Live Reflection Jan 3rd thru 10th

whitshel

4 hours ago, lola2013 said:

Apologies to whitsel for hijacking the thread...my friend and I have a SV booked on Reflection for the 2021 westbound TA.  Were you able to get either a footstool or lounger on the balcony?  We will be in 8355 (shouldn't matter...just a mention).  We will have seven seadays and would love to be able to sit on our balcony and relax as we cross the Atlantic.  I'm also booked in a SV this September on Equinox and am hoping for the same!

Thanks!

No apologies needed, if questions are answered that's the whole point, and we have the same toiletries.

Edited by whitshel
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

We're on the same cruise (and were actually with the OP on the San Juan food tour - such a small world) in a Sunset Verandah and here is a picture of the toiletries in our bathroom. First time I've seen these little bottles. 

IMG_20200103_185748.jpg

Same in our 1A. And great to meet you last night. 👍

4 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

We’re traveling with friends on Reflection in 2 weeks who have the Classic Beverage Package. 

Can you tell me which beverages they are currently allowing to be ordered at al Bacio with that package?

I know that implementation has been really inconsistent across ships, but CBP is supposed to include “premium teas” and “premium coffees", specific alcohols (like kahlua), and a per drink limit of $9.

I believe they usually include all the non-alcoholic beverages on the al Baccio menu but are inconsistent about the ones with alcohol — even those under the $9 per cap which contain “included” alcohol, like Kahlua.

Aspen coffee, in particular is questionable. It only goes for $8 but the Bailey’s  (& Frangelica) are no longer included in  the classic package.

I know that some ships have required you to order a side shot of the booze rather than adding it to the coffee.

Anybody with recent experience — especially onboard Reflection?

I've had Aspens on Reflection with the Classic Beverage package. 

6 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

We haven't asked, I'm afraid, as we're not prone to lounging on the balcony.

Though the gorgeous views (we're in 8344) have compelled us to spend more time on the verandah than we usually do. Here's our view on Saturday evening - absolutely gorgeous! 

IMG-20200103-WA0013.jpg

Beautiful!! I have 8348 booked for my July 2021 Norwegian Fjord cruise and this picture makes me even more excited!!

We’re traveling with friends on Reflection in 2 weeks who have the Classic Beverage Package. 

Can you tell me which beverages they are currently allowing to be ordered at al Bacio with that package?

I know that implementation has been really inconsistent across ships, but CBP is supposed to include “premium teas” and “premium coffees", specific alcohols (like kahlua), and a per drink limit of $9.

I believe they usually include all the non-alcoholic beverages on the al Baccio menu but are inconsistent about the ones with alcohol — even those under the $9 per cap which contain “included” alcohol, like Kahlua.

Aspen coffee, in particular is questionable. It only goes for $8 but the Bailey’s  (& Frangelica) are no longer included in  the classic package.

I know that some ships have required you to order a side shot of the booze rather than adding it to the coffee.

Anybody with recent experience — especially onboard Reflection?

They are consistently inconsistent in what is included on the various beverage packages.  I understand your point about Baileys not being on the Classic Package but the Aspen coffee has...on Equinox and Silhouette.  And a mudslide is still on the Classic Package and it includes Baileys.

9 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Frozen toasted almond drinks also include Baileys and are included in the Classic beverage package on every ship we've sailed on X.

That sounds delicious! I’m a fan of frozen mudslides, but I bet I’d like the frozen toasted almond.  What’s in that, besides Bailey’s and probably that Oasis mix? Betting amaretto would be in there.

I’m wondering if Celebrity stopped being inconsistent on this when they changed the policy and allowed paying to upgrade drinks over the Classic price cap.

We actually have a premium package on our Reflection cruise.
Thanks for the input!

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr

23 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

If you get a chance would you please check and post what Cannon cameras are for sale as well as the pricing? We're sailing Reflection in March and have quite a bit on OBC-N to use up and we want to upgrade our digital camera. Thanks.

I’ll try to remember to check on current prices on our 1/20 Reflection cruise and post here.

Jane

• Thanks 1

That sounds delicious! I’m a fan of frozen mudslides, but I bet I’d like the frozen toasted almond.  What’s in that, besides Bailey’s and probably that Oasis mix? Betting amaretto would be in there.

