Old Next Cruise Certificate

pmfan

I have a Next Cruise Certificate I purchased back in December 2010. This was back when the Royal Caribbean gave you OBC for bookings. Amount depended on number of nights the booking was for. This OBC was also combinable with your stockholders credit. I am looking at an 11 night sailing. Can anyone shed some light on what these credit amounts would be and if there is anything else that we received when booking back in December 2010?

Anyone have old papers or emails that would shed light on this?

1 hour ago, pmfan said:

I have a Next Cruise Certificate I purchased back in December 2010. This was back when the Royal Caribbean gave you OBC for bookings. Amount depended on number of nights the booking was for. This OBC was also combinable with your stockholders credit. I am looking at an 11 night sailing. Can anyone shed some light on what these credit amounts would be and if there is anything else that we received when booking back in December 2010?

Anyone have old papers or emails that would shed light on this?

I received $200 OBC for a couple cruise in 2010 and early 2011. One was 10 night and the other was 12.

They changed the amount around then. You'll probably have a tough time getting the $200

2 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

I received $200 OBC for a couple cruise in 2010 and early 2011. One was 10 night and the other was 12.

They changed the amount around then. You'll probably have a tough time getting the $200

I thought it was $200 for a 10 + night cruise, but then that was a long time ago and was unable to find anything that told me for sure. Thank you!

But the idea of the next cruise was that when you used them you were to receive the amounts that were in effect when you purchased them. So with their rules I should receive a booking obc of $200. along with my shareholders of $200. as they were combinable when I purchased. 

At least that is what I understood. Am I wrong?

6 minutes ago, deepcman said:

I hate to break the bad news to you but shareholder OBC is now $100 for 7-13 days and $250 for 14 days+.

$200 has been totally eliminated.

That is the now rates. The sale of the next cruise certificates was that in the future when you did the booking you would be booking at the OBC that was in  effect when you purchased the certificate. So it should be $200. 

27 minutes ago, pmfan said:

That is the now rates. The sale of the next cruise certificates was that in the future when you did the booking you would be booking at the OBC that was in  effect when you purchased the certificate. So it should be $200. 

You should be able to get the original amount of OBC that came with the certificate.  You may have to escalate this to resolutions.  You will be limited to the shareholder OBC that is applicable today which is $100.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You should be able to get the original amount of OBC that came with the certificate.  You may have to escalate this to resolutions.  You will be limited to the shareholder OBC that is applicable today which is $100.

I wonder if they will allow the shareholder OBC combination.  They may go by the combination rules in place when the NC certificate was purchased.

I have one from 2013. Same OBC amounts as shown on the 2011 certificate. It does have 2 friends & family certificates with it though.  So if we had any friends or family, they would receive the same onboard booking credit amounts. :classic_biggrin:

I want to ask if me and my friend have purchased the next cruise certificate at different time, and now we are planning to cruise together in one stateroom, can both of us get the OBC?  Since I was told by my travel agent only one next cruise certificate can be used for one stateroom.  Thanks!

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes.  The rules changed last summer.  The shareholder credit is combinable with balcony discounts for cruises booked after June/July 2019

Thanks, I thought I saw something about that.

I’ve literally never gotten a shareholder credit  I tried on the past 5 cruises. I guess when I get any other discounts, the SC doesn’t apply. I wish RCCL would allow that to be combinable and start a military/veterans credit like Princess. When we sail on Princess, my wife, stepfather, and I get the veterans OBC and Mom gets the shareholders credit. 

4 minutes ago, snl2000 said:

I’ve literally never gotten a shareholder credit  I tried on the past 5 cruises. I guess when I get any other discounts, the SC doesn’t apply. I wish RCCL would allow that to be combinable and start a military/veterans credit like Princess. When we sail on Princess, my wife, stepfather, and I get the veterans OBC and Mom gets the shareholders credit. 

Royal has changed the shareholder benefit rules for cruises booked after June 1, 2019.  Combinations are now allowed.

• Thanks 1