Talk to me about Air2Sea Airflights

Jimbo

2 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I just booked an Air2Sea flight last week and paid in full so I have good seat choices. The agent actually tried to talk me into waiting until final payment date, but I know the selection would be very limited by then. I went right in and upgraded to the seating we wanted as almost all seats were still open. (Flight in October 2020)

When you say "upgraded", do you mean you are flying economy but paid for a better (non-complimentary) seat?

56 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

When you say "upgraded", do you mean you are flying economy but paid for a better (non-complimentary) seat?

By upgraded, I meant paying extra for extra leg room seats at the front of the main cabin.  Not 1st Class or anything like that. I have a claustrophobic wife that can’t tolerate the basic cattle car scenarios. 

6 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

By upgraded, I meant paying extra for extra leg room seats at the front of the main cabin.  Not 1st Class or anything like that. I have a claustrophobic wife that can’t tolerate the basic cattle car scenarios. 

Thanks, that's what I thought you meant.

I booked Premium Economy for my Nov. 2020 transatlantic flight and was able to get my preferred assigned seats, but Iater thought that it might make more sense (i.e., cheaper)  to book Economy and pay for extra legroom seats.  But since you apparently have to pay in full to pick extra cost seats, I'll stick with the fully refundable premium economy fare.

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I just booked an Air2Sea flight last week and paid in full so I have good seat choices. The agent actually tried to talk me into waiting until final payment date, but I know the selection would be very limited by then. I went right in and upgraded to the seating we wanted as almost all seats were still open. (Flight in October 2020)

That's exactly what we do. We've found that on the flights we've booked recently, it has cost less to book economy with Air2Sea  and upgrade through the airline website then it is to book the higher category through Air2Sea. We have a return flight from Amsterdam in May 2020 and a flight to Rome in November 2020. For both of these we booked economy with Air2Sea and paid in full so we could go to the airline website and upgrade to Comfort+. Like you we didn't want to wait until final payment date and risk no or limited Comfort+ seats. 

Edited by lr657

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Check without your booking details, there's a second tab where you can just check prices.

Thanks, found it.  Flights when up about $120.00 each since I booked 2 nights ago.

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Not sure what month you are going to Alaska, but it won’t get fully dark most likely til midnight or later.

jc

Our land tour is last week of July, Cruise is 1st week of August so we should have some long days and shorts nights.

I think you and others are right, I keep trying to book economy plus seats and it craps out on United.  I guess if I call air 2 sea and lock in my crappy flights I will be able to upgrade. Or not.  I would prefer air 2 sea to bill us upfront instead of putting us in strange land.  

JC

20 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I think you and others are right, I keep trying to book economy plus seats and it craps out on United.  I guess if I call air 2 sea and lock in my crappy flights I will be able to upgrade. Or not.  I would prefer air 2 sea to bill us upfront instead of putting us in strange land.  

JC

I was thinking for now just keep a watch on the price of the flights I booked, Hoping they go down but really thinking they never will go down, but also watching ther availability of the economy plus extra leg room seats, if I see them starting to all get booked up I call Air2Sea and pay for flights in full so I can get my upgraded seats?

Anyone know if the prices of the upgraded seats can go up and down on prices or is it once they set a price on them they stay the same price for the duration until all are gone?

Anyone have experince on this how it works on United?

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone know if the prices of the upgraded seats can go up and down on prices or is it once they set a price on them they stay the same price for the duration until all are gone? ...

The purchase of upgraded seats is non-refundable so price drops are not honored.

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The purchase of upgraded seats is non-refundable so price drops are not honored.

That's one of the reasons I'm holding off for now, even though just checked and the upgrade price went from $100 to $84 per seat since last night. :) So it's getting tempting.

Edited by Jimbo

On 12/30/2019 at 1:52 PM, HicksRA said:

So if I understand you, you can't select upgraded seats unless they are paid in full?

34 minutes ago, artvlay said:

So if I understand you, you can't select upgraded seats unless they are paid in full?

That is correct all you could choose on United was economy seats, when trying to upgrade it lets you go through the process but when it comes time to take your credit card information it does not allow you to complete the transaction, shows an error and says call the airlines, in which they will most likely  tell you to pay in full before you can select to pay for an upgrade.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That is correct all you could choose on United was economy seats, when trying to upgrade it lets you go through the process but when it comes time to take your credit card information it does not allow you to complete the transaction, shows an error and says call the airlines, in which they will most likely  tell you to pay in full before you can select to pay for an upgrade.

