Is this a good deal for sky suite on Edge?

uptowne001

The prices for my July Mediterranean cruise (11 night on Edge) have decreased quite a bit, and I can now book a S3 suite for $2500 more then what I am paying for Infinite Veranda. When I first booked a year suites were astronomically higher. Thoughts on whether it is worth the upgrade? 

4 hours ago, uptowne001 said:

The prices for my July Mediterranean cruise (11 night on Edge) have decreased quite a bit, and I can now book a S3 suite for $2500 more then what I am paying for Infinite Veranda. When I first booked a year suites were astronomically higher. Thoughts on whether it is worth the upgrade? 

It sounds like you'll be paying an additional $113 pp/day to upgrade to the S3 suite. How many perks are you currently getting with your IV booking and do you also get all 4 perks free with the upgrade? In addition if you're sure you're going, is there an additional discount if you also make the booking nonrefundable?

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

We were getting 3 perks with the veranda booking, and will be getting 4 with the suite, which will be the $300 credit. We were already on the non-refundable deposit which did make a big difference in price. This will be a once in a life time trip for our 10th anniversary

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, uptowne001 said:

We were getting 3 perks with the veranda booking, and will be getting 4 with the suite, which will be the $300 credit. We were already on the non-refundable deposit which did make a big difference in price. This will be a once in a life time trip for our 10th anniversary

Then go for it! You will love eating in the Luminae, enjoying the various perks associated with Michael's and their concierge, and having the much larger cabin and balcony with a butler will make it all that more special!

29 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Then go for it! You will love eating in the Luminae, enjoying the various perks associated with Michael's and their concierge, and having the much larger cabin and balcony with a butler will make it all that more special!

Forget Michaels, they’ll have the Retreat Lounge, Retreat Pool Deck and the Bar at the Retreat Pool where you can get a light lunch, nice.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Oville said:

Forget Michaels, they’ll have the Retreat Lounge, Retreat Pool Deck and the Bar at the Retreat Pool where you can get a light lunch, nice.

That’s what our drawcard is. I’m thinking it may be heavily marketed to Spanish as there are several excursions offered in Spanish and as ours is during school break then maybe lots of children. I know children can go into the retreat but am hoping they may not book suites due to costs. That’s the plan anyway. 

42 minutes ago, Pushka said:

That’s what our drawcard is. I’m thinking it may be heavily marketed to Spanish as there are several excursions offered in Spanish and as ours is during school break then maybe lots of children. I know children can go into the retreat but am hoping they may not book suites due to costs. That’s the plan anyway. 

Just so you know.  We are on the Edge on January 12th, less than two weeks away.  We we’re booked in an S3, deck 9 and we’re quite happy because the S1 and 2 prices were absurdly expensive at the time we signed on..  A couple of weeks ago for the shucks of it I checked suites pricing and found that S1s were cheaper than our S3.  Next day we switched to an S1 and are thrilled.  No money back of course but we are happy puppies.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, uptowne001 said:

Oh wow!! That is amazing!! I will keep an eye on the prices, enjoy your cruise!! 🙂

Please do and especially after final payment.   It was a pretty big drop from what we paid.

Edited by Oville

12 minutes ago, Oville said:

Not following?

If prices were $8,100 pp a year ago I would consider a price of $4,599 a pretty good deal

When I looked at S1 & S2 (not shown) they are the same price and listed at only $200 pp more than a S3

Edited by Jim_Iain

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If prices were $8,100 pp a year ago I would consider a price of $4,599 a pretty good deal

Oh, so those are the S3 prices and the S1s and 2s aren’t that much different, right?

Good grief I just rechecked what we paid for our S3 when we booked, what were we thinking?  The S1 we switched to was close to $1,000 dollars less, but of course we couldn’t reduce our fare but happy to have the S1 mid-ship.

Thanks, Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

Sounds like a great deal- you get so much more with a suite- worth it IMO.  We do prefer an S1 or S2-  The S3's might have an obstructed view because of the magic carpet and its rails.  But still really worth it!  The suite lounge and deck makes the experience wonderful- also access to Luminae great- 

Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, uptowne001 said:

Hope you booked it !

Good price,  full suite benefits,  once in a lifetime trip  for 10th anniv...and possible buffer from large groups who may be booked.....

19 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hope you booked it !

Good price,  full suite benefits,  once in a lifetime trip  for 10th anniv...and possible buffer from large groups who may be booked.....

I did decide to book it!! I am so beyond excited, I never imagined we would be able to do a suite!

• Like 3