Bliss current location unusual?

From MarineTraffic website:

image.png.dce390bf5a8b877da10e8f074b5d0a69.png

That is a bit odd and strange , usually they are never that close to the coast. On my past cruises with similar itinerary, we were further out to see

Most like they are hugging the coast due to weather/waves

That looked similar to our Gem's course heading earlier this month, plotted for a smoother ride due to inclement weather at sea. We're going slower & still made it to PC almost on time, sailed out around 5 pm.  With the Bliss speed, they should make it fine.  Later today & overnight, should be further away from the coast approaching GA toward FL. 

I was on the bliss Dec 13 as we went down the coast and we hit bad weather. The captain moved the ship about 100 miles out to sea to avoid coastal high waves. By doing this we could not make PC port on Sunday. So we had an extra sea day an arrived at PC on Monday.

From the AIS data, charted 7+ hours ago, almost top speed vs. wind direction, looking good & on time, seas calm ... as Bob commented.  Marine traffic should pick up the Bliss soon & those on ship should spot land and shoreline also.

Washy Washy, Happy Happy.

Collage 2019-12-30 09_40_49.jpg

7 hours ago, mking8288 said:

From the AIS data, charted 7+ hours ago, almost top speed vs. wind direction, looking good & on time, seas calm ... as Bob commented.  Marine traffic should pick up the Bliss soon & those on ship should spot land and shoreline also.

Washy Washy, Happy Happy.

Packing Lysol wipes for the washy washy so we can be happy happy!😁

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Packing Lysol wipes for the washy washy so we can be happy happy!😁

Bliss made it to PC earlier, watching it on live shipcam - sitting pretty for the overnight stay.  I am not sure if you read/saw it on the Gem's semi live, discovered that with the ship's iCafe PC terminal, access to read/browse the CC website is freely available, at no charge - just click - it's slow WiFi over satellite at sea, graphics blocked (no pretty pictures - easier/faster to load/refresh ... webpage formatting still messed up) ... but, past that on to the rest of the Roll Call gang, including Charlie running the gong show (LOL) - in case, things get boring and/or interesting, that some of the CC addicts get restless on those long sea days - to read the gossips.  Hence, I will follow, post & comment, etc. - anyone planning to blog, post & keep us entertained, since it doesn't look like we can go.  

Ha ha ... RJ and you are done packing, I trust.  Doing the one-handed count down sequence ... looks like weather is just as pretty or better compared to this January's Caribbean Escape we're on.  Susan refused to book/sail an Inside on longer sailings and not seeing anything available last minute, regardless.  Seemed like NCL is pulling funny stuff on how they are awarding upgrade bids, as well as timing.  You know we don't like booking things far in advance but out of curiosity, peek at 2021 (yeah, crazy ... ) and the prices are absurd, even for steerage class.  Well, going to hold the trigger on future cruises now.  

Best wishes for 2020 and happy sailing, bon voyage for the Bliss this Sunday !! 

3 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Bliss made it to PC earlier, watching it on live shipcam - sitting pretty for the overnight stay.  I am not sure if you read/saw it on the Gem's semi live, discovered that with the ship's iCafe PC terminal, access to read/browse the CC website is freely available, at no charge - just click - it's slow WiFi over satellite at sea, graphics blocked (no pretty pictures - easier/faster to load/refresh ... webpage formatting still messed up) ... but, past that on to the rest of the Roll Call gang, including Charlie running the gong show (LOL) - in case, things get boring and/or interesting, that some of the CC addicts get restless on those long sea days - to read the gossips.  Hence, I will follow, post & comment, etc. - anyone planning to blog, post & keep us entertained, since it doesn't look like we can go.  

Ha ha ... RJ and you are done packing, I trust.  Doing the one-handed count down sequence ... looks like weather is just as pretty or better compared to this January's Caribbean Escape we're on.  Susan refused to book/sail an Inside on longer sailings and not seeing anything available last minute, regardless.  Seemed like NCL is pulling funny stuff on how they are awarding upgrade bids, as well as timing.  You know we don't like booking things far in advance but out of curiosity, peek at 2021 (yeah, crazy ... ) and the prices are absurd, even for steerage class.  Well, going to hold the trigger on future cruises now.  

Best wishes for 2020 and happy sailing, bon voyage for the Bliss this Sunday !! 

And bon voyage to ME because I’ll be sailing on her, waving bye-bye to all the rest of you as you wait for your cruise moment....

Oh and addressing the Lysol wipes - here’s another commercial for IF YOU WANT TO CRUISE IN WINTER, GET YOUR FLU SHOT!  Do your part for herd immunity!

Edited by erdoran
  • Haha 1