Has anyone used a VPN on Carnival Magic?

jenalyss

27 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

You may get a reply if you tell us what a VPN is ?????

Virtual Private Network. Basically, it's a program/app that allows people to remain somewhat more anonymous on the internet and/or access things that are regionally restricted.

Lots of people use them and I'm certain many posters on here will know what one is. I'm sure there are many things you haven't heard of, but it doesn't mean that applies to everyone here.

Edited by ivanp91

9 hours ago, jenalyss said:

I know the internet package FAQ's say VPN's are not supported, has that been everyone's experience? My brother may need to log in to his work VPN.

It may well depend on the vpn.  Some are used to try and get around things like region codes so you can get to content (audio/video streaming content for example), while what your brother needs is for work.  I am guessing they block all the known ones - especially for personal use ones.  If there were vpn's that are going to get through, a standard one used for work may, but I doubt it.  

12 hours ago, MCC retired said:

You may get a reply if you tell us what a VPN is ?????

Anyone capable of answering the OP's question, not to mention others who are tech savvy enough, already know what VPN's are. I'm sure the OP knew that. Basically, if someone doesn't know what a VPN is, they're not going to be able to answer the OP's question.

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Anyone capable of answering the OP's question, not to mention others who are tech savvy enough, already know what VPN's are. I'm sure the OP knew that. Basically, if someone doesn't know what a VPN is, they're not going to be able to answer the OP's question.

Yup. All it takes is to google "VPN" to learn more than you ever wanted to know about vpn's. 

• Like 1