Transfers from FLL to Miami port

disneygirl2

I went searching but could not find this: how do most of you get from FLL to the port?  We are actually flying down a day ahead and staying at a hotel in Miami the day before.  We are thinking UBER at this point, but can't book ahead so I am a bit nervous.

Thanks

Cheryl

27 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

SAS is what I always use.  They pick up at FLL and drop off at the Miami cruise terminal for $15.00 PP each way.  Very reliable.  They contact you by cell phone and let you know where to wait for them and when they’ll be there.  Go to ridesas.com.

Just looked them up...thanks.

We are getting in a day early also and we rented a car at FLL for 24 hours for $50 and drop it off at the port the next day and they will shuttle you to the cruise ship for free. This way we can go and sight see the day before and not have to worry about finding more transportation. Hope this helps.

Paul

UberX or standard Lyft from FLL to downtown Miami hotels will be about $35+ for the car. The next morning a $12-13+ taxi or an under $10 UberX will get you to POM.

If your flight info FLL arrives in the afternoon, fewer shuttles will make the trip to Miami because it is harder to fill the van and make a profit.  Besides SAS, check with QLS and Go Airport Shuttles.

18 hours ago, disneygirl2 said:

We are actually flying down a day ahead and staying at a hotel in Miami the day before.

The standard advice here is to take an Uber/Lyft to your hotel in Miami. Unless you have a large group there is no need to make things complicated. 

18 hours ago, disneygirl2 said:

e are thinking UBER at this point, but can't book ahead so I am a bit nervous.

Nothing to be nervous about. There will be tons near by, you might wait 3-5 mins for one. 

3 minutes ago, SMN73 said:

Has no one done the Brightline train from FLL to MIA or back?  I am thinking of taking that to FLL post cruise.  It's $11 one way.  That plus an Uber/Lyft seems cheapest.  

Brightline does not have a station at FLL. You would need to Uber to the closest station, ride the train, then UBER to your hotel.  Easier to just Uber/Lyft from FLL to your Miami hotel.

12 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Brightline does not have a station at FLL. You would need to Uber to the closest station, ride the train, then UBER to your hotel.  Easier to just Uber/Lyft from FLL to your Miami hotel.

Ahhh ok.  Gotcha.  Thanks for that info!

14 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

John, how long does an Uber ride take from Miami port to FLL?  I am looking at a 1:10 flight out of FLL.  Seems reasonable but wanted to double check.  The train said 30 min but doesn't have traffic to deal with.  

1 hour ago, SMN73 said:

John, how long does an Uber ride take from Miami port to FLL?  I am looking at a 1:10 flight out of FLL.  Seems reasonable but wanted to double check.  The train said 30 min but doesn't have traffic to deal with.  

Ride in an Uber or taxi between POM and FLL. will take about 30-40+ minutes depending upon traffic. A 1:10 flight will be easy.

• Like 1

We arrived FLL last month. Stayed 2 nights pre-cruise at FLL Hilton Marina. Our ship sailed & returned to Port of Miami. I just looked at our Lyft receipts, which included the gratuity. From FLL airport to the Hilton was $14 and the ride was 20 minutes. From the Hilton to POM was $31 and the ride was 45 minutes on a Sunday morning. We used our's ship's transfer from POM back to FLL since it was a complimentary transfer that was included as part of our cruise fare.

On 12/27/2019 at 7:57 AM, shipgeeks said:

OP, just to clarify, are you flying into FLL, staying at a Miami hotel, and sailing from Miami?  You will need transportation for two different legs?

We fly in and out of FLL and cruise out of Miami.

I am going with SAS at $15 for both ways.

Thanks

Not sure why you would choose to ride the train and a shuttle for over an hour to stay near the MIA airport where you are still a 20+ minute cab/Uber/shuttle ride from the port.  Why not stay near FLL and use a shared shuttle - $15 per person - or Uber/Lyft (about $35 for the car) to get to POM?

39 minutes ago, Argo. said:

Has any one used the tri rail connection from FLL to MIA and then use the hotel shuttle from MIA to your hotel?

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

Not sure why you would choose to ride the train and a shuttle for over an hour to stay near the MIA airport where you are still a 20+ minute cab/Uber/shuttle ride from the port.  Why not stay near FLL and use a shared shuttle - $15 per person - or Uber/Lyft (about $35 for the car) to get to POM?

Unfortunately the price of hotels in FLL is double what they are in MIA (Marriott chain) for the January 13th cruise.

We once used the SAS shuttle between ports and an accident on I-95 turned the experience into a 2.5 hr ordeal.

2 hours ago, Argo. said:

Unfortunately the price of hotels in FLL is double what they are in MIA (Marriott chain) for the January 13th cruise.

We once used the SAS shuttle between ports and an accident on I-95 turned the experience into a 2.5 hr ordeal.

If you can get a good deal on a hotel in Miami in January then go for it.  I'd look at UberX or Lyft - fare from FLL to your hotel should be about $35+ instead of messing around with a shuttle to the Tri-Rail, the train, and then a shuttle to your hotel.  Good luck! 😎

On 1/4/2020 at 1:37 PM, jordanaire said:

I second Jiffy Jeff's! Great value and super friendly service!

We too are flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami.  I looked at Jiffy Jeff's website and his rates show a minimum $100 (one way) from FLL to Miami since our flight arrives after 3pm (3:04pm actually🙄).  What does SAS stand for?  I would like to look them up and compare to Uber/Lyft.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

We too are flying into FLL and cruising out of Miami.  I looked at Jiffy Jeff's website and his rates show a minimum $100 (one way) from FLL to Miami since our flight arrives after 3pm (3:04pm actually🙄).  What does SAS stand for?  I would like to look them up and compare to Uber/Lyft.  Thanks.

www.ridesas.com

Late afternoon shuttle rates are more expensive because they likely cannot fill the van with others. UberX or standard Lyft will be about $35+ from FLL to downtown Miami hotels.