Yes, exactly as you describe tried 3 times on 3 different devices.

jc

I hate having to make a phone call to do anything.  This is not a change for the better.  Let me pay for the booking when I try to book.  Don’t put it into the cruise equation and then let me decide how to upgrade my trip.  Making us wait  or make a phone call to figure out something I already understand is just stupid.

jc

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

I hate having to make a phone call to do anything.  This is not a change for the better.  Let me pay for the booking when I try to book.  Don’t put it into the cruise equation and then let me decide how to upgrade my trip.  Making us wait  or make a phone call to figure out something I already understand is just stupid.

jc

I thought you can opt to pay for the flight in full when you book.

So, as mentioned a few days ago.  When I went to book on Air2sea it gave me my booking, but it never gave me any option to pay.  Didn’t ask for a credit card, just gave me my booking.  In fact, I was just testing the booking process to see what my options were.  When I got to the book the flight, I figured it would then say how do you want to pay for this, nope.  Just gave me my flight booking.  

An improvement that is completely not an improvement.  It says if I cancel, there could be cancellation fees, it doesn’t say what those are for my booking.  I assume I would have to call to find out that as well.  I am just glad I did this on an almost reasonable booking and not some of the 40 minute between flight options it was offering me.  

Just saying.... this is a train wreck waiting for people.

jc

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

So you don't even have to pay the $15 or $25 service charge?

Not upfront, no but there is a $30  Air2Sea Non-Ref Processing Fee added on the price of the 2 tickets.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Was that $30 for 2 domestic air tickets?

Yes, $30 total  2 passengers,  return flight to Philadelphia leaves from Vancouver, Canada.

Philadelphia to Chicago, Chicago to Anchorage

Vancouver to Chicago, Chicago to Philadelphia

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, $30 total  2 passengers,  return flight to Philadelphia leaves from Vancouver, Canada.

Philadelphia to Chicago, Chicago to Anchorage

Vancouver to Chicago, Chicago to Philadelphia

Thanks for the info.

Another wonderful Royal IT "feature" ...

I booked refundable tickets.  Of course once you book, you can no longer check flights/prices using the reservation number.  OK, there's the 2nd tab that let's you check the same thing.  I checked using the 2nd tab and saw a lower price.  I called Air2Sea and informed them of the lower price and asked for a price adjustment. 

Air2Sea rep:  Where did you see the lower price?

Me:  On Air2Sea (Choiceair.com)

Air2Sea rep:  Oh, without the reservation number, those prices are just an estimate.

Me:  Huh?

Air2Sea:  Give me 2 minutes to check the price.

Air2Sea:  The current price is much higher than what you paid.

Me: But I'm seeing a lower price on choiceair.com

Air2Sea: You can't go by that.

1) If the 2nd tab is inaccurate, why have the option?

2) How can you monitor price changes if the website is unreliable?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Another wonderful Royal IT "feature" ...

I booked refundable tickets.  Of course once you book, you can no longer check flights/prices using the reservation number.  OK, there's the 2nd tab that let's you check the same thing.  I checked using the 2nd tab and saw a lower price.  I called Air2Sea and informed them of the lower price and asked for a price adjustment. 

Air2Sea rep:  Where did you see the lower price?

Me:  On Air2Sea (Choiceair.com)

Air2Sea rep:  Oh, without the reservation number, those prices are just an estimate.

Me:  Huh?

Air2Sea:  Give me 2 minutes to check the price.

Air2Sea:  The current price is much higher than what you paid.

Me: But I'm seeing a lower price on choiceair.com

Air2Sea: You can't go by that.

1) If the 2nd tab is inaccurate, why have the option?

2) How can you monitor price changes if the website is unreliable?

Interesting......Something tells me this Air2Sea thing isn't going to go well, but just as I had thought, there willnever be a reduction in air flights, unlike when you can check cruise prices very easily.

There has to be a better solution for this?

Wonder how this statement works, if anyone tried it and got back the 110%

What happens if I find a cheaper fare somewhere else?

Confirmed ChoiceAir® reservations are backed by our "Low Fare Guarantee." We are confident that our fares are the lowest available however, if you are able to find a lower fare on any website for the same flights, class of service etc. we will provide you with an onboard credit worth 110% of the fare difference. Additional restrictions may apply please visit the brand website for complete details regarding the Low Fare Guarantee.

Edited by Jimbo

7 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I just checked a couple of flights with and without booking number and you get the exact same choices and prices.

Biker, who thinks the Air2Sea reps are sometimes just as incompetent as the RCI ones.