Eating dinner in dining room on Alaska Cruise while in port

steve4031

We are booked on the Konigsdam.  As I reviewed the itinerary I noted that we were in Juneau from 1p.m. to 10 p.m., Skagway from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Ketchikan from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.  We selected the anytime dining plan.  Are these port times going to cause unusual crowding patterns in the dining room?

I would be surprised if they did but I could be wrong since I've never chosen Anytime dining in Alaska.

Some pax will eat a meal on shore, others take late in the day shorex, and others will likely arrive back messy, and exhausted, and choose the Lido or room service. 

I do remember that our late fixed dining was nearly empty the last time we were in Juneau.

Enjoy Alaska!

On 12/19/2019 at 2:22 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I've noticed that the MDR is less crowded on days with late departures. And sometimes I've been in the "messy and exhausted" group and opted for room service.

Do not forget - the messy people can order room service from the Main dining room menu (but check with the front desk or room service for how to do this).

10 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Do not forget - the messy people can order room service from the Main dining room menu (but check with the front desk or room service for how to do this).

Our first time in Juneau we did a tour that would get back too late for our early fixed dinner. We were in a NS, so I asked the concierge to arrange dinner for us. Had the first course on our corner aft balcony, overlooking Juneau. Then we wimped out and ate the rest inside.

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Our first time in Juneau we did a tour that would get back too late for our early fixed dinner. We were in a NS, so I asked the concierge to arrange dinner for us. Had the first course on our corner aft balcony, overlooking Juneau. Then we wimped out and ate the rest inside.

This strategy (outside) works best in warm weather ports!