EZair warning

RotaryMike

We're cruising out of LA in February.  Booked flights using EZair in june, AA cancelled both of our non-stop flights  in october, we weren't notified that we were re-booked. had to spend hours trying to get flights that worked for us.    Looked at air prices two days ago, and discovered that our new return flight was cancelled .  flight still appeared on our booking summary unchanged.  Went on AA.com and checked our trip - there was a notice that a flight had changed- again no notice from princess or AA.   Star Princess is due to dock at 6:15am,  AA had rebooked us on a flight departing LAX at 6:00am.  Play it safe, check on your flights occasionally.

Edited by RotaryMike
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RotaryMike said:

We're cruising out of LA in February.  Booked flights using EZair in june, AA cancelled both of our non-stop flights  in october, we weren't notified that we were re-booked. had to spend hours trying to get flights that worked for us.    Looked at air prices two days ago, and discovered that our new return flight was cancelled .  flight still appeared on our booking summary unchanged.  Went on AA.com and checked our trip - there was a notice that a flight had changed- again no notice from princess or AA.   Star Princess is due to dock at 6:15am,  AA had rebooked us on a flight departing LAX at 6:00am.  Play it safe, check on your flights occasionally.

It is strange that your Personaliser did not have a notification. We are using EZair soon for Singapore Airline flights and one flight has a departure time 10 minutes later than when I booked. When I open my Personaliser the first page has a prominent red note over the top of the "flights" tab withe the words "flight change".

• Like 1

AA is notorious for not sending schedule updates to travel agents or the cruise line air departments, especially if those agencies do not use SABRE as their primary GDS (I think Princess is on Amadeus).  If Princess gets the update their system will reflect it.  If the airline doesn't send it over not much they can do ......

Additionally - unless you supplied, and Princess entered, your AAdvantage # at time of booking the flights (which would usually have contact info associated with the AAdvantage account such as email), AA would have no way to contact you direct unless you had physically gone to their website and entered your email address in the reservation.  Princess does not automatically forward client email addresses to 3rd party suppliers for privacy reasons.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

Great reason to login at the airline website and select their notification options.   Actual flights are out of the control of EZAir and may change.  We got a notice at 2 a.m. the morning of our flight that there were issues and our flights had changed (thanks, Delta).

Other things that can be done on the airline website may include seat selection, and entry of your personal frequent flyer club information.

Once I book on EZair and get the 6 digit identifier, I go to the airline website, log in and have the airline add it to my future flights along with notification information.  AA is good about notifying me when flights change.  I have not had any surprises but I regularly check the airline website to make sure there are no surprises.   

• Like 1

Remember: If you booked a "Flexible" ticket through EZair, Princess doesn't actually buy the ticket until about 45-days out.  If you want to purchase an upgrade to Economy Plus/Comfort direct with the airline before they are all gone, you can ask Princess to buy the ticket earlier but then it becomes a "Restricted" ticket with all the limitations and penalties required should you have to make a schedule change.

Also, once you get to the airport (or before), sign up for notifications from your airline JIC your flight is cancelled or changed.  This was a valuable asset for us as our flights and gates were changed a few times, and they showed up on my tablet and phone.

As an OCD traveler, I book flights 330 days out. That's the earliest AA posts availability. I'm used to flight changes and can't remember the last time one or the other didn't change during those 11 months. I'd forgotten to check the notification box this last time and AA ended up changing the flight number, departure time, and aircraft type on the return flight. I 'bench test' all my reservations about once a month and noticed the changes on my own. I made sure to revisit the AA site check the notification box after updating my files. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

FWIW.........

I never rely on my EZ Air booking to show updates through the personalizer, or for my TA or Princess to notify me.

Like booking direct with the airline when I check I go through the airline website not EZ Air.

Yea, I understand, but when you can get first/bus. class for $1200 and costs $8000+ on the airline website, you go through EZAir!!!  I just keep a constant watch on my booked flights almost on a daily basis.  But to be fair to Princess, I have had several minor changes to my flights recently (slight time change of 5-15 minutes, plane change and flight number change) and each time I have been sent an email by Princess and gotten the red flag of "flight changes" on my personalizer.  Also I try when possible to stay away from AA or Delta as per many ezair comments, these two airlines seem to do the cancel thing, etc. more than the others.

Pooh

15 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Yea, I understand, but when you can get first/bus. class for $1200 and costs $8000+ on the airline website, you go through EZAir!!!  I just keep a constant watch on my booked flights almost on a daily basis.  But to be fair to Princess, I have had several minor changes to my flights recently (slight time change of 5-15 minutes, plane change and flight number change) and each time I have been sent an email by Princess and gotten the red flag of "flight changes" on my personalizer.  Also I try when possible to stay away from AA or Delta as per many ezair comments, these two airlines seem to do the cancel thing, etc. more than the others.

Pooh

For sure. I book EZ Air whenever possible but I was saying when I do I don't wait for Princess to notify me of changes. Like a direct booking with the airline or an EZ Air booking I am always checking my res through the airline.

Airline cancelled my connecting flight out of Atlanta (last flight out). Princess could only offer me a red-eye @10:55pm out of LAX connecting in Atlanta the next morning (after a few hours layover). I said no and called airline, spoke to a supervisor and we were approved for the first flight out of Atlanta (that was approximately a month ago).  We will have our original flight out of LAX and spend the night in a hotel in Atlanta but that's okay as we did not want to hang around the airport in LAX until 10:55pm flight and have to travel all night. Airline was to contact Princess and give approval but don't think that happened as my EZ itinerary still listed the non existent connecting flight but my airline itinerary had the correct info.  EZ air consequently booked me on the red-eye and cancelled my existing flight without my approval.  After a few hours on the phone with Princess rep (I don't believe you can actually talk to the Air department)  I was told the flights I  had did not meet their guidelines.  On to customer service that resolved the problem and reinstated my confirmed airline reservations.  Even though you think you have everything in place, always check.  I recognize that  EZ Air is at the mercy of the airlines and their negotiated fares do have rules.

Just now, Colo Cruiser said:

For sure. I book EZ Air whenever possible but I was saying when I do I don't wait for Princess to notify me of changes. Like a direct booking with the airline I am always checking my res through the airline.

Oh, misunderstood!!    Yep, I check constantly through my confirmation numbers through the airline site too.  Every once in a while I will check on my personalizer too.  Found out one time about a slight time change(5 minutes) in a flight by going to the airline site and it took about another 5 days before it was corrected on my personalizer, but at least Princess did catch up!

Pooh

• Like 2

That’s the one downside I’ve experienced with EZ-Air. Having that middleman can create a communication issue and can cause problems when flights change. Sometimes EZ-Air handles the change, and sometimes the airline does, and both want to assign the responsibility to the other. Were you able to successfully change your flight?