Still don’t know what MUTS is showing for Jan 4?

tjcletzgo

I completely understand OP question and agree snarky comments aren’t needed. I love planning my days on the cruise in advance. I would not only like to know what movies are playing but what nights!  Then I cud plan what nights to do other activities like dancing, shows in the theatre etc. we are so busy we don’t see a lot of movies. We love MUTS and look forward to watching at least 2 or 3 on the cruise. 

• Like 2

We don't micromanage our cruises to any great degree but just like knowing in advance which movies to avoid watching at home so that they'll all be new when on the ships.

Of course it's getting more difficult each year as the movies get released even faster. 

• Like 3

This is a valid question and I’m not sure why so much sarcasm.

I also enjoy MUTS. In the past we got emails letting us know the entertainment before we boarded. My next cruise is in a week and we just received a generic email without much details. Our cruise is not a medallion cruise, so I can’t check pre-cruise. When we did know what was playing we have purposely not watched at home so that we could enjoy on the ship.

• Like 2

i worried about it on my second cruise, but then realized, it doesn't matter if i have seen it before, the benefit for me is being under the stars with a drink and some popcorn.  its the uniqueness of the activity i find enjoyable.

i have also received an email from princess with a small list of movies before.  maybe check your spam filter? 

• Like 1

The great thing about going on a cruise is that it provides something for everyone.  You don't have to enjoy everything to enjoy yourself.  Apparently movies shown on the ship is clearly not important to many who have posted here.  The fact is that my DW and I don't drink alcohol and have absolutely no interest in posts about wine and smuggling but we don't belittle those who ask questions or who wish to post  about it. If it is important to others then that is what this forum is for.  

The OP had a valid post about something that applies to their joy in cruising. If you are not a movie buff then feel free to ignore if you are not willing to help.

BTW I received an email yesterday from Princess that listed two movies that will be shown on the Jan. 13th Star.   Judy & JoJo Rabbit.  Wish they had listed more. 

• Like 3

Amen drjpreston!   Some of these responses are getting on my nerves. Some of you should just be quiet honestly. The OP asked a perfectly reasonable question.  I was curious about the same topic. If you think it's a foolish question or it doesn't interest you just ignore it! When you make sarcastic comments you sound arrogant.  Just stop. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

Amen drjpreston!   Some of these responses are getting on my nerves. Some of you should just be quiet honestly. The OP asked a perfectly reasonable question.  I was curious about the same topic. If you think it's a foolish question or it doesn't interest you just ignore it! When you make sarcastic comments you sound arrogant.  Just stop. 

I enjoy movies, and have at times taken in the MUTS offerings. I think it is a good thing to have. I do think they could be limited during the day. The S in MUTS is supposed to stand for Stars, not Sun. To me, it seems strange to be so concerned about what movies will be playing next week, or next month. It won't make or break my trip. YMMV.

8 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

To me, it seems strange to be so concerned about what movies will be playing next week, or next month. It won't make or break my trip. YMMV.

I feel the same way about those asking who the maitre'd is, or who the captain is, or what time is traditional dining in the MDR, or what time the Sanctuary opens, because I don't care one bit about any of those things.  But I just ignore those questions and read things that interest me.  

We do like to watch movies on our cruises occasionally, so knowing what movies are upcoming is of interest to us so we don't watch them at home.  

• Like 1

I am on the same January 4 Royal sailing as the OP...and I am glad she asked the question...even though I doubt that I, personally, will watch any movie on MUTS...

I just want to know EVERYTHING I can know about my cruise going in...and I appreciate any discussion about my cruise, specific or general...

AND I know that many of my cruise mates DO want to watch movies on the ship...and I like to see EVERYONE happy...

As to me and MUTS, it's not an attraction for me...At home, my cable TV subscription has HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, the Movie Channel, Starz, etc.  I can get all of these movies at home when I get back home and have plenty of time... and not have to spend any of my cruise time in front of a screen.  Besides, I have been on many a cruise where I have gone up to the top deck for a late night slice of pizza and have seen people lying under blankets, shivering, trying to watch a movie on MUTS...just not for me.  But I do understand that some others enjoy this on their cruise.  And, if I were one of those, I would certainly like to know what was going to be playing.

I DO want to know what the nightly entertainment will be (I gather from the Ocean Now app that comedian AJ Jamal is one of our entertainers)...and other aspects of the cruise.  While waiting for the cruise date to get here, all of that information helps in the anticipatory build-up...