Live Reflection Jan 3rd thru 10th

whitshel

1 hour ago, DrKoob said:

Will be following your report. Thanks for doing this. We will be onboard Reflection at the end of February to sail to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. A couple of questions I would love to know the answers to.

1. Is Giuseppe still the cruise director? If he is, and you see him, ask him if he will still be there for Mardi Gras. We were on Reflection in Iceland in June and he was GREAT
  2. If are walking through the World Class Bar on Deck 5, see if Olexi is still the bartender. If he is, ask for one of his "special" drinks and then let me know if he is still there. 

Again, don't go out of your way to do this but if you are walking through, I would love to know.

Jim

No problem and we'll be sure and ask for that drink. 🍹

So we're back from Sawgrass Mills, remember the main objective was too go to Ron Jon surf shop n buy some shirts, I purposely packed light on shirts knowing I was going to buy some.  Well guess what, they closed down, the closest Ron Jon is now in Cocoa Beach 🥺🥺 so it was off to TJ Maxx to buy a couple. So disappointed.

We did have a great dinner at Grand Lux Cafe tho.  For those that don't know about them, they are owned by cheesecake factory with a different menu.  So the evening wasn't a total bust.

OBW, the Uber ride round trip from the crown plaza to Sawgrass, $53 and no shirts too boot. 

20200102_180653.thumb.jpg.ea8a54bf8e6b72174c1bf7811892ec44.jpg

20200102_174643.thumb.jpg.71d3faf04af968a02bbc97ddc6dcc2d8.jpg

20200102_174719.thumb.jpg.91d51321b6644e02c4f5bc423a074eac.jpg

My daughter's drink, some tropical mojito

20200102_173402.thumb.jpg.4f27297261e73cef47b5712e4eed28cb.jpg

Anyone else want to give us some drink suggestions, were open!!  I'm a gin n tonic guy and craft beer so those will be my drinks of choice but I want to try some others. I downloaded a file from these boards to get some ideas, we only have the classic so keep that in mind 👍

I also took a screen shot of a menu from I think the schooner bar on Rccl that had some drinks that sounded really good. Hopefully Celebrity will have them as well.

20191208_090112.thumb.jpg.7b7c30b7b875eec44e16ad8375fc910f.jpg

celebrity drinks list.pdf

Good luck with your bags!

Will be following!  We are sailing on the Reflection in November on the America's cruise, and then again in August 2021 on the Baltic States cruise.  Can't wait to see your photos!

Enjoy!

12 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Will be following your report. Thanks for doing this. We will be onboard Reflection at the end of February to sail to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. A couple of questions I would love to know the answers to.

1. Is Giuseppe still the cruise director? If he is, and you see him, ask him if he will still be there for Mardi Gras. We were on Reflection in Iceland in June and he was GREAT
  2. If are walking through the World Class Bar on Deck 5, see if Olexi is still the bartender. If he is, ask for one of his "special" drinks and then let me know if he is still there. 

Again, don't go out of your way to do this but if you are walking through, I would love to know.

Jim

This is exciting, we board the 31st for our first Celebrity cruise.  We’re diamond plus on RC, so get elite status on Celebrity.  I’m really interested in your LCG dinner tonight since I booked it for our first night too.

15 minutes ago, ATG said:

This is exciting, we board the 31st for our first Celebrity cruise.  We’re diamond plus on RC, so get elite status on Celebrity.  I’m really interested in your LCG dinner tonight since I booked it for our first night too.

We love LCG! As I said in another post we’re from NYC so we just love eating outside in January, sailing in the Caribbean! Hope you enjoy it!

Glad your luggage showed up and sorry about the closed store.

Reminds me of a month ago when my wife and I purposely went out of our way to go to a restaurant that has Carolina wings that she loves, only to find out they no longer serve them. Like you, we just made the best of it.

58 minutes ago, ATG said:

I'll try n do a full review of LCG. We're really looking forward to it as well

6 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Both the Silhouette and reflection are our favorite s class ships.  Love the lawn club grill   Since you are three adults is the third bed couch comfortable for somebody 5’5” and 130 lbs?

Both Silhouette and Reflection are in Port today. And we'll let you know about the bed, our room actually has both the trundle and a Pullman bed. 

11 minutes ago, whitshel said:

I'll try n do a full review of LCG. We're really looking forward to it as well

In case you haven't heard, two tips for enjoying LCG:  

1.  wear expandable pants 😉.

2.  save room for desert...the warm chocolate chip cookie is fabulous.

Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So this morning I woke up about 5am couldn't get back to sleep so got up n took a nice long walk to McDonald's, Starbucks and the 17th St bridge. Got a few pics. Looks like we have the Reflection, Silhouette, Caribbean Princess and a Dam ship in port today. 

Here's a few pics

20200103_082340.thumb.jpg.dfe82783f0b23c0615745f9285371a2b.jpg

Screenshot_20200103-083847_Maps.thumb.jpg.b8fed0d9442cbc9bb792eaad1c63f080.jpg

EFFECTS.thumb.jpg.2eb23c2ea9a7c60f7c59ebdb52e3e43c.jpg

20200103_072913.thumb.jpg.f25325bd283dd516e1420a00c475baec.jpg

20200103_072256.thumb.jpg.00a5b846221231d342548599f17a70da.jpg

• Like 1

This is the 1st Cruise I didn't bring 1 piece of paper for any reservations. Mobile air boarding pass, no hotel paperwork, mobile Xpress pass for Celebrity, both shore excursions are on my phone so hope all goes ok. 

We will be using the mobile app for texting as well, also it's been said that we can use our phones to open the cabin door, we shall see 🤔

Screenshot_20200103-085500_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.23c79cfc222f0bf4048160dce29976e4.jpg

38 minutes ago, whitshel said:

This is the 1st Cruise I didn't bring 1 piece of paper for any reservations. Mobile air boarding pass, no hotel paperwork, mobile Xpress pass for Celebrity, both shore excursions are on my phone so hope all goes ok. 

We will be using the mobile app for texting as well, also it's been said that we can use our phones to open the cabin door, we shall see 🤔

Screenshot_20200103-085500_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.23c79cfc222f0bf4048160dce29976e4.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! We are staying at the Renaissance & we can see the port from our room but only the tops of the ships!

Looking forward to your review.  I have 10 weeks till we sail.   You said you were using the mobile app to text.  Is that for keeping in touch with people on the ship?  If so does that cost anything extra? 
No, it will use the ships WiFi but you are not required to purchase it. I guess you can add anyone you want. We'll see here shortly

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, whitshel said:

No, it will use the ships WiFi but you are not required to purchase it. I guess you can add anyone you want. We'll see here shortly

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Enjoying your review already!   How is the Crown Plaza?  One we're considering for future cruise.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

Enjoying your review already!   How is the Crown Plaza?  One we're considering for future cruise.  Thanks.

It's ok if you're just staying a night. Not much around it but it is close to both the airport and the cruise port