Jeans allowed?

BigIslandersFan

9 minutes ago, alfagee said:

You would suspect wrong. I have piercings and different colored hair because I like the way they look. I have tattoos to celebrate surviving cancer and coming through it happier and more centered.

And my Mom taught me that staring is rude. Didn't your Mom teach you that?

I hope you can celebrate your survival with your friends. I also hope that you knew getting those tattoos after cancer has other risks involved? Hepatitis A and B for example. Cheers to good health and many more celebrations.

1 minute ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I hope you can celebrate your survival with your friends. I also hope that you knew getting those tattoos after cancer has other risks involved? Hepatitis A and B for example. Cheers to good health and many more celebrations.

Nope. In NY, professional, licensed tattoo artists must take (and pass) Infection Control courses and exams. Those rules exist to protect people from blood-borne pathogens and infections--like Hep C, which was often transmitted through tattooing before regulations and sterile practices were in use.

Tattoo artists also use a new, disposable needle for every tattoo. And they sterilize equipment between clients. 

FYI: Hep A and B are viral and transmission has nothing to do with tattooing.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, alfagee said:

You would suspect wrong. I have piercings and different colored hair because I like the way they look. I have tattoos to celebrate surviving cancer and coming through it happier and more centered.

And my Mom taught me that staring is rude. Didn't your Mom teach you that?

Hey,  it is human nature...... we can deny it all we want but we all do it and make instant judgments when we see things. You just did  in your comment " Didn't  your  mom teach you" you judged me.....   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I too, only take cruises for the ship experience having been to 99% of places I wanted to go. 

If your troubled by the lack if manners, decorum  that folks have written about on Oceania , please understand  that it is an industry wide problem. (I blame much of it on the addiction of many to their electronic gizmos which promote isolating a person from social interaction  They are oblivious to the world around them..)....

Just think of this  no matter how bad it gets  and offensive, that the mass market guys  HAL, NCL, Princess, Celeb etc are experiencing way  worse..... 

I has a recent experience on a mass market because of a special set of ports....How bad  can it be, I said..   It was bad enough that I avoided all the eating options.....  I had no idea how crude and rude people could get

.. At least Oceania higher fares are acting to filter out many of the really offensive. jerks.

Plus 1

Jancruz1

2 hours ago, alfagee said:

I hope that's the case. But there are so many complaints in this thread about the way people look....it's hard to ignore the judgmental, superficial nature of the comments.

I dont think it is how they look, it is what they wear walking into the specialty with a logo white Tshirt and jeans around the ankles is not what I expect to see..

Jancruz1

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I dont think it is how they look, it is what they wear walking into the specialty with a logo white Tshirt and jeans around the ankles is not what I expect to see..

Jancruz1

I can't quite picture anyone wearing  "jeans around the ankles". Have you seen this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alfagee said:

Nope. In NY, professional, licensed tattoo artists must take (and pass) Infection Control courses and exams. Those rules exist to protect people from blood-borne pathogens and infections--like Hep C, which was often transmitted through tattooing before regulations and sterile practices were in use.

Tattoo artists also use a new, disposable needle for every tattoo. And they sterilize equipment between clients. 

FYI: Hep A and B are viral and transmission has nothing to do with tattooing.

Yes, but there is Hep C. Happy your did your research prior.  "Making the choice to adorn your body with ink is ultimately your decision but if you currently have cancer or may be predisposed to it, please weigh your options carefully. Hopefully, in the future, there will be more medical research done on the lymphatic system and how it responds to the various types of tattoo ink. Until then, be wise. Think before you ink"  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dog said:

I can't quite picture anyone wearing  "jeans around the ankles". Have you seen this?

I think what she meant were the baggy jeans that are falling off their rear end.  If they don't hold them up, they will be at their ankles. Thug Life

5 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I think what she meant were the baggy jeans that are falling off their rear end.  If they don't hold them up, they will be at their ankles. Thug Life

Oh! What is known as "plumber's pants".

12 minutes ago, dog said:

Photo?

The style was popularized by skaters and hip-hop artists in the 1990s.[5][6] It later became a symbol of freedom and cultural awareness among some youths[7] or a symbol of their rejection of the values of mainstream society.[8]

It is often claimed the style originated from the United States prison system where belts are sometimes prohibited[9] and there can be a lack of appropriately sized clothing.

I think you very well understood without the image. Not the plumber. Thug Life.

Edited by TrulyBlonde

42 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Between the bad food and the aging hippies rampaging on the ships, I think I will just stay home.  And use the cash saved to upgrade my daily swill to Petrus...

Great Idea Raggie. When I am in OC  next, let's share some. I will buy, a lot cheaper than a cruise. I am still blonde. 😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Justalone said:

New to cruising.  Thing of first cruise either on Oceania or Celebrity. In the evening is denim pants allowed in GDR?

Thanks.

LOL. Have you read the 150 posts before yours? With all due respect.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Justalone said:

New to cruising.  Thing of first cruise either on Oceania or Celebrity. In the evening is denim pants allowed in GDR?

Thanks.

Celebrity-- Yes as long as they are not too grubby.  Celebrity doesn't have formal nights.  Instead they have "chic" nights. On chic nights "designer" jeans are OK.  

Oceania -- I've never been.  From what I read here "casual" jeans are not OK in the dining room after 6 pm (except OK in the buffet).  As to what "casual" jeans means, I suggest you read this thread.  

Thanks.

After following this thread from the beginning, I’d say yes denim jeans are allowed in the GDR as long as they are decent, smart casual, not ripped. 

8 hours ago, clo said:

LOL. Have you read the 150 posts before yours? With all due respect.

LOL.  No, I have not read all 150 posts before mine, thank you.  🙂.   But those that I have read seem to place high importance on following the dress policy for evening dress in the dining room.  Others not.

What I meant was, I have some dressy pants made of denim fabric but not “blue jeans” Levi’s, or Wranglers.  They are light weight colored mixed cotton- denim fabric,  in white, or oatmeal,  but are not Western cut style “jeans”.   They are straight leg or flared cut.  I think I would be OK wearing them with a nice top?

Thanks again for you guidance.

LOL.  No, I have not read all 150 posts before mine, thank you.  🙂.   But those that I have read seem to place high importance on following the dress policy for evening dress in the dining room.  Others not.

What I meant was, I have some dressy pants made of denim fabric but not “blue jeans” Levi’s, or Wranglers.  They are light weight colored mixed cotton- denim fabric,  in white, or oatmeal,  but are not Western cut style “jeans”.   They are straight leg or flared cut.  I think I would be OK wearing them with a nice top?

Thanks again for you guidance.

These all sound fine to me.