Encore boarding - where do you get your room key?

kokopelli-az

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

YOu'll get it in the terminal. You'll need it to get onboard.  MSC is/was the only one that puts them in the cabin, as far as I know anyway. 

Some of Royal's ships do the keys at the room.  On the Anthem one key is waiting on the room number plaque outside the room in an envelope, the rest are inside the room.  I think some or all of the ships in that class (Quantum class) are the same.  To board, your printed e-docs get you past security at the gangway.

2 hours ago, kokopelli-az said:

I'm sure someone has posted this on one of the reviews but I can't find anything.

When you board, do you get your room key at the counter when you check in or is it at your room?

Post #13 on the link below show what you can expect. The Encore uses two different terminals (B and C) organized by deck. Your room key is issued at the check in counter based on your deck. 

4 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

YOu'll get it in the terminal. You'll need it to get onboard.  MSC is/was the only one that puts them in the cabin, as far as I know anyway. 

They were in our cabin on RCCL Allure. 

To add to the “not just MSC” list — the Celebrity ships that have recently been “revolutionized” also use the same RFID technology that many of the RCI ships have been using for years. One key card is outside your cabin door, the others are inside.   

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Post #13 on the link below show what you can expect. The Encore uses two different terminals (B and C) organized by deck. Your room key is issued at the check in counter based on your deck.

I was actually following that thread as you were posting it and saw the different terminals.    But I was curious about the room key (the last time we were on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean the keys were at the rooms).   And we're on Deck 10 so we'll be sure to follow the signs for that deck.  Thank you so much.