Neptunes and CO seating and times...

Mosaic

1 hour ago, kazu said:

So, stupid question.

I know on the other ships Neptune Suites can do fixed dining.  Hopefully that option is there on the Pinnacle Class ships?

Hopefully I am answering the question you asked:  I know @3rdGenCunarder opted for fixed dining in the MDR on the Koningsdam as opposed to Club Orange.

5 hours ago, Mosaic said:

On the K'dam, do Neptune Suite guests have assigned times or tables in Club Orange???

For the first few times we sat in different areas until we found a table we liked.  Eventually we told them which one we preferred and it always seemed to be available for us!

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Hopefully I am answering the question you asked:  I know @3rdGenCunarder opted for fixed dining in the MDR on the Koningsdam as opposed to Club Orange.

Yes, I did. I had CO as part of being in a NS, so I asked the concierge to make the change for me.  But I did have breakfast in CO, so for my preferences it was the best of both dining rooms. 

They were very good about special needs, by the way, as you would expect from HAL.

I always request in advance a wall or corner table that will work well for my large service dog to keep her tail out of traffic areas. When we boarded the Nieuw Stat, the very accommodating maitre identified and held the same suitable table for us throughout the cruise. It worked out the same way MDR assigned early seating does for us. (And since we eat early, the table was available as needed for later diners.)

5 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Breakfast will be 7:30-9:00 am on port days and 8:00-9:30 on sea days.

As a solo cruiser would they  expect  or   pressure  me to 'share a table?     I want   a table   for  two set for one.  I  prefer to not have some random person join me at the whim of whomever is seating guests. 

Edited by sail7seas

20 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

As a solo cruiser would they  expect  or   pressure  me to 'share a table?     I want   a table   for  two set for one.  I  prefer to not have some random person join me at the whim of whomever is seating guests. 

No, they won't make you share if you ask to be alone. There are mostly 2's and 4's, so it's easy enough for them to seat you by yourself. I sat alone for a few mornings and then one morning I was asked if I was willing to share. Since CO was busy, I said okay and was seated at a 4-top where a couple was already seated. They pretty much ignored me, so it felt very awkward. After that I asked to be seated alone for breakfast and there was no problem getting a single table.

I like a large table for dinner, which is why I opted out of CO for dinner.