First Day iFly Walkup Sign Up Question

chiguypaul

On the first day, I'd like to go on iFly without a reservation. I've read from others here that's definitely possible. My plan was to board the ship early and head straight up. Any recommendations on how early, before the "start time" for iFly I should head up to try and get a spot?

2 hours ago, chiguypaul said:

Any recommendations on how early, before the "start time" for iFly I should head up to try and get a spot?

The desk seems to open around the first reservation time, so not sure it would help to go earlier than that. You should try the app before then though. 

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The desk seems to open around the first reservation time, so not sure it would help to go earlier than that. You should try the app before then though. 

Once on board are you able to have or make multiple reservations for iFly? Or do they still only allow 1. 

and, once I attend the reservation I’ve already made, am I allowed to make another or am I only permitted to do a walk up? 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, ryanbarckley said:

Once on board are you able to have or make multiple reservations for iFly? Or do they still only allow 1. 

and, once I attend the reservation I’ve already made, am I allowed to make another or am I only permitted to do a walk up? 

You can usually only make one booking. Going on additional flights depends on the staff and the sailing (less likely on shorter sailings) but don’t count on being able to go a second time, even if space is available. 

Standby is exactly that, standby. You are counting on someone no showing and the staffing willing to accommodate last minute substitutions without delaying the session. If you don’t make it in, you need to wait and see if there are openings on the next session. 

It takes some time to get suited up before you can go int the safety briefing room. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I just returned from Anthem's 12-night Caribbean sailing. I was fortunate enough to be able to go on iFLY twice -- first time, booked pre-cruise on Day 3 in the morning, but changed it once on board the ship (at the earliest opportunity in person via the "Box Office") to Day 3 in the afternoon (to avoid a conflict with the Top Tier event).

After my first session, I went to Guest Services and was able to make a second booking for Day 11 in the morning. As luck would have it, the ship's photographers were taking pictures during this session (they weren't during my first iFLY session). We had bought the all-digital photo package pre-cruise and they took some really good photos (still waiting for the download link via email, though).

During both of my sessions, the briefing (safety/instruction video plus a quick instructor overview) was done after the weigh-in, but before suiting up.

I would not count on standby, as they seemed to discourage that.

I've ready all your replies. Thank you. Here's the specific scenario. I have a reservation on Day 2. On Day 1, I'm at the ifly desk when they open and they give me the spot. Are they going to cancel my Day 2 reservation or let me keep it because I'm just doing a walk-on for an empty spot on Day 1? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, chiguypaul said:

I've ready all your replies. Thank you. Here's the specific scenario. I have a reservation on Day 2. On Day 1, I'm at the ifly desk when they open and they give me the spot. Are they going to cancel my Day 2 reservation or let me keep it because I'm just doing a walk-on for an empty spot on Day 1? Thanks!

give it a go and let us know!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chiguypaul said:

Are they going to cancel my Day 2 reservation or let me keep it because I'm just doing a walk-on for an empty spot on Day 1?

Very likely they will move your existing booking to day 1. I don't think anyone has ever reported getting a second ride BEFORE their booked ride.

• 3 weeks later...

A question for those who have done iFly, how easy is it the first time you do it? I have booked for our Quantum cruise in Feb but a bit nervous, how high do you go (I don't like heights), do the staff hold on to you etc. I would love to hear about people's experience.

1 hour ago, kernow said:

A question for those who have done iFly, how easy is it the first time you do it? I have booked for our Quantum cruise in Feb but a bit nervous, how high do you go (I don't like heights), do the staff hold on to you etc. I would love to hear about people's experience.

You don't go very high, maybe two meters max. Whether it will be easy for you is difficult to know before hand. I've seen first timers fly like they have been doing it forever and others flailing all over. I think the important thing is to relax and follow the instructors directions. It's fun. Enjoy your flight! 👍

You're not high at all 6 to 12 feet up. Wind speed is set to about 90mpg to 100mpg. Based on weight. You won't "fly away" even if they let you go. They hold on to you most of the time unless they see your form is really good and then they will let you go and you'll just float. If they see you start veering off to the side they'll grab you. Follow the instructions. Don't do anything stupid. You'll have a great time. It's less than a minute.