I’m wondering if Celebrity stopped being inconsistent on this when they changed the policy and allowed paying to upgrade drinks over the Classic price cap.

We actually have a premium package on our Reflection cruise.
Thanks for the input!

Jane

Frozen Toasted Almond Drink Recipe

January 13, 2011

Frozen Toasted Almond

SERVES 1

1 oz. amaretto liqueur
1/2 oz. Kahlúa coffee liqueur
1/2 oz. Baileys Original Irish Cream
1 oz. vanilla ice cream
1 scoop of ice

1. Mix all ingredients in a blender. Serve in a tall stemmed glass; decorative paper parasol optional.

I sometimes ask them to swirl the glass with a bit of chocolate. It makes it extra yummy! 

I
  •  
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Frozen Toasted Almond Drink Recipe

January 13, 2011

Frozen Toasted Almond

SERVES 1

1 oz. amaretto liqueur
1/2 oz. Kahlúa coffee liqueur
1/2 oz. Baileys Original Irish Cream
1 oz. vanilla ice cream
1 scoop of ice

1. Mix all ingredients in a blender. Serve in a tall stemmed glass; decorative paper parasol optional.

I sometimes ask them to swirl the glass with a bit of chocolate. It makes it extra yummy! 

I
  •  

Thanks for sharing the recipe! I’m definitely going to try that — maybe for dessert!

Jane

On 1/5/2020 at 1:45 AM, btregoning said:

I will be following along.  We are on our first Celebrity cruise, on the Reflection on January 31st.  We are looking forward to trying something new.

If you go by Café al Bacio, could you see if they offer iced coffees, and how much they cost?  I am thinking about picking up a coffee card to used for my much beloved iced coffee.

I noticed that another poster said they do not have coffee cards.  We definitely purchased one on our Silhouette Iceland cruise last August.  It was a last minute cruise for us and only the 2nd X cruise we have taken without a drinks package.  I also had a card for a certain number of glasses of wine, but don’t remember the details.  I do remember that the coffee card was not good for tea (which is often a similar cost) and so was disappointing for us.

We get on the Reflection as the OP gets off (10-20 January) and will check on the coffee card situation.

7 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I noticed that another poster said they do not have coffee cards.  We definitely purchased one on our Silhouette Iceland cruise last August.  It was a last minute cruise for us and only the 2nd X cruise we have taken without a drinks package.  I also had a card for a certain number of glasses of wine, but don’t remember the details.  I do remember that the coffee card was not good for tea (which is often a similar cost) and so was disappointing for us.

We get on the Reflection as the OP gets off (10-20 January) and will check on the coffee card situation.

Thank you very much. I will be looking for your supply. 

I took a pic of the page at Cafe Al Bacio that has all the drinks under $9. I've had a couple of them and have not been charged. 

Screenshot_20200108-095522_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2dd354f6396f7384b0484a61d8205de8.jpg

The Aspen coffee

20200108_095432.thumb.jpg.836da90f5b22439da306b77a9a134567.jpg

The premium drinks

20200108_094658.thumb.jpg.b5cdcb009982c3579ecede94aec5d838.jpg

Edited by whitshel
  • Like 1

St Thomas we had our catamaran tour. It really was just ok. It rained about the 1st half, the second have was really nice n sunny. Really didn't get to go where I wanted but we still had some pretty good snorkeling and we stopped at a nice beach, Honeymoon which is right next to Caneel Bay with an abandoned resort on it. We were supposed to have appetizers in the sail, but they just had a few bags of chips. We still had great fun with the cc folks we met. Marc and Irene, Nick n Katie, and Ray n Kathy. 

It left from the Margaritaville resort. (Which btw had one of the worst beaches I've ever seen)

20200106_130905.thumb.jpg.8378c9daa8b50da2a89e1c4e35592551.jpg

20200106_091251.thumb.jpg.25173ddb814a42db304a216ebdaa3c2e.jpg

The tender ride to get to the cat. 

20200106_091738.thumb.jpg.bafe2d8af2cf31d1b107c6ff1d1fd132.jpg

20200106_091803.thumb.jpg.d84c398d889d2f45263ad74b98b9d451.jpg

20200106_122051.thumb.jpg.9986c0d8139af385f2efac1437ff977b.jpg

20200106_092839.thumb.jpg.7712cac4c293e0570516f74472f89bb8.jpg