what are considered the best concierge rooms on S class ships?

stah1mr

12 hours ago, andyfriend80 said:

Any on the "hump" are good.  We have had 9241 and are back in it next year.  Great balcony size and convenient for everything but very quiet. 

That’s good to hear. We have the cabin next door - 9239 on our upcoming Solstice cruise. 

There's one thing about many of the rooms on the hump that bother me, most seem to be connecting cabins.  As a rule I don't like connecting cabins, perhaps it's an unnatural fear that the door can be unlocked, or they are noisier or it just seems like that part of the wall isn't utilized with hangers, mirrors or something.  All of the S-class ships except the Reflection have a feature where the cabins are connected outside the cabin doors with a second set of doors form a private entrance to the two cabins.  Overall this is much better but there is one feature in this arrangement that bothers me, the bathroom door opens in the opposite direction toward the inside of the cabin to allow movement of the bathroom door with the cabin doors open for connecting cabins.  Not a deal breaker but this always feels awkward to me.  The Reflection is a different situation, it uses the more conventional arrangement for connecting cabins with the connecting doors inside the cabin.  For me, I would avoid connecting cabins on the Reflection.  Just my two cents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

Mine are 1st 2105,2107,2106 and 2108. 2nd 2109,2111,2110 and 2112. I dont remember any noise from above as it is under the carpeted area. Large balconies, right out to the pool and one deck up to food.  

Don’t you go stealing my cabins now 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Don’t you go stealing my cabins now 😉

Sorry, I know. I thought about not saying anything, but the cabins are great. We now book mostly sky suites and enjoy Luminae. Blu is ok, too much game birds on the menu for my liking. It is funny I'll eat snails, but not game birds. Snails are just not that cute. Sometimes when I see the suite prices I think why not get a Concierge cabin and buy a dinner package.

19 hours ago, RickT said:

I’m a fan if the slant cabins but also love the aft cabins.  I’m booked in 1208 and feel you cannot beat the view of the wake...

Maybe it's an Ottawa thing, but I agree fully. We had 1674 (C1) on the Eclipse for our last Celebrity cruise, one of the ones with the extra balcony width, and loved it.

29 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Maybe it's an Ottawa thing, but I agree fully. We had 1674 (C1) on the Eclipse for our last Celebrity cruise, one of the ones with the extra balcony width, and loved it.

Perhaps.... but probably more the “get me away from an Ottawa winter” thing 😋

I went with 1208 and not 1206 (one with the extra balcony width) to ensure cabins on either side were 2 person cabins.  We had a bad experience on Princess once being next to a cabin that held 4.  We avoid Princess and being near a cabin that holds 4 ever since.

Go Sens Go!

• Like 1

I hesitate to tell my preferences because then competition for my favorite cabins will increase, but here goes anyway. I prefer so-called hump cabins that face forward and are front facing. We had a very nice aft facing hump cabin on Silhouette in December, but I missed being able to look forward to see where the ship was going.  My sister had what I wanted. She always seemed to have the better view. She was only a few cabins away from us, but it seemed to make such a difference. 

Another  problem we had being further aft was that the chimney smoke often seemed to be hanging right over us. It can smell quite strong. Of course this depends on wind direction. 

Another consideration is your preference for port or starboard locations, if you have a preference that is. 

Almost any concierge class cabin is comfortable and it may not always be possible to get one of the coveted hump cabins or you may not be able to have the deck you want.  

On 12/26/2019 at 1:26 PM, andyfriend80 said:

Any on the "hump" are good.  We have had 9241 and are back in it next year.  Great balcony size and convenient for everything but very quiet. 

We had that room on the solstice in 2016 Hawaii to Vancouver cruise, it was awesome!