Oasis Embarkation Lunch

Depends what kind of food you want. One awesome thing about the Oasis class is the large number of included dining options (and also upcharge). 

The newest included dining option for lunch is El Loco Fresh, and there are two new upcharge choices which are open on embarkation lunch Playmakers for pub food and Portside BBQ. 

For me, Park Cafe is always a classic choice. 

Edited by Dajbman22

You can always grab pizza at Sorrento’s if your too late there will be a long line, but they move fast..windjammer will be nuts...Park cafe a good choice...but wherever you go don’t worry RC has planned for ALL of us to be hunger we will be well taken care of..Chuck...BigShip Cruise

84ED3544-ADF8-438E-92B5-53C2823FB5A4.jpeg

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

I've recently read that Solarium Bistro is a good option to consider.

I second this.  Solarium Bistro is usually not very crowded.  Park Cafe can jam up very quickly.

Not that you've asked about specialty restaurants, but just so you know, Chops is no longer open on embarkation day on Oasis.  We were on earlier this month.  I suspect (but don't know for sure) that this is a function of the fact that they are serving the modified Chops menu in the MDR to the Key folks and they simply do not have the manpower to service both venues effectively.  I had been reading, recently, about the poor service in Chops on embarkation day, which I suspect is a result of a stress on serving staff.  I guess it was best just to close Chops completely and focus on the Key crowd.  Giovanni's is open though, if you are looking for a specialty restaurant on embarkation.  If you have the Unlimited Dining Plan, it is included.

14 hours ago, Tracey said:

We eat in Coastal Kitchen

So do we, love being able to go right up there, drop our carry on bags near the door and have a relaxing lunch with complimentary beer and wine while we wait for our cabin to open.  However.....

Unless the OP is Pinnacle or full suite...that information probably does not help them.  

19 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Not that you've asked about specialty restaurants, but just so you know, Chops is no longer open on embarkation day on Oasis.  We were on earlier this month.  I suspect (but don't know for sure) that this is a function of the fact that they are serving the modified Chops menu in the MDR to the Key folks and they simply do not have the manpower to service both venues effectively.  I had been reading, recently, about the poor service in Chops on embarkation day, which I suspect is a result of a stress on serving staff.  I guess it was best just to close Chops completely and focus on the Key crowd.  Giovanni's is open though, if you are looking for a specialty restaurant on embarkation.  If you have the Unlimited Dining Plan, it is included.

A few days ago I booked a noon lunch in chops grill for wife and I embarkation day. 

Oasis 5/10/20 sailing, booked it in cruise planner 

1 hour ago, HappyCouple72 said:

A few days ago I booked a noon lunch in chops grill for wife and I embarkation day. 

Oasis 5/10/20 sailing, booked it in cruise planner 

I did too in my cruise planner and I got a confirmation email. Mine is the February 23rd sailng

• 2 years later...
On 12/31/2019 at 3:08 PM, RFerrington said:

I reserved Chops for Embarkation day lunch for my family and I (August 5th), it said nothing about having lunch in the MDR with a Chops menu. I know people that are using "The Key" have lunch in the MDR with the Chops Grille Menu.

2 minutes ago, Homelines1977 said:

I reserved Chops for Embarkation day lunch for my family and I (August 5th), it said nothing about having lunch in the MDR with a Chops menu. I know people that are using "The Key" have lunch in the MDR with the Chops Grille Menu.

Things have probably changed since 2019, which is when I posted my info.  Chops may very well be open on embarkation day now.  Enjoy your lunch !