ship.  But the entire interior of the cabins have been changed.  The baths look much like the baths on the Edge and the shower, while still small, has a glass door and is much nicer.

14 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

How would you compare the two showers?

We were on Millennium in an OV stateroom.  Glass doors were added during the Edgification.    If your M-Class ship has yet to be Edgified, it will still have a shower curtain.   The shower is not as roomy as on the S-Class.  If you are a bit portly, it will be a tighter fit.  🍷

19 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Is the glass door for showers on Millenium available for all cabin categories? 

We were in a concierge cabin. 

Agree it would be a squeeze for a portly person because of the way the door opens inwards.  There’s a good size foot rail though. 

I would have liked a second shelf in the shower, as the existing one had no room for personal items. It was filled with 3 large bottles of the ship’s shampoo, body wash etc.

Cachouonacruise:

Hi! You and I were having an exchange back in February regarding the millennium reconfiguration on your C1 which would no longer accommodate 3 in a cabin. I believe we are now facing this issue on our may 2020 cruise as we are currently booked in a C1 aft triple and i believe the capacity of that c1 cabin is about to change to double capacity only.Can you please email me privately and share the outcome of what celebrity ultimately did to resolve your situation? 

Thank you,

julie 

tromvest@aol.com 

23 hours ago, tromvest said:

Cachouonacruise:

Hi! You and I were having an exchange back in February regarding the millennium reconfiguration on your C1 which would no longer accommodate 3 in a cabin. I believe we are now facing this issue on our may 2020 cruise as we are currently booked in a C1 aft triple and i believe the capacity of that c1 cabin is about to change to double capacity only.Can you please email me privately and share the outcome of what celebrity ultimately did to resolve your situation? 

Thank you,

julie 

tromvest@aol.com 

Hi Julie,

As requested, I have emailed you a detailed account of our booking saga on our Millenium Cruise.

All and all, despite a number of unplanned/unexpected situations, I am pleased to say that Celebrity treated us well, while respecting our needs/wishes, as much as possible, given the circumstances.

Good luck to you and your family for your May 2020 cruise!