Edge Extend your stay - anyone done this yet?

LSKC

Looking for anyone that has done this. We are on the March 29th sailing and don't fly back to toronto until 3:30ish. Thinking this might be a nice option but I want to know the ins and outs of it before we consider. Mostly I want to know how our morning goes

ie:

do we have to put out all luggage the night before or keep it and walk off with it in the morning to clear customs?

how long will the "get off and then back on the ship process" take?

do you have access to somewhere to change into clothes if you are at pool area until departure for flight?

other than drink pkg (classic) what areas is there access to food?

thanks.

There are two or three active threads about this program.  They ask about Equinox but the program would operate the same on edge.  Have a look to them and you will get the info you need.

that being said, it is so new (in the US) that I would be surprised if you get any info from anyone who has actually done it yet from edge

We have done the extend your stay but in Europe. And we are doing it again on the Edge but again in the Med. I understand that in the US you have to get off the ship to zero it out and then reboard. You don’t have to do this in Europe, and in our booking we don’t have to put the suitcases out until the morning around 7am for collection, can stay in the cabin until 9am and then you are free to use all the facilities. It also includes a classic beverage package for the day plus a voucher for a speciality restaurant, or you can use the buffet. You must depart 90 minutes before the ship departs, which in our case will be 3.30pm. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LSKC said:

Looking for anyone that has done this. We are on the March 29th sailing and don't fly back to toronto until 3:30ish. Thinking this might be a nice option but I want to know the ins and outs of it before we consider. Mostly I want to know how our morning goes

ie:

do we have to put out all luggage the night before or keep it and walk off with it in the morning to clear customs?

how long will the "get off and then back on the ship process" take?

do you have access to somewhere to change into clothes if you are at pool area until departure for flight?

other than drink pkg (classic) what areas is there access to food?

thanks.

I'm on the same cruise and planning on doing it for the First time in the U.S.   Detail below.   Time off the ship should be similar to B2B's and probably about 20-30 minutes.   

Important Notes

• Guests that sign up for Extend Your Stay in Fort Lauderdale are required to put their luggage outside their staterooms the evening before debarking. Luggage will be marked with Extend Your Stay Luggage and will be offloaded into the customs luggage area in Pier 25.
  • Guests can stay in their room until 9AM.
  • As per Federal regulation, all guests in Fort Lauderdale need to debark before anyone is allowed to go back on board. Extend Your Stay Guests will be led to the luggage area to collect their Extend Your Stay marked luggage and proceed to clear Customs.
  • Once Customs is cleared, Extend Your Stay guests will be able to return to the ship and will be guided by our staff to drop-off their luggage in the designated area. A ticket receipt will be provided so guests can collect their belongings once departing the ship for good.
  • Minibar service is not included in this program.
  • Guests will have access to all public lounges and the pool deck.
  • Please note that no exit and re-entry to the ship will be permitted on departure day.
  • For your convenience, personal credit cards will be accepted for onboard purchases throughout the day.
  • Private and group transportation is available upon request.
  • Guests who have booked transfers through Celebrity Cruises will have the option to request a later transfer upon signing-up for the Extend Your Stay Program.

• Like 1

So no drink package as they mention credit cards are accepted for purchases. Having to put your bags out the night before and then disembark to embark again along with having to claim your bags and then give them back again makes this not very appealing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

So no drink package as they mention credit cards are accepted for purchases. Having to put your bags out the night before and then disembark to embark again along with having to claim your bags and then give them back again makes this not very appealing. 

I have to agree. The booking on the Edge in the Med is significantly more appealing than the US and is much better than the previous times I’ve done where there was no drink package and no specialty meal. We did not have to exit then return, however we did have to put luggage out the night before. The new Med offer is too good to refuse if flights allow. 

13 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Anybody interested in the details should consult their cruise planner all the details are listed there.  Yes it includes a classic package

Highlights

• Extend Your Stay program: Relax and spend more time on board on departure day.
  • Classic Beverage Package for the day.

Cost in my cruise planner is $79 on my March Reflection cruise.

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

For Edge it is $71 AUD which is maybe $50USD. The part I particularly like is not having to put luggage out the night before, and departing the room at 9am. 

Number one....go back to post #5 in this thread and under IMPORTANT NOTES, the first bullet mentions that you need to put your luggage out the night before.  And on our Edge sailing next week, it's 79.00 USD per person.  Since you need to be off the ship 90 minutes prior to sailaway, that means off at 200 PM, so instead of leaving at 930, it's 200 and during that time you need to be in limbo while they zero things out, so maybe you'll be back on board by 1100.  So you get an extra 3 hours from 1100-200 and they want 79 per person.

20 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Number one....go back to post #5 in this thread and under IMPORTANT NOTES, the first bullet mentions that you need to put your luggage out the night before.  And on our Edge sailing next week, it's 79.00 USD per person.  Since you need to be off the ship 90 minutes prior to sailaway, that means off at 200 PM, so instead of leaving at 930, it's 200 and during that time you need to be in limbo while they zero things out, so maybe you'll be back on board by 1100.  So you get an extra 3 hours from 1100-200 and they want 79 per person.

Yes. That’s for US. As I said I’m doing the Med extension. So please revisit my posts. 

Here is the blurb relevant for Edge in the Med. we don’t have to get off the ship. In fact if we get off we can’t get back on. 
As I also posted it doesn’t seem worth it for US. But is for the Med. 

0EA3DA9B-0C95-4B47-9CA3-782031F55A38.jpeg

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm on the same cruise and planning on doing it for the First time in the U.S.   Detail below.   Time off the ship should be similar to B2B's and probably about 20-30 minutes.   

The last b2b we did, which was in Feb 19, the process took longer than anticipated because the count did not reach zero for some time. Once they searched all of the crew quarters they discovered the missing guest in a crew cabin. The whole process took over an hour in an area that was getting quite cold. That was in terminal 29.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I think you'll be back on by 10/10.30, the same as the back to back people.  I've looked into it a lot for our upcoming Caribbean cruise and today the cost has gone down to $63pp so I'm going to book it.  A day room in a very average airport hotel costs $100 then you have to buy lunch and drinks so for us it works out about the same.  We will have to leave the ship at 2.30 and our international flight from miami is at 5.30pm so for us the timing for us, and the cost makes it worth it.

• 2 months later...
On 12/31/2019 at 4:12 PM, Pushka said:

Yes. That’s for US. As I said I’m doing the Med extension. So please revisit my posts. 

Here is the blurb relevant for Edge in the Med. we don’t have to get off the ship. In fact if we get off we can’t get back on. 
As I also posted it doesn’t seem worth it for US. But is for the Med. 

0EA3DA9B-0C95-4B47-9CA3-782031F55A38.jpeg

Hi, I'm planing to extend the stay on edge coming July in Med, I checked same terms at you post, although they will have you a voucher $30 on grand bistro, but can we goto oceanview cafe to take breakfast or lunch buffet without charges?

Edited by siuchau