Norwegian formal night?

chloebell1

Its usually the first sea day.  Some people will get dressed up but most will not since its not required.  On our last NCL cruise, we were dressed nice but not in formal dresses and suits.  The family next to us went full out.  Guys in tuxes and girls in formal dresses.  

Edited by Liljo22

23 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

He doesn't even need the button up shirt..... and shorts are acceptable.

Well, it depends on which cruise ship they are going on. Last month on the Breakaway we were turned away in the MDR for wearing shorts.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:55 AM, chloebell1 said:

Taking our first cruise on Norwegian next month. We have cruised once on both carnival and royal Caribbean. Someone told me Norwegian calls it Night Out. What night of the cruise is it, and do many people dress up? 

Dressed up is dockers and a polo shirt for gents.

All restaurants for all meals allow shorts except Le Bistro and one other restaurant which require long pants (dockers or jeans)

Edited by BirdTravels

7 hours ago, Greek Boss said:

Well, it depends on which cruise ship they are going on. Last month on the Breakaway we were turned away in the MDR for wearing shorts.

Manhattan Room or Taste/Savor? The secondary casual dining room allows shorts on all NCL ships.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:46 PM, lizord said:

Manhattan Room or Taste/Savor? The secondary casual dining room allows shorts on all NCL ships.

It was the Manhattan Room. Never had an issue with Taste/Savor but we tried it not thinking much in Manhattan and they made us change. It has happened twice now to us while wearing shorts on both the Gem and Breakaway.

On 12/11/2019 at 10:28 PM, Beer Belly said:

My understanding is that the Main Dining Room has a dress code, casual.

Your understanding is incorrect on most ships (e.g., aft dining room on all small ships, Epic and Breakaway (sometimes)). 

Edited by BirdTravels

32 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Your understanding is incorrect on most ships (e.g., aft dining room on all small ships, Epic and Breakaway (sometimes)). 

I do know that while we were on the Escape, the Manhattan Room did have a dress code of some sort, no shorts or T-Shirts I believe.