Fly2fun

minnieiowa

4 hours ago, rukkian said:

If you book through a TA, you do need to go through the TA to call.  I am my sister's TA, so I called for her, and then called the TA I used, who called carnival on my behalf.

Thank you!  That’swhat thought.    

26 minutes ago, minnieiowa said:

The 11k amount came from Carnival. Round trip from Des Moines Ia to Barcelona in Oct 2020.  

From the fly2fun department?  There is certainly an anomaly here, something missing.  Look at all the posts around you.  

Edited by jimbo5544

24 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

From the fly2fun department?  There is certainly an anomaly here, something missing.  Look at all the posts around you.  

I know it. I thought he made a typo and it as supposed to be $1100 and he replied back no  I realizeDes Moines isn’t a huge hub but shouldn’t be that high 

33 minutes ago, Cruisin sun and fun said:

I am doing the Europe cruise August 30th, fly into Barcelona and out of Venice.  The cheapest price i could get on my own $1560 pp., Fly2Fun was $750 pp.  It wasn't cheaper for last years cruise out of Miami but it certainly worked for us this cruise.

How far out did you book your airfare?

2 hours ago, minnieiowa said:

The 11k amount came from Carnival. Round trip from Des Moines Ia to Barcelona in Oct 2020.  

reality check, on Expedia, Des Moines to Barelona and Venice to Des Moines on August 30 for a random 2 weeks, $1300 coach and $3300 first or business class. Not sure where you got $11,000, we have flown to Thailand first class for $4000.

3 hours ago, coevan said:

reality check, on Expedia, Des Moines to Barelona and Venice to Des Moines on August 30 for a random 2 weeks, $1300 coach and $3300 first or business class. Not sure where you got $11,000, we have flown to Thailand first class for $4000.

I know. Like I said I’ve been searching everything. Carnival came up with the $11000. To be exact  $11937  

We used Carnival to book our airfare r/t to Barcelona in May 2020.  Flights from the Quad Cities are outrageous for 5 of us so we are leaving from Chicago and spending 2 nights in Barcelona before the cruise.  When flights first started loading around June, I checked all the online search engines and airlines for Chicago based flights.  I found a minimum of $1100 pp.  Called Carnival and they found good flights for $660 pp and the return trip is a non-stop flight.  Prices dropped some a few weeks ago and I called Carnival to see if they had anything better to offer and they did not.  I am pleased with the flights and cost as is, but it was worth a try. 🙂 

Edited by pjhootch

You do have to call, unfortunately. It’s such an antiquated system, and what was really frustrating is that I knew more than both agents who “helped” me!! Their pricing was better than booking directly through the airline, but you just wanna make sure you get an agent who knows what they’re doing. 

33 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

You do have to call, unfortunately. It’s such an antiquated system, and what was really frustrating is that I knew more than both agents who “helped” me!! Their pricing was better than booking directly through the airline, but you just wanna make sure you get an agent who knows what they’re doing. 

While it is true, it is fairly labor intensive and some are better than others, we have used them many times and never had anything BUT good service and results.  Op, I would try again, how did you book?

We used it frequently until about 10 years ago.  I was travelling alone with my sons who were 4 and 6 at the time.  We were given our flights a few weeks before our cruise to find out we had a red eye for one of the segments.  I don't sleep at all on a plane.  I called and tried to get them switched and they said they could not.  It was the flight from hell because I didn't sleep at all.  Then to get my kids off the plane at 6am (4am our time) once they had fallen asleep was horrible as well then we had a second flight to take to get to Miami. 

Now my sons are 15 and 17 but it was the last time I would ever use fly2fun.  I want to choose my flights and know in advance our plans.  I was so disappointed that I was given the crappiest itinerary to get to our ship.  

Having said that, it was 10 years ago so I don't know if things have changed.  Before using the service, I would probably as questions as to what happens if you get crappy flights.  

1 hour ago, cdm289 said:

We used it frequently until about 10 years ago.  I was travelling alone with my sons who were 4 and 6 at the time.  We were given our flights a few weeks before our cruise to find out we had a red eye for one of the segments.  I don't sleep at all on a plane.  I called and tried to get them switched and they said they could not.  It was the flight from hell because I didn't sleep at all.  Then to get my kids off the plane at 6am (4am our time) once they had fallen asleep was horrible as well then we had a second flight to take to get to Miami. 

Now my sons are 15 and 17 but it was the last time I would ever use fly2fun.  I want to choose my flights and know in advance our plans.  I was so disappointed that I was given the crappiest itinerary to get to our ship.  

Having said that, it was 10 years ago so I don't know if things have changed.  Before using the service, I would probably as questions as to what happens if you get crappy flights.  

It is completely different now, you can tell the the flight number, or you can have them switch, but you can get pretty much any flight you want, they just quote it for you.

6 hours ago, cdm289 said:

You do get to choose and even your seats. 

On 12/14/2019 at 1:01 PM, jimbo5544 said:

While it is true, it is fairly labor intensive and some are better than others, we have used them many times and never had anything BUT good service and results.  Op, I would try again, how did you book?

We booked thru a TA so unfortunately he has to book the airfare too 

8 hours ago, minnieiowa said:

We booked thru a TA so unfortunately he has to book the airfare too 

This is true, but he should work on your behalf.  Tell him what others have found here and have him go back and get a require.  If nothing good, tell him to get you best prices outside of fly2fun.  We have had zero issues getting clients great pricing.

On 12/13/2019 at 1:33 PM, coevan said:

also a myth, airlines don't have nearly that much room to discount. You can check 10 different travel sites and pretty much the prices are the same. 

Believe what you will, but it was almost 50% of the prices that I was seeing if booking myself for the same airlines.  Low-cost airlines were, of course, less, but you will always believe what you will.

11 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

This is true, but he should work on your behalf.  Tell him what others have found here and have him go back and get a require.  If nothing good, tell him to get you best prices outside of fly2fun.  We have had zero issues getting clients great pricing.

He strictly does cruises.  Only way he can get us flights is through carnival.  Are you a Ta?

On 12/12/2019 at 9:22 PM, minnieiowa said:

Has anyone had any luck purchasing airfare through the Fly2fun program?  Trying to book flights for a TA cruise next year andCarnival pricing Is outrageous.  Just wondering  what experiences anyone else may have had 

We used it for a Puerto Rico cruise and the pricing was comparable.

1 hour ago, minnieiowa said:

He strictly does cruises.  Only way he can get us flights is through carnival.  Are you a Ta?

This response explains why it sounds as if your communication was through email.  I thought you were dealing with a Carnival PVP but you must have an online travel agent.  I assume you must have a group rate or something that makes it attractive to leave your booking with the TA instead of booking with Carnival directly. 

Go to Kayak and check out what flights look like for your dates and locations.   Write down the information for the flights that you would like to book and then contact your TA with the specific information.  Be aware that those lowest priced flights you find may not include seat assignment or luggage costs.  It will still give you a good idea what price range is reasonable to expect in Carnival’s response to your TA.  See what he finds from Carnival once he has that starting information to work with.

1 hour ago, pjhootch said:

This response explains why it sounds as if your communication was through email.  I thought you were dealing with a Carnival PVP but you must have an online travel agent.  I assume you must have a group rate or something that makes it attractive to leave your booking with the TA instead of booking with Carnival directly. 

Go to Kayak and check out what flights look like for your dates and locations.   Write down the information for the flights that you would like to book and then contact your TA with the specific information.  Be aware that those lowest priced flights you find may not include seat assignment or luggage costs.  It will still give you a good idea what price range is reasonable to expect in Carnival’s response to your TA.  See what he finds from Carnival once he has that starting information to work with.

Thank you!  Will give that a try. 

2 hours ago, minnieiowa said:

I am, but what you said makes no sense to me.  There is no reason that any TA cannot book you, or align for you air, either tied to or not tied to a cruise.